HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:35 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yeah parking in the building, even for the rich, is rare in manhattan.

here is a rather well known & newish, but again rare, example --

200 eleventh avenue in chelsea:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/a...out-front.html

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:38 PM

srsly? mang must be nice... cool shots too btw.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:40 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ yeah i live nearby and that sky park apt building is a beauty -- the cars have better views than we do lol.

the really super rich don't care about that kind of amenity tho.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
NY doesn't need parking because most places in the City don't have parking, and it's a transit rich city. It's always been that way. And we're better for it. I don't like those towers with the hideous parking bases. Imagine if this tower had to have it. It's awkward enough with the Nordstroms.
That's true, but people living in these buildings don't take the subway. They're driven in Escalades and S-Class Sedans, though moreso the former since the ride is much better on our pothole-filled streets.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 1:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
That's true, but people living in these buildings don't take the subway. They're driven in Escalades and S-Class Sedans, though moreso the former since the ride is much better on our pothole-filled streets.
Ridiculous.

Enough about parking people. Nobody opens this thread to find out the latest parking trends in the city.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpJPoAF...ording_to_noah

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhrZseyg...y=dan_dallynyc

Kevin Oliver

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 1:19 PM

Folks, is CPT wider or narrower on the 4 sides than 432 PA? To me looks like a tad narrower

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 4:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscrapercitirocks View Post
Folks, is CPT wider or narrower on the 4 sides than 432 PA? To me looks like a tad narrower
It's the angles in which you see it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 5:05 PM

Quote:
It's the angles in which you see it.
do you happen to have any information on how wide the main tower portion of the CPT is?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 3:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscrapercitirocks View Post
do you happen to have any information on how wide the main tower portion of the CPT is?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhvIUSGF...terinatoscano2

Danny Daly

Last edited by NYguy; Apr 19, 2018 at 4:51 AM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 1:04 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 7:20 AM
Architectural Junkie

I lived in this building for two years and sold to a company who came through and guttted the entire apartment over a two + yr period.
Anyway, the parking ramp is SO tight only cars no bigger than my Audi R8 were able to fit properly where you could actually exit the car on one side safely. If I had a guest, I had to have them wait in the lobby to pick them up as both doors would not open together,
My downstairs neighbor had a MB McLaren SLR with the wicked gull wing scissor doors. It was totally impossible to drive it in AND exit the car without opening the door half way and then sliding out on your butt sitting on the garage floor before standing up and closing the door. Which being an automated electric door was damaging to the motor which opened the doors.
As far as an SUV being stored there, IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:09 PM

From a recent visit:
Additional photos will be found on my Flickr

New York City - Midtown Manhattan by steveve, on Flickr

Central Park Tower by steveve, on Flickr

Central Park Tower(s) - 57th Street by steveve, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 3:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post

I was looking at the skyine from Jersey earlier today, and with the naked eye, this one appears to have topped (though slightly) 220 CPS. This photo confirms it's not off.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 3:15 AM
New Yorker for life

The awful shadows...

Shinya Suzuki

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 7:39 AM
Architectural Junkie

Quote:
Most residentials in NY don't get parking. Most places in Manhattan don't have parking.
True dat! I have owned six places in NYC as my own residences and just two have offered parking. One 57 does have a few but only for their most pricey units. The Penthouse had options for a 6 car nearly private mini garage. Added $3 mil onto the purchase price. The spaces were pretty tight width wise with one being a tandem space. Good for hiding your Bugatti.
I was in Sky Garage but that too was a TINY space via elevator to your unit. My Audi R8 squeezed in with just one door opening properly. Only great thing was a reflective metal surround that acted as mirrors to see where you had 4" space before smashing your garage window out. The bldg touted the Sky Garage but it was not a full space parking. A recent buyer to be was measuring the width of his Bentley but no go!
CPT does offer a VERY few spots to PH owners.
Cars & Manhattan do not mix unless you have a min extra $1 - $3 million for the space alone along with monthly garage common charges.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 11:12 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Idea...

Someone might be able to use that first Suzuki shot in a court proceeding to rebut a NIMBY plaintiff's incessant shadow bitching.

Call it "Exhibit A, B, C, D........".

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 4:55 PM
New Yorker for life

^ They should.

The Brotherhood of Supertall skyscrapers...

Joe Josephs

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 9:17 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
This view, the angle from Columbus Circle, demonstrates that 220 and CPT being so close will wind up being a very mutually beneficial relationship for both buildings. I previously felt, from angles skewing east or west, that 220's massing by itself looked excessively thin almost to the point of awkwardness, but CPT looks like the building 220 always needed to lean on. A design gamble that worked out in the end

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 1:37 AM

Steveve pictures are absolutely georgous... but most are vertically compressed which makes the buildings look taller and thinner, more dramatic I guess. When there are people, trees or cars in the picture, it just look funny. I wish it wasn't done; and do these buildings need to look any taller??

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:55 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody Natario View Post
I lived in this building for two years and sold to a company who came through and guttted the entire apartment over a two + yr period.
Anyway, the parking ramp is SO tight only cars no bigger than my Audi R8 were able to fit properly where you could actually exit the car on one side safely. If I had a guest, I had to have them wait in the lobby to pick them up as both doors would not open together,
My downstairs neighbor had a MB McLaren SLR with the wicked gull wing scissor doors. It was totally impossible to drive it in AND exit the car without opening the door half way and then sliding out on your butt sitting on the garage floor before standing up and closing the door. Which being an automated electric door was damaging to the motor which opened the doors.
As far as an SUV being stored there, IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
I've always thought gullwing doors were the most stupid thing possible. What do you do in a rollover? Anyway, a lot of new buildings are going for automated parking systems now anyway.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive