HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 4:26 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

Hey, does anyone have any good aerial views of the current progress in East Austin? I have to live vicariously through all of you guys and wait for Google Earth's once per year (give or take) update of the satellite photos. Thanks!

I hope to be in Austin sometime in the spring so I look forward to seeing it all in person.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 12:30 AM

Proposed MF building with HEB at ground level, 7th and East Pleasant Valley. See pg 13.

https://issuu.com/stgdesignarchitect...n_-_mixed-use_

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 1:30 AM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Proposed MF building with HEB at ground level, 7th and East Pleasant Valley. See pg 13.

Thats great! Hope it gets built!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 2:53 AM
Love Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post

This is beyond epic! This HEB has been sad and tired for as long as I can remember. May it be reborn and the surface parking lot that drapes along it die a quick death.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 3:38 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

So, it's not clear to me if it's only replacing the HEB and parking lot or if it includes the strip mall with the Family Dollar in it as well...can someone clarify?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
This is beyond epic! This HEB has been sad and tired for as long as I can remember. May it be reborn and the surface parking lot that drapes along it die a quick death.
hopefully this knocks something loose in Austin's collectively thick skull and ushers in a wave of similarly urbanized grocery stores more fitting of a city our size. the Hancock, Allandale, S Congress, and Riverside HEBs all appear to be ideal locations for similar treatment.

i had high hopes for the central Austin shopping center where 99 Ranch is going in with the original rumors of ground floor HEB with MF residential above. ultimately I believe that was shot down by the landowner (UT) not being interested in a long-term lease.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:59 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

My aunt mentioned this is definitely what they had been talking about for the Oltorf HEB when they bought the land on the NE corner of that intersection. She hasn't heard anything since. I'll keep bugging her.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
My aunt mentioned this is definitely what they had been talking about for the Oltorf HEB when they bought the land on the NE corner of that intersection. She hasn't heard anything since. I'll keep bugging her.
I wonder when they plan on starting that. The Oltorf HEB is constantly packed. Sometimes I'll go there and there won't be a single parking spot ANYWHERE in the whole parking lot. I just have to keep driving until someone leaves and I'm lucky enough to be there first. A bigger, nicer HEB with a parking deck, apartments, etc. would be awesome.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
hopefully this knocks something loose in Austin's collectively thick skull and ushers in a wave of similarly urbanized grocery stores more fitting of a city our size. the Hancock, Allandale, S Congress, and Riverside HEBs all appear to be ideal locations for similar treatment.

i had high hopes for the central Austin shopping center where 99 Ranch is going in with the original rumors of ground floor HEB with MF residential above. ultimately I believe that was shot down by the landowner (UT) not being interested in a long-term lease.
What's 99 Ranch?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:48 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
What's 99 Ranch?
I think it's this: https://communityimpact.com/local-ne...lvd-years-end/

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 9:05 PM
Love Austin

Lots of new cranes (mostly crawlers) on the Saltillo site. Also, a rather large (for eastside standards) red crane for the 125' office portion is up! Looks good! Ready to see this long vacant land turn into homes and businesses.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin