HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Some of the debates on this forum, I swear to god. A pissing match over who has the worst traffic? Who cares?
I agree that this one-upmanship over who has the worst traffic gets a bit pedantic; my suggestion would be to see which city within Vanc' size range handles it best and learn from that.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:48 PM
Dahvie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Some of the debates on this forum, I swear to god. A pissing match over who has the worst traffic? Who cares?
It's ok to have a 3 page whine fest about the color of spandrel used on a tower though seriously you came in this thread just to post that? Keep it moving if you don't like it

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 6:14 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by libtard View Post
It's ok to have a 3 page whine fest about the color of spandrel used on a tower though seriously you came in this thread just to post that? Keep it moving if you don't like it
I generally tend to keep moving whenever I see posts from a user named "libtard" Surprised that one is even allowed, considering how unbelievably offensive it is.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 6:32 PM

The Metro Vancouver Road System

Excuse me, but might I ask that we try & stay on topic; in this case the Metro Vancouver road system. This personal sniping is distasteful. Thank you for understanding.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
Stingray2004 of all people, the guy who was consistently wrong about everything until he had a meltdown post-provincial election and got banned?
Damn, sorry I missed that.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 4:01 AM

Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 4:29 AM
See ya down under, mates

Link is broken, and please include a description of what you're linking to (for the fifth or so time).

Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Link is broken, and please include a description of what you're linking to (for the fifth or so time).
The main page in case direct linking doesn't work. Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan
Quote:
The Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan will improve access throughout Delta for vehicles, transit, pedestrians, and cyclists by addressing the aging roads, sidewalks, and cycling facilities currently in place.
Under "Proposed Future Projects Under Design" there's a link for "72 Avenue Four Laning (BNSF Overpass to 120 Street)"

Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 7:31 AM

Quote:
https://www.peacearchnews.com/news/d...g-72nd-avenue/
Scroll down to the bottom of the article and hit the link. 72nd avenue 4 laning from Westview to Scott Road.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
https://www.peacearchnews.com/news/d...g-72nd-avenue/
Scroll down to the bottom of the article and hit the link. 72nd avenue 4 laning from Westview to Scott Road.
better late than never I guess. It's crazy why they kept the parking lanes on 72 for so damn long.

direct link to pdf
http://delta.ca/docs/default-source/...n.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 3:10 AM

I looked at google maps and the drawings linked and what I noticed was that Delta plans on removing the bus priority from the north side of 72nd. We should be adding more bus priority across the region to help move more people. This project appears to do the opposite.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayal View Post
I looked at google maps and the drawings linked and what I noticed was that Delta plans on removing the bus priority from the north side of 72nd. We should be adding more bus priority across the region to help move more people. This project appears to do the opposite.
There isn't enough buses running on that stretch of 72nd to justify having the bus lane. 312 runs every 20min while the 316 and 391 run only every 30 min during the am peak.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 5:10 AM

What is going on in here? A traffic project that actually makes sense?

I have always been wondering why 72nd Avenue has parking and assumed it was added in by removing lanes. I am really happy to see this project taking place. So many other places to do the same in this city... So many...

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 4:51 AM

With no mention of the Highway 1 Langley to Abby widening in the budget today i'm kind of glad and disappointed and not surprised. Disappointed and not surprised because we all know you can't really trust another person. Especially politicians. Glad because we all know it would've been just a band-aid fix on that highway with just one extra lane.
Just like with the Pattullo that would've wasted the precious funds and not really get a good return on investment. That highway improvement project should've been 8 lanes with 6 general purpose lanes and 2 HOV lanes to match with the rest of highway 1.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 5:03 AM

How is The Pattullo a waste of funds?

What is being built is still a good project, seeing how the missing parts can still be added in the future (if it was built without the ability to accommodate 6 lanes in the future, then that would be a big mistake worthy of strong criticism)

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
How is The Pattullo a waste of funds?

What is being built is still a good project, seeing how the missing parts can still be added in the future (if it was built without the ability to accommodate 6 lanes in the future, then that would be a big mistake worthy of strong criticism)
waste of funds to build what we already have today. it should be built like the AFB was built back in 1985. built WITH 6 lanes, with a jersey barrier removing 2 of them. it only required removing them to make it 6 lanes. the current Pattullo Bridge requires construction and cantilevering. that means, it will never happen because it will cost probably ~100 million or more plus cause traffic disruptions.

i would rather them do nothing until someone with a pair of balls comes in and says "you are retarded New West, it will be 6 lanes with add/drop lanes".

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
waste of funds to build what we already have today. it should be built like the AFB was built back in 1985. built WITH 6 lanes, with a jersey barrier removing 2 of them. it only required removing them to make it 6 lanes. the current Pattullo Bridge requires construction and cantilevering. that means, it will never happen because it will cost probably ~100 million or more plus cause traffic disruptions.

i would rather them do nothing until someone with a pair of balls comes in and says "you are retarded New West, it will be 6 lanes with add/drop lanes".
I am not against you guys, but I know the political climate of where we live, this is as good as we will get on this project. Remember other options included a replacement 2 lane bridge, no bridge at all, and 4 lane with no option to expand.

Personally I feel 2 lanes north will be fine given the approaches but a 5th lane really should be added southbound (for why I have explained several times before).

That said it is not as bad as many on here are making it out to be. The New West side is still getting the full re-design for the approach and there is still a direct ramp to SFPR west on the the south side. These were the most important improvements IMO and I am happy to see they were not removed.

And in all honesty having driven it many times the Patullo as it is now acts more like a 2 lane bridge in capacity than 4, so saying this won’t be an improvement is a hyperbole that doesn’t help our argument.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 6:20 AM

Quote:
I'd pay to see someone do that.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I am not against you guys, but I know the political climate of where we live, this is as good as we will get on this project. Remember other options included a replacement 2 lane bridge, no bridge at all, and 4 lane with no option to expand.

Personally I feel 2 lanes north will be fine given the approaches but a 5th lane really should be added southbound (for why I have explained several times before).

That said it is not as bad as many on here are making it out to be. The New West side is still getting the full re-design for the approach and there is still a direct ramp to SFPR west on the the south side. These were the most important improvements IMO and I am happy to see they were not removed.

And in all honesty having driven it many times the Patullo as it is now acts more like a 2 lane bridge in capacity than 4, so saying this won’t be an improvement is a hyperbole that doesn’t help our argument.
yup, the bridge sucks. that's for sure. but don't kid yourself thinking this will be a 6 lane bridge. more then likely it will remain 4. it will be like 72nd Ave/91 traffic light. over 30 years later we got less then what it was originally planed to be in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
I'd pay to see someone do that.
vote for me for Premier!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
yup, the bridge sucks. that's for sure. but don't kid yourself thinking this will be a 6 lane bridge. more then likely it will remain 4. it will be like 72nd Ave/91 traffic light. over 30 years later we got less then what it was originally planed to be in 1982.

vote for me for Premier!
100% agree. It will be built as a 4 lane bridge with the possibility of more lanes but it will never be increased to become a 6 lane bridge. I'll eat one of my socks if that happens (I won't actually do this).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure