HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuilder View Post
Well more cladding and windows are in place. Others can judge for themselves but I most certainly am not seeing any brick- faux or otherwise- just gray metal panels.
Did the renderings of this tower ever depict brick? Not to my recollection. Isn't the cladding going up now consistent with what's depicted in the renderings?

Here's a high resolution version to see more detail (click the zoom button):

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor...rket_FINAL.JPG

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 6:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Did the renderings of this tower ever depict brick? Not to my recollection. Isn't the cladding going up now consistent with what's depicted in the renderings?

Here's a high resolution version to see more detail (click the zoom button):

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor...rket_FINAL.JPG
it is, I went back and looked at CDR doc from last fall. I believe one of the early versions suggested bricks to complement PSFS however.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 8:33 PM

Can Billboards Be Placemakers?

https://www.planning.org/events/nati...ivity/9140654/

*Mappy is not associated with this APA conference session, and this is not an endorsement

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 10:29 PM

With 2 new leases signed, East Market to become dining destination

Quote:
A Washington, D.C., taco chain and Philadelphia-born ice creamery will come to the East Market project in Center City, a development simmering into a food and drink destination in what has long been a struggling stretch of Market Street.

The East Market project, which encompasses the full city block from Market to Chestnut and 11th and 12 streets, has slowly amassed an impressive roster of tenants:

Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant signed a lease for 8,500 square feet of space; Wawa will open in 6,196 square feet of space; City Fitness took 26,916 square feet; Mom's Organic last year opened a 14,000-square-foot store.

Two more eateries are on their way this summer: Washington, D.C., chain District Taco and Little Baby's Ice Cream – based in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia — which will launch a new product at East Market.

FROM THE HILL
District Taco has signed a lease to open in 2,965 square feet of space at the East Market development, according to National Real Estate Development.

The first Philadelphia-area District Taco opened at the King of Prussia Town Center in November last year.

Founder Osiris Hoil, who came to the United States in 2000 when he was 17 years old, has slowly grown District Taco as a brick-and-mortar chain after retiring the food trucks years ago.

There are plans to open multiple locations in the Philadelphia region this year.

"We feel in Philly we can grow aggressively like how we're doing in D.C.," Hoil told the Philadelphia Business Journal in an earlier interview.

"If we can make Philadelphia successful, then we can jump to New Jersey, North Carolina, Boston and New York," Hoil said. "There are more opportunities. Philly’s fun, but it has a rich history. I feel like my story is the same story as Rocky Balboa."

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM
Little Baby's Ice Cream has signed a lease to open in 456 square feet of space on the ground floor of the East Market project at the corner of 12th and Ludlow streets.

Little Baby's, which began in 2011 as a custom-built tricycle, has been working on the East Market location for over two years, cofounder Pete Angevine told the Philadelphia Business Journal on Thursday.

"We want to be the premier artisanal ice cream company in Philadelphia," Angevine said. "This will help establish and cement us as a local favorite."

Little Baby's is working with Boxwood Architects, but it will have "the same Pee-wee's Playhouse-meets-Memphis-Group" look and feel that its other Philadelphia locations have.

New for Little Baby's, however, will be soft serve ice cream; the East Market location will have a space alotted for a soft serve machine.

"It’ll be the only super-premium, grass-fed high-quality soft serve ice cream in Philadelphia," Angevine said.
More: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...iron-hill.html

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 1:12 PM
BANNED

^good to see more leases signed but I still haven't seen anything (aside from the first CC Iron Hill location) that is really that exciting. Granted, anything is better than what was there before.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 4:16 PM

^ Frankly, I don't really care. This project doesn't have to be a destination to be successful. It just needs to be decent enough to spur more development and make a good impression on conventioneers and tourists. With the exception of Little Baby's, the stores and restaurants that are signing leases are national or regional chains with locations that can be found elsewhere in the area and doesn't really interest me (except Moms - I go there weekly).

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
^ Frankly, I don't really care. This project doesn't have to be a destination to be successful. It just needs to be decent enough to spur more development and make a good impression on conventioneers and tourists. With the exception of Little Baby's, the stores and restaurants that are signing leases are national or regional chains with locations that can be found elsewhere in the area and doesn't really interest me (except Moms - I go there weekly).
Also, this development needs to service its residents, which a lot of these stores are well-equipped to do: a gym, grocery store, WAWA, standard casual pub fare, etc... The "Fashion District" across the street is trying for more of the destination vibe. But there are still lots of spots left in the East Market development, so we may get some more exciting tenants yet.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 6:30 PM
Mr. Technology

Good to know that two leases have been signed.

Who’s next?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuilder View Post
^good to see more leases signed but I still haven't seen anything (aside from the first CC Iron Hill location) that is really that exciting. Granted, anything is better than what was there before.
TJ Maxx/Home Goods is pretty cool as well. Would like to see additional retailers in this vein take up shop for us residents.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 4:37 PM

Quote:
"District Taco has signed a lease to open in 2,965 square feet of space at the East Market development, according to National Real Estate Development."
This is the best news I've ever read on this website. District Taco is SO good.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 1:16 PM

Not sure I saw this tenant announced? But looks like the build-out for an AT&T Store has started in the main storefront right at the corner of 11/Market. Not someone exciting, but glad to finally see some finishing touches on this project!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
This is the best news I've ever read on this website. District Taco is SO good.
As I've gotten older I'm not a fan of tex-mex tacos (cheese, sour cream, ground beef). The more authentic taco with cilantro and onions and meat, where the meat is the star? Yes please. I had District Taco at the KOP Town Center the other day and the meats .

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 7:00 AM

Just noticed the construction elevator for The Ludlow is down. Scrolling back on the construction camera, it was dismantled on 12/30.
So now they can close up the south end. Another sign they are coming to completion!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Just noticed the construction elevator for The Ludlow is down. Scrolling back on the construction camera, it was dismantled on 12/30.
So now they can close up the south end. Another sign they are coming to completion!

a lot of roof activity this morning . Looks like they are sealing this bad boy up .

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 1:31 PM
BANNED

What are they building on the roof of the pedestal on the second tower? Some really large components have been hoisted up there lately.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 11:22 PM
Fishtown & Country

Friday, 1-19

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 11:30 PM

[/QUOTE]

I love this last photo. The beveling is really good and accents the exoskeleton. Very cool dark color as well. Kind of like CTC silver beveling.I personally like the 2nd tower better than the 1st.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
I love this last photo. The beveling is really good and accents the exoskeleton. Very cool dark color as well. Kind of like CTC silver beveling.I personally like the 2nd tower better than the 1st.[/QUOTE]

yup .

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 4:57 AM
PhillyPholly

Thanks Blart. Definitely like the beveling. I notice the corner screens are being mounted more flush than the other tower.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 5:14 AM

I also like that photo. To me, it shows different stages of a skyscraper's construction, with part of it with windows in place, and others without any walls placed in.

On a side note, I'm actually liking the big screen on the finished building. It kinda reminds me of Times Square a little bit. Not that I want to compare Market to Broadway.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction