HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 10:36 PM
Registered Sex Offender

A post on the B-Engaged Blog talks about the longstanding cooperation between the B Street Theater and Randy Paragary. I think it's basically an advertisement for Paragary restaurants. However, one section jumped out at me:
Quote:
After the Sofia opens in February, Paragary’s will begin construction on a new hotel right next door. The Sacramento Staycation could become one of the most delightful experiences for residents from Roseville, Grass Valley, Granite Bay… even Midtowners who just want a night of crazy fun. A night of great food, great theatre, and a relaxing bed in a beautiful new hotel. The future is bright for Sacramento.

Source:
https://bstreetbengaged.wordpress.com/
Paragary’s & B Street: A Match Made in Sacramento
DECEMBER 11, 2017
This is the hotel that the advertisement is mentioning:
Quote:
Paragary proposes six-story boutique hotel in midtown

By Mark Anderson – Staff Writer, Sacramento Business Journal
Dec 2, 2015, 7:16am
Restaurateur Randy Paragary is reviving plans to build a boutique hotel in midtown Sacramento — and this time, he's going all out.

He’s proposing a six-story, 107-room hotel within a block of the Sutter Medical Center. The $20 million building would be built on the site of the current Cafe Bernardo building at 28th and Capitol Avenue.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...que-hotel.html
Here's sketch from the Vrilakas Groen Architects website:

I've been wondering about this project. Could it actually happen? Let's hope.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:46 PM
Top Retributor

^^^ "Could it actually happen? Let's hope." Haha when was the last time you set foot in Midtown Sacramento?

I will say the the bit about "Staycation" is silly though I can see partying residents from the suburbs wanting to stay overnight I can't imagine Midtowners wanting to "vacation" in Midtown. It will also cater to people visiting family and friends at Sutter Hospital across the street.

Last edited by ozone; Dec 13, 2017 at 10:06 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 9:45 PM
Registered Sex Offender

It's an advertisement!!! I'm more interested in whether the ad is a sign that this project has legs or not.

What does me stepping foot in mid-town have to do with anything? The future looks bright, but there are lots of proposals, even in good times, that don't pan out.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
It's an advertisement!!! I'm more interested in whether the ad is a sign that this project has legs or not.

What does me stepping foot in mid-town have to do with anything? The future looks bright, but there are lots of proposals, even in good times, that don't pan out.

I really hope this happens, it will improve the huge imbalance that the giant parking garage next door created and will add needed hotel rooms near east sac/the freeway, and the medical center.

Personally it would bring Sacramento up to three hotels that I will let my family stay at lol.. the Citizen, the Sawyer and this new one.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area