HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 3:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi View Post
Does anyone maybe think the developers could pull a Chrysler and add a spire to the building even with the supposed change in the renders? Im not aware of how high the building can be built, whether it's 1550 feet or taller.
They'd have to amend the current DOB filings. Maybe as this is rising, towards the end, checking the DOB database for a suprise? They can always modify it. Come on Barnett!!!

Surely would be nice.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 4:27 PM
New Yorker for life

^ We wouldn't see a spire height reflected in the DOB permits, but maybe something related, like the equipment to put one up. I'm hoping for a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
I read that in my head with the voice of a hand-wringing evil scientist...

Bwahahaaaaah.

Yes, my evil plan is finally coming to fruition. We'll turn this city against the NIMBYs from the inside. Bwahahaha

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
^ We wouldn't see a spire height reflected in the DOB permits, but maybe something related, like the equipment to put one up. I'm hoping for a surprise.
Don't they already have a permit to have equipment up to 1860 feet or something like that?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 8:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh222 View Post
Don't they already have a permit to have equipment up to 1860 feet or something like that?
I haven't seen that. The FAA study was for less, but on Extell's website they just keep saying the tower will rise above 1,550 ft.

https://extell.com/portfolio/central-park-tower

Quote:
Rising over 1,550 feet above Manhattan, Central Park Tower will be the tallest residential tower in the Western Hemisphere. The building will include ultra-luxury condominium residences and dynamic amenity spaces, as well as a 285,000 square-foot Nordstrom department store. This new 7-story retail space will be Nordstrom’s flagship location in New York City.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 4:40 AM

I'm taking the "over 1550" to mean the 1569' number from the DOB filings. Of course a spire would be better...

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 3:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
I'm taking the "over 1550" to mean the 1569' number from the DOB filings. Of course a spire would be better...
That's the thing, why would they give a specific height of over 1,550 ft, as opposed to "over 1,500 ft"? And if that was the intended height, it would make much more sense to give that specific height (1,569 ft). Current docs still list it at 1,550 ft. Maybe Barnett is hedging it with a spire?

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES198311894

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 3:49 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:02 PM
New Yorker for life

Yeah, come on Barnett, look to 3 Hudson for in-spire-ation.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:50 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Already peaking into the skyline from the Allianz building on Broadway a few blocks away. There is definitely a blue protective film on the glass.

Image Source: me and my already outdated iPhone
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:30 PM
BANNED

From Saturday 9/16

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 8:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 18, 2017 at 8:35 PM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 9:42 PM

20 floors above the cantilever- progress seems to have slowed a bit over the last 3 weeks however. Maybe they're on a mechanical floor?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 1:34 AM
A before E

It is looking good, so many new towers in NYC in just the last three years since I left there. It is gonna feel like a different city when I finally get back there to visit.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 9:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
It is looking good, so many new towers in NYC in just the last three years since I left there. It is gonna feel like a different city when I finally get back there to visit.
If you haven't been back, you will be in for a shock. So many towers that you couldn't believe are being built everywhere.. NoMad has like 4 skyscrapers proposed, an area that was an afterthought a while ago.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 10:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yeah he will be in for a suprise. Hell, even a month away, and you'd notice cranes and new things.

Be sure to check out LIC and DoBro. I know we can see pics here, but in person, you really would think your in some virtual reality given how damn different the areas are.

If you can somehow get a flight to LaGuardia (assuming layover), and you get the visual route, and your window faces West, you're in for the Royale entrance to the city. The one were you see the bay, JC, Lower, all of Midtown, portions of DoBro, LIC, Astoria, Flushing... yeah, it's quite a nice view.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 3:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 7:20 AM

Look at 30 Hudson peaking in.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 2:02 PM
Ex Houstonian

That view is going to look absolutely futuristic and wonderful in a couple of years.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:41 PM

Here's a side by side of how the upcoming Nordstrom Tower (AKA Central Park Tower) stacks up against the current tallest (by roof) building in America:

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:48 PM
Ex Houstonian

Why they don't put a spire on this and make it way sexier and at the same time the tallest building in North America is beyond me.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive