HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 4:54 PM
Kneel before Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotaname View Post
I believe the beginning of the end of New Brunswick started when we lost out on energy east pipeline. The province and my home city of SJ are dying and the feds and provincial gvts don't care. It started with McKenna the bastard had it in for SJ and when St Lawrence opened that drew the dagger.

Nova Scotia won't take us and we would be dirt poorer in USA. Only option might be believe it or not join Quebec when they separate
I really can't figure out what you're getting at here. The misfortunes of NB begin in the 19th Century, not with McKenna. Does "St. Lawrence" refer to the St. Lawrence Seaway? That happened in the 60s, McKenna was elected in 1987.

I understand that NB has had economic hardship for long enough that people complain about everything and blame everybody, but this is just incoherent.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusio Cogno View Post
Creating New Brunswick was like slicing off northern Manitoba and calling it a province. With poor climate, poor soils, and not much resources but fish and trees the opportunities aren't great to support a large population. However a small population could be quite well off, if resources were fairly shared with workers.
I think a lot could be done by focusing on industries that don't rely on the resources we lack. IT, for instance, and manufacturing - though the latter is a tricky one with most of that being outsourced overseas these days. And the province could be doing a lot more to establish itself as a shipping hub; the work being done at the Port of Saint John is a step in the right direction there. Of course our proximity to Halifax does raise some competitive hurdles considering how much better-equipped its port is at this point...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 12:44 PM

Cash-strapped PCs selling party headquarters in Fredericton

Quote:
The party is looking to unload the property as it gears up for an election campaign in which it will be allowed to spend up to $1.1 million, money the party doesn't have at the moment.

Tory documents filed with Elections New Brunswick show the party had just $20,260 in cash on hand as of June 30, 2017.

That compares to the $2,018,278 that the governing Liberals had at the same time, almost 100 times more than the PCs.

Liberal filings also indicate their party had no debt.

The PCs, meanwhile, owed $346,626 midway through 2017, including $233,060 from a 2013 loan that relied on the Regent Street office as collateral.
So you can own the HQ for around half a million dollars.

Still, it is on Regent street, and downtown. Getting in and out of the driveway can be a PITA. And who knows how much work it will need inside? Make sure you get a building inspection done.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 11:42 PM

sorry I was sick and not mentally healthy at the time and it affected my post. I will respond when I am doing better

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 11:51 PM

I don't even know why they're multiple parties in New Brunswick? they are all fringe partys from whom ive chatted with in real life

Last edited by ivegotaname; Jan 22, 2018 at 3:30 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces