HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 1:38 AM

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:34 AM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

That's an awful lot of poured foundations ... Have they gotten to work on the first block of rowhomes?

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 3:00 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

So great to see the progress. Looks like we're looking west from the south side of Alfred in that first pic, and then still on Alfred but looking north on the swecond pic. And it looks like we're seeing the first block of flats in the background in the first pic along with the foundations for the townhomes. I'm really interested to see how the duplettes and carriage houses are going to turn out. I'm still a bit unclear of exactly what each housing type is in the development apart from the flats and townhomes. Like, do the duplettes have seperate entrances or a shared one?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 12:14 AM

November 7th via the Brush Park Preservation Society.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Brush-Pa...25371670812180

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I can not say enough good things about City Modern. It's hands down my favorite development. My hope is that this can be replicated in other neighborhoods, and by that I mean the mix of housing, not the price points. lol There is reason low-income and affordable housing can't be built with a range of different building types.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:32 PM

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 3:04 AM

These were posted by Detroitsky over on the Detroit compilation page as part of a larger development update i'll just re-post the ones of City Modern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSky View Post
Some updates from the past few months. I have a few to put in the Metro Detroit thread as well.

Enjoy:

The following are City Modern photos from yesterday, 2/27:

124 Alfred Street

Some carriage houses with townhouses being built behind. A corner of one of the townhouses can be seen at left.

440 Alfred Street

3 renovations on Alfred Street seen from Brush
http://www.flickr.com/photos/detcypherurbex/

— President Trump

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 9:09 PM

June update via Curbed Detroit. The senior apartments are expected to start leasing this month and 74 of the 104 condo units have been sold with residents expected to move in by July. Much of what is left to build are the apartment buildings on the corners which make up a little over 300 rental units. The current market-rate apartment building under construction (last pic) will be complete next summer with expected prices around $2.30 per square foot.

https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/6/13...move-in-summer

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:28 PM

I was recently at the site and the transformation is incredible. It's hard to believe only a few years ago I was picking up trash around these old houses and trying to tend the overgrown lawns.

That being said, while I am glad that Brush Park is finally getting the love it deserves, the renovations (which is what they are) of the remaining houses are very disappointing to me. I've worked with an architect to have every one of these houses rendered in its most accurate historical state so we have all the documentation. That being said, City Modern is not interested in restoring these homes to their original conditions which is simply a real shame because this is the opportunity to do it.

I had this same problem with Nicole Curtis of HGTV on the Ransom Gillis house. Their renovation was better than City Modern but still it wasn't a restoration. Nicole Curtis gave me the cold shoulder in the same way City Modern does with regards to historic restorations of these houses. Their really only interested in money.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development