HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 12:42 PM

TD Bank

With respect of the Easyline (TD Bank) Contact Center expansion in Moncton, I heard from a reliable source that TD Bank is scouting office space in the building left standing from the Highfield Square demolition.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 1:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
With respect of the Easyline (TD Bank) Contact Center expansion in Moncton, I heard from a reliable source that TD Bank is scouting office space in the building left standing from the Highfield Square demolition.
I'm a little confused. Do you mean the old telegraph building (surely not - that's the old brick building just south of Weldon next to the events centre), or do you mean 1222 Main (the yet-to-be-renovated Terminal Plaza office building next to 1234 Main).

1222 Main would be excellent. This would give impetus to the renovation of this building by Crombie REIT, and help to create a banking cluster in this plaza (BDIC and Tangerine Bank are both located in 1234 Main).

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I'm a little confused. Do you mean the old telegraph building (surely not - that's the old brick building just south of Weldon next to the events centre), or do you mean 1222 Main (the yet-to-be-renovated Terminal Plaza office building next to 1234 Main).

1222 Main would be excellent. This would give impetus to the renovation of this building by Crombie REIT, and help to create a banking cluster in this plaza (BDIC and Tangerine Bank are both located in 1234 Main).
That is the thing. The source referred to a brick building located behind or nearby the Event Center which makes no sense to me, therefore it might as well be the 1222 Main.

One thing seems clear, they are looking at this particular area.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 2:34 PM

The lot in front of the brick building is open for development.. it would be nice if thy started in the brick building and built onto the front of it to fill that space... its an akward space. Though it would be nice to see the other CN building renovated as well.

I believe that brick building is an allstream server co-lo center as you can see server racks through the windows and there are allstream trucks parked there sometimes. Ugly building but its probably not going anywhere.

It would be nice to see weldon extended to meet the new highfield there but i doubt that will happen. weldon is a great direct street to mountain rd.

Quote:
That is the thing. The source referred to a brick building located behind or nearby the Event Center which makes no sense to me, therefore it might as well be the 1222 Main.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 3:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
It would be nice to see weldon extended to meet the new highfield there but i doubt that will happen. weldon is a great direct street to mountain rd.
That's a dream of mine as well.

The city is all for re-establishing a street grid south of Main Street. This is part of that vision as far as I'm concerned. An extended Weldon would improve access to the back-of-house portion of the events centre, and could create opportunities for additional street front retail/commercial in behind the terminal plaza complex, perhaps as part of a new podium incorporating 1222 Main. I could see a parking garage going in along here as well.....

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 3:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Happy New Year everyone.

The forum has been very quiet for the last week, but this is standard practice for the holiday season. I expect thinks to pick up again by mid January.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Happy New Year everyone.

The forum has been very quiet for the last week, but this is standard practice for the holiday season. I expect thinks to pick up again by mid January.
Happy New Year!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 7:28 PM

Quote:

There is an old brick building back there. It used to be occupied by Allstream. The official address is 1210 Main St. It's the closest to the Event Center and also was right beside (and possibly attached to if I remember correct) the old highfield square building.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 9:46 PM

CN used to call that building the Telegraph building. My mother is a retired CN employee and she told me a number of times that many important 2nd World war telegrams originated from this building that greatly assisted the allied effort. That being said, I would think TD is looking for something a bit more modern than this building.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 1:34 AM

TD is looking for well over 400 people and they prefer to have them under one roof.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 3:52 AM

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbilly View Post
lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
"the town of moncton in new brunswick is full of amenities for retirees."

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
Well wrong Moncton I gather since I live in a City named Moncton, and not the town of Moncton.

Most of these listers will only write Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, and also Vancouver as cities. It tends to become anoying especially since we've been within City status for a long time.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 12:43 AM

Amazon

When working in Halifax for a few days in November, I heard that the city had entered a competition to become the new home of Amazon's newest office and that Halifax had made the short list.
This is definitely something Moncton should have put their effort into getting. Has anyone heard if we even submitted an entry?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 3:57 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleton_Roadie View Post
When working in Halifax for a few days in November, I heard that the city had entered a competition to become the new home of Amazon's newest office and that Halifax had made the short list.
This is definitely something Moncton should have put their effort into getting. Has anyone heard if we even submitted an entry?
Their #1 requirement was cities with metro population over 1 million so no Halifax is not on any short list and Moncton is nowhere near their radar...would be nice but they are looking to have like 50,000 employees at this site, not feasible for many places in Canada outside the big 3.
(POPCTR)-108,620--(1st)
(CSD)------71,889---(1st)----------*Be Magically Transported to Downtown Moncton in Autumn*

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

Moncton struggles to staff even medium-sized call centres. The development community pegs manpower issues in their top 2 or 3 challenges.
An Amazon bid is not realistic for us, sad to say.
I have a hard time believing Halifax too can even come close to supporting an Amazon centre.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 11:56 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I have a hard time believing Halifax too can even come close to supporting an Amazon centre.
Invite some unemployed RV'ers.

http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/camperforce/

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
That is amazing. I never knew such a thing existed. Just wow. It's a prime example of the changing nature of work in this day and age and of how some companies are being imaginative in their quest for manpower.
Thanks for posting that!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 11:55 PM

History of Kingswood Park

Hi Everyone ,

Long time lurker here. I recently bought a house in Kingswood Park and would love to get my hands on the original plans of the house. I’ve read that the city might have them on file (exploring that avenue). I’ve also read that the original developer might have the plans. So, does anyone know who developed Kingswood? Thanks for any info you might have. Also, sorry if this isn’t the right forum for this question but I can’t find any historical info online about the subdivision.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:39 PM

Not sure if there is a sports thread already out there for this so my apology if there is one but, has anyone heard anymore about Monctons position on the CPL (Canadian Premiere League) has there been any movements on this? possible investors?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces