HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 9:50 AM

Hopefully they will fix the merge issues heading east on 15 in the spring when they work on the 15/132 exit. I KNOW 2 PEOPLE IN THE LAST WEEK, Who I work with that were coming home to PEI, And they headed north on 11. Hopefully the lighting issue`will also improve.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 12:53 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New NBLC on Main Street in Shediac

Photo courtesy of Retail Talk & Share.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 12:29 PM

They are adding a third overhead sign to direct people heading East, I'm not sure what the difficulty is, there are several other locations in the province that have the same type of highway split. I too know several people (including my sister) that have made the same mistake and headed North, maybe it is just habit and aren't looking to exit, but I'm not sure more signage is going to help, it will just take time I guess.
The traffic circle is also a mess, so far I haven't seen a single person use a turn signal when exiting the traffic circle, I have seen people get on going the wrong direction and most people stop even when there are no other cars on the circle. But by far the biggest problem so far has been removing the snow from the circle, they haven't figured out how to do it yet. I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough room for trucks to go around but I have seen several make it around the circle with no issues, they keep the cab of the truck tight to the outside of the circle and the trailer wheels ride up on the center section as designed, I was quite surprised to be honest at how easy they were able to get around.
All in all, I think the design of the road is good, it will just take time for people to get used to it. It is saving me 10 minutes getting to work in the morning which is great, no more long lines coming out of Shediac trying to merge onto highway 11 to get onto the highway 15 ramp, which was the whole point of this part of the project.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:13 PM
Roadgeek

Looking for some info on route number designations and exit numbers for the TravelMapping project.
Any enlightment is appreciated.

11:
New western alignment, new Exit 1, new terminus at Route 15. Piece of cake.

15:
How is the new left exit for Route 11 signed? What's the exit number?
Is the existing cloverleaf at Route 132 / Old Route 15 still 31A/B? After it's converted to a diamond in the future, I assume it'll simply be 31. Maybe...

132:
Is the north end still at the Route 15 cloverleaf?
OSM & Google show it continuing north to the roundabout.

133:
The image MonctonRad posted in Reply #383 suggests Route 133 gets straightened out, to travel west to the new Exit 1. Is this the case?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces