HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

3 Civic Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 5:05 AM

Why it is called 3 Civic ? Is there 1 and 2 Civic buildings ? Will there be 4, 5, 6 or more Civic buildings in future in this area ? Is this the building name or the actual mailing address ? I wonder

I guess the building code does not allow them to have big logo on building.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Why it is called 3 Civic ? Is there 1 and 2 Civic buildings ? Will there be 4, 5, 6 or more Civic buildings in future in this area ? Is this the building name or the actual mailing address ? I wonder

I guess the building code does not allow them to have big logo on building.
Called 3 Civic because it is the third building to be built on Civic Plaza, the first two were the Library and the City Hall, respectively.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 4:00 PM

More questions ...

1. I know that residential has 4 elevators.. since the residential floors start from 15.. does that mean that there won't be any stops from 1 to 15 ? (ie. 1st stop if 15)

2. When is the exact timeline of completion ? I heard few different things, Jan , March , April - Can anyone who is involved in construction ( I think Skymaster is ?) chime onto this..

3. The developer.. (Century Group) - Are the reputable ? I haven't seen too many projects from them.. Are they as good as Bosa and/or Concord ?

4. For residents at 3 civic plaza.. do you know what the price is to use the amenity as it is not included in strata fee..

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokim99 View Post
More questions ...
3. The developer.. (Century Group) - Are the reputable ? I haven't seen too many projects from them.. Are they as good as Bosa and/or Concord ?
From what I've seen, Century is a reputable local builder/owner. They've quite an extensive portfolio that's been built up over the years. They're behind much of what you see in Tsawassen.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 8:35 PM

A few pics of the logo installation on the building's north side today. The diamond itself is relatively small, but the whole logo will be quite large with all the lettering.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 8:49 PM

Has the balcony glass been installed or just the railings?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 10:00 PM

Nice, thanks.
The kerning seems a bit wide on the sign - but it'll make it bigger.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 12:31 AM

Still no sign on the south side. Some guitar pick windows are still missing their glass on that side. They started putting in railings for the southern balconies last week. IIRC on the west side, there's only one balcony with glass installed.

From what I can tell, they haven't yet found a tenant or operator for the amenity floor.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokim99 View Post
More questions ...

1. I know that residential has 4 elevators.. since the residential floors start from 15.. does that mean that there won't be any stops from 1 to 15 ? (ie. 1st stop if 15)

2. When is the exact timeline of completion ? I heard few different things, Jan , March , April - Can anyone who is involved in construction ( I think Skymaster is ?) chime onto this..
1.) I'm positive that there won't be any stops for the residential elevators.

2.) I'm not really involved in the construction. The last bit of work I did there was in August and I have no given date of the completion time. It's all speculation.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 6:24 PM

They started pouring the sidewalks along City Parkway and Central Ave yesterday.

As for completion, by the looks of things i'm guessing hotel in January, rest of the building next spring.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
They started pouring the sidewalks along City Parkway and Central Ave yesterday.

As for completion, by the looks of things i'm guessing hotel in January, rest of the building next spring.
Once this is done, along with the new 103 Ave - renamed Central Avenue alignment completed as well as the Skytrain north entrance...this place will look way better than what it is now.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 8:43 PM

^Also Central Ave will be constructed/widened through to King George Blvd in the Spring

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
^Also Central Ave will be constructed/widened through to King George Blvd in the Spring
Has the city put out a document about that project? I'm curious about the parking impact.

3 Civic Plaza's marketing people sent out an email claiming that October 16 marked the official renaming of 103 Ave to Central Ave, but I couldn't find anything to corroborate this.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 9:54 PM

^I don't believe so. It will likely go to council for tender in the new year (report at that time), construction starting in Spring. Engineering is being done right now behind the scenes. The parking lot in front of that strip plaza will be gone.

Will also see a new signalized intersection at Central Ave & City Parkway.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:12 AM

I decided not to buy condo at 3 Civic Plaza Tower. The lobby will be so busy all the time with hotel guests, office employees, and residents... People from Skytrain stations can freely come in. And the major events outside the city hall, plus any possible protests there. Last week, they close the area and roads for movie !? It is too much activities and too much noise for my quiet life after busy work.

I am looking at other "normal" condo building now.

Good luck to all.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:23 AM

Got this invite for King George Hub today.

"We are excited to have you join us this Saturday, October 21st for previews as we open the doors to our valued registrants to come view our 1 and 2 bedroom Show Homes.

Preview Start Date: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12pm - 5pm

Arriving Here: We encourage all our visitors to take the Expo Line and arrive at King George Station, where our Show Homes are just steps away in the Coast Capital Savings Building. Limited visitor parking and paid parking is located off Fraser Hwy or Whalley Blvd.

During this time, you will be able to talk to a member of our sales team and learn all about the most anticipated mixed-use community in Metro Vancouver: 434 homes in a transit-oriented neighborhood, surrounded by parks, shops, and every day essentials.

You will also have the opportunity to fill out a Suite Request Form. Request forms will be reviewed, and our team will be contacting purchasers through the week to book appointments for contract writing on October 28 & 29. Please download our Advanced Kit for sales procedures, starting prices, floorplans and features. "

If you like busy lobby, offices and commercial right below you, and connect to KG skytrain with more strangers, and you don't mind to pay more for these "features", you better get in line now :-) For me, I pass. I want a quiet lobby with no strangers and a security guard. A home is where I can relax and feel safe :-))

Last edited by e-clam9; Oct 19, 2017 at 2:05 AM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:45 AM

City Hall is giving up some parking to Civic 3

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:58 AM

I think the Hub is going to sell well

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
I decided not to buy condo at 3 Civic Plaza Tower. The lobby will be so busy all the time with hotel guests, office employees, and residents... People from Skytrain stations can freely come in. And the major events outside the city hall, plus any possible protests there. Last week, they close the area and roads for movie !? It is too much activities and too much noise for my quiet life after busy work.

I am looking at other "normal" condo building now.

Good luck to all.
Haha.. I just bought a 2 bed / 2 bath L plan unit there - It is corner unit with 920 sq, and there will be 180 degree view from west , north , and some of east. I know that lobby will be busy , but that also makes it more premium and luxury. How many buildings you know in metro Vancouver that has hotel/residence combined ? There isn't that many , Shangri-La and Trump comes into mind, and those buildings are very expansive to buy. Now i am not expecting 3 civic to be at those prices , but hoping that it will be able to "lead" the condo prices in Surrey Central - Even without the hotel factor the condo already has high end features , such as 4 elevators and AC.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 4:09 AM

Did they give an idea when you can move in?
I bought a unit quite a while ago and still don't have much info.
We were told- completion date between December and February

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley