HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 9:52 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Ya, I agree. It's not super hideous, but not sexy either. Maybe they just haven't seen the work by the firm I'm with.
It’s Cowboy properties... what do you expect? They are responsible for many poor quality stucco apartment buildings around Salt Lake... 151 is by far the most ambitious and best looking thing they’ve ever perposed. I’m honestly not even convinced that they will be able to make it happen.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
It’s Cowboy properties... what do you expect? They are responsible for many poor quality stucco apartment buildings around Salt Lake... 151 is by far the most ambitious and best looking thing they’ve ever perposed. I’m honestly not even convinced that they will be able to make it happen.
The best looking building Cowboy Properties has proposed is Liberty Uptown. I hope that one looks as good as the renderings.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
The best looking building Cowboy Properties has proposed is Liberty Uptown. I hope that one looks as good as the renderings.
Speaking of that, when is the pipeline project supposed to break ground?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 5:11 AM
They all float down here

At this point, with the lack of any legitimate high-rise development in this city, I'll take it. We're getting to the point where, as a city, we'll have to pick and choose our battles.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 6:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
This confuses me even more about the cost. The idea that part of the parking structure would be leased out as additional source of revenue seems not to be the case from Issac's article and neither does the ground floor retail. Are the rents really going to average $3,000+?
The current trend is to have a few very high-end units (in 4th West there are $4,000 and up units and the two-story units at Paragon Station are like $7,000). Because most of the units will be one bedrooms I bet most units will run between $1,500 to $2,000.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 7:38 AM

Another article and KUTV video report

High-rise, luxury apartment building could bring 300 new spaces to downtown Salt Lake

http://kutv.com/news/local/high-rise...town-salt-lake

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
Cowboy Properties may not be ambitious, but they are one of the few developers in Salt Lake who at least has a track record of consistently getting things done.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that they could improve their design parameters. They're getting slowly better.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Another article and KUTV video report

High-rise, luxury apartment building could bring 300 new spaces to downtown Salt Lake

http://kutv.com/news/local/high-rise...town-salt-lake
LOL. Why is the word "luxury" thrown around so casually?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Cowboy Properties may not be ambitious, but they are one of the few developers in Salt Lake who at least has a track record of consistently getting things done.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that they could improve their design parameters. They're getting slowly better.
Well, at least with this project the rendering is pretty straight forward. Unlike their so called "luxury Liberty Crest", which had a very impressionist rendering that looked luxurious, but ultimately looked anything but from the outside when completed. Liberty Crest leads me to wonder if Cowboy just has a serious lack of design sophistication or they're formula is to cut corners no matter what! Anyway, IMO this design is acceptable as long as they don't decide to cut back on the roof and square it off. It will make a decent statement that is sorely needed more of on State St. It's a fairly typical design that is being repeated throughout North America these days. Also a very common type of design here in L.A. for apartment towers.

Hopefully, having partners in this endeavor will elevate the project over the typical Cowboy project.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 8:53 PM

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46261736&ni...demy-expansion

This is the kind of crap that drives up costs for developers or in this case, non profits. Most people I think can support the concept of wanting to preserve historic buildings, but so often common sense is missing from these administrative actions. This may seem like a small inconvenience, but if you are a developer paying interest on a construction loan or a non profit pay interest on that land, this stuff can kill your profit margin or worse. The funny thing is the issue was apparently broadcast on one of the radio shows on KSL, presumably to put public pressure on the Mayor to get moving on this, but the article doesn't mention that. When bureaucracy is at its best it protects the public interest, but at times like this wastes a lot of time and money and delays the ability of an awesome non profit to expands its ability to help a critical demographic.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:46 AM

I agree. There needs to be a distinction between a true historical building of value, and a house that's literally caving in or an abandoned car wash.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 5:05 AM

So does anyone know what’s going on at 800 South and 300 West? They have a construction fence up have dug a big hole.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 5:02 PM

Fence is up around the DI on 700 S.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
Post some images or links! I’d be really interested to see some work.

Thanks!
Here are a few of our latest highrise projects. The first and fourth one are under construction. The second one is dead, but we are teaming up with Kengo Kuma for a taller tower on that site. The third one is in Construction Documents phase. There are about 10 towers in the Seattle area that we are involved with.

Last edited by Orlando; Feb 17, 2018 at 1:33 AM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 8:57 PM

Really beautiful projects. I assume these are all condos and their rents are far higher than what would be asking in SLC CBD?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 9:25 PM

Thanks Orlando, very nice projects and i hope we can get a few of these one day here in SLC. I see what people meant with the new tower lacking some design. Like delts said, I like the roof line at least of our tower and hope it will be a focal point. Thanks again.

Share your projects more often!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 10:30 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
Really beautiful projects. I assume these are all condos and their rents are far higher than what would be asking in SLC CBD?
All of these are apartment towers except for the second one, which was a boutique hotel near Pike Place Market. The new tower on that site will be a mix of hotel and residences (not sure if apartments or condos). Most of the towers going up are apartments, which have mostly been fueled by the ever increasing Amazon campus.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
All of these are apartment towers except for the second one, which was a boutique hotel near Pike Place Market. The new tower on that site will be a mix of hotel and residences (not sure if apartments or condos). Most of the towers going up are apartments, which have mostly been fueled by the ever increasing Amazon campus.
Nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 2:26 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
LOL. Why is the word "luxury" thrown around so casually?
I don’t know if it should really be considered “getting things done” if it’s just going to need to be torn down in 20 years.

1500 for a 1 bedroom apartment? Eff that. How many people can afford $1500 a month for a one bedroom apartment? No wonder nobody lives downtown. I’m actually heavily thinking about moving out of downtown. It’s way too expensive, The rates are going up way too fast, and there just isn’t a lot downtown that makes it worth it... I don’t even like seeing movies downtown anymore. Now that Century 16 is being renovated, Megaplex 12 is officially the most ghetto first run theater in salt lake valley.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West