HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Yes. It is my opinion. Why are you having such a difficult time with that?!?

Just because I don't see the ICE District as something amazing doesn't mean I'm trolling. I'm not bringing up the Ice District every chance I get. I'm just . repeating my 2 cents like everyone else does. Stop being so sensitive.

That a load of horseshit that I'm quick to defend Toronto if there's any validity to the criticism. There's just a lot of oneupmanship through pointless comparisons made on this forum that deserve to be put in their place. It doesn't matter if it's for Toronto, Montreal, Calgary , Edmonton, etc. Of course, I don't expect you to have seen any of that being obsessed with a person's location.
I have a problem with it because you do it all the time, continuously whenever you get a chance. For the regulars on this forum I don't need to inventory the many, many times you have made such comments. And you cannot even enter a conversation about the arena and the financing and related benefits or lack thereof by adding in the all unnecessary comments about "how bland it is" or how its a "cold bland landscape" or how its "not living up to its hype".

It has nothing to do with being overly sensitive and more with the fact that you are just one obnoxious prick. I have been a member in this forum for a long time and while I may not post a lot I read it all and buddy, you are not fooling anybody here...

Once again, we all get it. You don't like the development. Move on!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEinEDMONTON View Post
I have a problem with it because you do it all the time, continuously whenever you get a chance. For the regulars on this forum I don't need to inventory the many, many times you have made such comments. And you cannot even enter a conversation about the arena and the financing and related benefits or lack thereof by adding in the all unnecessary comments about "how bland it is" or how its a "cold bland landscape" or how its "not living up to its hype".

It has nothing to do with being overly sensitive and more with the fact that you are just one obnoxious prick. I have been a member in this forum for a long time and while I may not post a lot I read it all and buddy, you are not fooling anybody here...

Yea... WhipperSnapper has gotten under my skin a few times too. Don't let it bother you, some people are just like that.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:07 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEinEDMONTON View Post

Yes, it has everything to with you being overly sensitive to criticism. I don't see you bitching about the continuous ranting and raving over the Ice District. It's a double standard to consider praise okay and criticism trolling.

I didn't post photos of the Ice District that steered the direction from being the Katz' deal to include the aesthetics of the Ice District. It was the first time I've seen the completed frontage facing 104 of the CofE Tower. I wrote what I thought about it and you took offense.

I'm not here to fool anyone. I write things exactly how I see it. That's all you. I don't think it's working for you right now.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:30 PM

Hey guys, how about we talk about stadiums & arenas of Canada, instead of arguing about Edmonton's ICE district? Crazy thought, I know.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:32 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME View Post
Yea... WhipperSnapper has gotten under my skin a few times too. Don't let it bother you, some people are just like that.
I wish the best for our cities. That's achieved by looking at things critically and pointing out where things could have been improved. Boosterism like ranking an outdoor screens, outdoor patios as extraordinary and/or the peak of civilization (10/10) is mindless and pointless. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Johnson View Post
whats the plural for stadium?
stadia! lol

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, it has everything to with you being overly sensitive to criticism. I don't see you bitching about the continuous ranting and raving over the Ice District. It's a double standard to consider praise okay and criticism trolling.

I didn't post photos of the Ice District that steered the direction from being the Katz' deal to include the aesthetics of the Ice District. It was the first time I've seen the completed frontage facing 104 of the CofE Tower. I wrote what I thought about it and you took offense.

I'm not here to fool anyone. I write things exactly how I see it. That's all you. I don't think it's working for you right now.
Really? Seriously? You equate not commenting on people who rant and rave over a project and me not criticizing that as a double standard? Really? Why would anyone do that? I don't do that on any project that I like. No one does. Because...hmmm...that would be kind of...stupid?

Fact is, there are lots of fellow forumers that have made critical comments about the Ice District and I have not generally commented because everyone has their opinion. And, as usual, you clearly miss the point. I do not care whether you like anything about the development or not. It is your repetitive nature to continue endlessly with your negative comments that is the issue.

There comes a point where what you cross over from a person making constructive comments to being just a forum troll. You have reached that point. Congratulations.

Obnoxiousness and Arrogance is bliss...carry on...

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 6:03 PM
I am the law!

The double standard is that anyone that doesn't support your opinion on the project and doesn't live in Edmonton is a troll. Why should I not participate when someone reposts their opinion on the Ice district which happens frequently?

Really? I'm being obnoxious and arrogant ?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 6:21 PM

I think it's now time for Acajack to post a clever thematic youtube video here to cut the tension, lol.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 6:24 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME View Post
I think it's now time for Acajack to post a clever thematic youtube video here to cut the tension, lol.
Am I actually known for doing this on here? Oooh the pressure now!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:13 PM

2026 World Cup

Not surprisingly, Ottawa and Regina are out of contention as host cities

http://www.canadasoccer.com/united-b...1183-preview-1

Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal left for Canada

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:24 PM

Quote:
The double standard is that anyone that doesn't support your opinion on the project and doesn't live in Edmonton is a troll. Why should I not participate when someone reposts their opinion on the Ice district which happens frequently?

Really? I'm being obnoxious and arrogant ?
Yes.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:31 PM

Quote:

To be fair, it's not really completed. None of the CRUs in the COE Tower are open yet. I imagine it will seem significantly less "cold and bland" once signage is up and the bank and restaurants (likely with patios) are open. Not to mention everything west of that building is currently a massive construction zone.

Probably best to revisit opinions on this in a couple years once it's actually completed.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:33 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post

As expected I'd say.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:

Expected, but still disappointed to hear Ottawa is going to be left out. TD Place is a nice stadium and the atmosphere would've been awesome, oh well.

With that being said, all 4 remaining cities would be awesome hosts as well and strike a nice balance across the country.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
Expected, but still disappointed to hear Ottawa is going to be left out. TD Place is a nice stadium and the atmosphere would've been awesome, oh well.

With that being said, all 4 remaining cities would be awesome hosts as well and strike a nice balance across the country.
The last time Ottawa hosted a world cup at TD place this had to happen...

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 8:08 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised Mexico only has 3 cities, that seems small given the large population and the popularity of soccer over there.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 8:11 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I'm surprised Mexico only has 3 cities, that seems small given the large population and the popularity of soccer over there.
I am pretty sure they have only submitted three cities because they're being realistic. The Americans will get most of the games. There probably won't be enough games awarded to Mexico to justify more than three host cities.

I am not in the know but I am not sure Canada will get enough games to justify four host cities. But maybe we will.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 8:11 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
It's a US-based World Cup featuring Mexico and Canada on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I am pretty sure they have only submitted three cities because they're being realistic. The Americans will get most of the games. There probably won't be enough games awarded to Mexico to justify more than three host cities.

I am not in the know but I am not sure Canada will get enough games to justify four host cities. But maybe we will.
I don't see how it makes sense for Canada to have four to Mexico's three if they're getting the same number of matches. They're both playing second-fiddle to the US regardless.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Not surprisingly, Ottawa and Regina are out of contention as host cities, Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal left for Canada
So the four cities are just still in the running and none are a given if I interpret this correctly. Also there has yet to be a statement AFAIK that a host country will automatically qualify, as in the past, which would be kind of a drag if we hosted and didn't have a team there.

Just to put some of this into perspective here is how the tournament will go, I think

The tournament will open with a group stage consisting of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two teams progressing from each group to a knockout tournament starting with a round of 32 teams.

The number of games played overall will increase from 64 to 80, but the number of games played by finalists remains at seven, the same as with 32 teams, except that one group match will be replaced by a knockout match.

The tournament will also be completed within 32 days, same as previous 32-team tournaments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada