HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 5:03 PM

So it's safe to assume it'll be around 300 feet if you're on Peachtree Place. Not bad and I like the residential units wrapping around the parking....that means there will be eyes on the street instead of just a dead parking podium.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 5:25 PM

This would be a nice addition to the neighborhood. And ~800+ more people walking around this corridor daily. Wild.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 6:45 PM

they better get to adding a light to that intersection... it is already a shit show

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
they better get to adding a light to that intersection... it is already a shit show
I can't imagine a light there until spring is converted to two-way. There are few people who are turning from 10th onto spring there, which with the light cycle, gives plenty of time for people to turn onto spring from Ptree Place

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
Via Curbed on the student housing tower on Spring St.,

"The submittal to the Development Review Committee outlined plans for The Mark, with 18 floors of residences and an amenity level, atop a nine-story parking deck. The building would house approximately 800 students, with room for 380 cars. The parking would be wrapped by residential units and only be visible from a small sliver of Peachtree Place. Nearly 7,500 square feet of retail space would face 10th and Spring streets."

I love that they're wrapping the lot and also have a good amount of retail square footage.

Source: https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/10/1...arietta-street
I'm also happy to see more developments wrapping the parking deck with residential. Hopefully this becomes the norm.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTAisSmarta View Post
I can't imagine a light there until spring is converted to two-way. There are few people who are turning from 10th onto spring there, which with the light cycle, gives plenty of time for people to turn onto spring from Ptree Place
I'm talking about for pedestrians.... In fact I did see a pedestrian had been hit around rush hour one time I came home very recently.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 3:58 PM

Anthem signs lease to build 21-story IT services hub at Tech Square

I forgot there was a dedicated thread for this.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-services.html

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I'm talking about for pedestrians.... In fact I did see a pedestrian had been hit around rush hour one time I came home very recently.
Yeah, I agree on the pedestrian front. With Modera opening soon, and Phase 1 of NCR nearly complete and phase 2 well in progress, we should see a lot more pedestrian activity on that corridor. I would really like to see the 2 way conversion happen for Spring, (also W.P., Juniper and Piedmont) but I'm just not sure how quickly it will happen.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 1:36 AM

Building moratorium proposed for West Midtown

Quote:
An Atlanta city councilman representing a portion of the city's Westside is proposing a temporary building moratorium in the area to give the council time to adopt a master plan guiding development there.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-midtown.html

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 12:02 AM

Construction underway at 1280 West Peachtree - Interface Headquarters.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaXFeB0A...n-at=248697871

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 10:04 PM

Near Collier and Peachtree Road:

"rendering" found here: http://www.jllproperty.us/en-us/atla...-center/595898

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 6:59 PM

Jacoby, Aquarium In Talks For Downtown Marine Research Tower

If this ever becomes real, it seems to be very early in the development process. Interesting concept but the elevated walkways should be DOA .

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...ch-tower-80864

Quote:
Called One Ocean Place, the project is described as a “one-of-a-kind event, entertainment and exhibition attraction” connected by elevated walkways to the Georgia Aquarium's parking deck, according to Jacoby Development's website.

It will feature “marine life research and conservation activities aimed at benefiting human health,” as well as restaurants, performance space, a theater and “environment-themed entertainment attractions."

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 31, 2017 at 2:04 AM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 2:02 AM

This could be a massive game changer for the heart of this city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
interesting impact fee estimate request filed for the gulch today. If this is indicative in any way of the scope of the gulch redevelopment, it is going to be huge!

2,100 units of multi-family
1,000,000 sq ft of commercial
9,350,000 sq ft of office
1,500 hotel rooms

this is big enough to practically be it's own submarket.

https://aca3.accela.com/atlanta_ga/c...howinspection=

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 2:34 AM

That would allow 180 square feet for each of 50,000 employees. I can imagine only one or two organizations that could fill up such space. Maybe just one.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 10:53 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing. I find it interesting that someone is contemplating such an office-heavy development in a sub-market that has not exactly been booming with office development for quite a long time. Just a thought.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing. I find it interesting that someone is contemplating such an office-heavy development in a sub-market that has not exactly been booming with office development for quite a long time. Just a thought.
I'm sure this is a placeholder for the Amazon filled Atlanta live project, to be built in 8 phases over 20 years. Air rights to the state/city owned land (glitch is publicly owned), with first floor reserved for parking that can be converted to rail platforms for commuter rail. Hopefully retail will surround a state sponsored bus terminal on an upper floor. Also, a large chunk of the commercial floor space will be for a movie theater and or music venue. MAYBE the gwcc hotel will be relocated to this area to provide hotel patrons more activities in the evening. The Georgia dome site is a bit isolated from restaurants and nighttime activity. I'm sure an architecture firm will be hired to create a proposed site plan to help pitch Amazon, however it is hard to say if anything will be released to the public anytime soon.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I'm sure this is a placeholder for the Amazon filled Atlanta live project, to be built in 8 phases over 20 years.
I think you are exactly right. Nothing I have read previously about CIM Group's plans for the Gulch contemplates anything of this scale.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 5:51 PM

$140 million West Midtown project seeks rezoning

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ect-seeks.html
Quote:
The developer of a $140 million West Midtown project has filed with the city of Atlanta for a rezoning to allow loft office space, townhomes, a rooftop restaurant, and other amenities on the site.

Fairburn, Ga.-based real estate firm S.J. Collins was scheduled to officially present the project for the first time Tuesday night to the Marietta Street Artery Association. It’s one of the early steps in the effort to rezone the nearly 9-acre industrial site at Howell Mill and 14th streets for a mixed-use development.

The project would include a six-story building with up to 190,000 square feet of loft office space. GATV has already agreed to lease about one-fourth of it. It may offer an alternative to startups growing out of Georgia Advanced Technology Ventures incubators.

The building would also feature 90,000 square feet of retail, including street-level storefronts, a rooftop restaurant, and event space.

A 140-key boutique hotel is also in the works.

As for housing, developer Terwilliger Pappas plans to build 342 apartments, with 15 percent set aside as affordable units. For-sale options could include 18 townhomes and 40 flats. Prices may range from about $350,000 to more than $1 million, depending on the market.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 13, 2017 at 12:44 PM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 12:43 PM

Parkside Partners has prime Midtown property at Peachtree and 17th under contract

Quote:
Last year, the property's current owner The Simpson Organization presented its plans for redeveloping the site into a large mixed-use project. The property is entitled for 506,145 square feet of non-residential density. Parkside isn’t likely to take the project in that direction.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/11/13/parkside-partners-has-prime-midtown-property-Paywall

As many of us may recall, the current owner had this planned for the site.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/11/13/parkside-partners-has-prime-midtown-property-Paywall

As many of us may recall, the current owner had this planned for the site.
Does that parking podium violate the new rules set by the midtown alliance? I thought it was supposed to be shielded by units? I may be incorrect.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta