HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, by Prairie Guy.

WTF? Please explain the relevance. Is Saskatoon really just one ball in the sack of Saskatchewan?
My bad....I meant Urban Capital....not Capital Pointe...I can understand your confusion...guess I had been looking at the exciting updates on Capital Pointe and they were on my mind.

As Urban Capital is the supposed same developer for Riverlanding and the Broadway site, I was wondering how sales of Riverlanding might impact Broadway project.

Hope I have clarified and cleared the air....

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 11:59 AM

^^^Hey prairieguy! I got ya now. It makes sense. I was checking out the thread about 4am my time and missed your "pointe". I've also been reading the insert 'wtf' a lot, and threw one in there myself, even though I hate it. I'd do a little edit but it's already been quoted, so there you go. (Although I still kind of like the sack line;>) You can call off the pit bulls, Saskatoon. I'll be good.

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, if there were too many units still for sale in Riverlanding. But I would agree, Alt Centre...if there are only 10-15 units left in a 120 unit project, then I think that speaks well to the demand/market.
Despite your typo i would bet that Capital Pointe, and the Banks, and others, do factor into Urban Capital's decision making (even if just a tiny bit). E.g., they can learn from other's experiences. Location is important and personally I would love a prime unit in 1RL but if I were a Regina resident I would not consider CP (its other troubles notwithstanding). I was a little surprised that Urban Capital chose Broadway and not the Farmers Market for their next project, but it hindsight, I think they they chose wisely, although I would love to see River Landing fill in.

If there are indeed 10-15 units still available in 1RL, I am assuming (hoping) that these are the ones that are a really tough sell (e.g. fishbowl, limited view, etc) and that demand for the prime units has been good. To be honest I think the design of 1RL could have been a bit better, to minimize the "poor" units. But, so far, its simple, clean lines look good next to the gallery.

I think there is demand for downtown/urban living as long as the right product is available.

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 5:52 PM

May 11 2018

Core is underway:

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 4:22 AM

May 15 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ First siding on the condo. It couldn't be much blacker. I think it looks pretty good in person. Hopefully it does not fade over time.

^^^^ Looks like some landscaping fabric going in.

^^^^ From the boathouse.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 6:31 AM

Hunter Douglas is going to make a killing on blind sales in this building

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 5:49 PM

Quote:

^^^^ Looks like some landscaping fabric going in.
It's the drainage membrane being installed as part of the foundation waterproofing system. The facing layer is very much like landscape fabric - it goes over a plastic sheet with "nubs" that provide a drainage channel. There is also filter fabric around the underslab drainage system.

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 5:45 PM

May 18 Pictures:

^^^^ The horizontal gray boom visible at the top of the excavation (by the base of the tower crane) was being used to spread sand/gravel over the drainage fabric. There was a line-up of large trucks feeding the hopper. One of them is visible by the bridge. I expect we'll see the first floor slab poured soon. I'm not sure whats up with that "wall" that is visible just to the left of the near tower crane.

^^^^ This image might be a little deceiving. In fact the ramp is now mostly gone... there is a steep "wall" just to the right of the upper excavator. I think that the remaining equipment in the hole will have to be lifted out. Unfortunately its difficult to get good pictures as there are two fences surrounding the site.

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 1:37 AM

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 2:13 PM

Echooooooooooooooooes!!!!!! (I get you got the springtime feeling!>)

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 2:47 PM

Looking much more urban!>) ...The last few posts also show some excellent drone-flying weather!

Last edited by Ricopedra; May 25, 2018 at 9:14 AM.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 12:45 AM

May 25 Pictures:

^^^^ Glass seems to have been stuck around the 8th floor for a while. But I did see many crates of glazing newly delivered. I wonder if they were waiting for glass. I can see them taping and mudding in the second floor condos. The steel studs are being installed on the 14th floor or so.

They installed a few mullions on the third floor many days ago... then no more. Maybe they are just doing a little testing/practice.

^^^^ The initial floor slab has been poured in the south end of the parkade.

^^^^ The last big excavator appears to be digging its way out of the pit.

^^^^ More insulation going onto the hotel. No sign of any exterior siding yet. When the concrete was first poured the second floor had quite a cantilever over the first floor. To me it looked very good. There could have been expansive glass with no posts in the way. But the (visual) cantilever effect is being totally lost as walls are being installed on the first floor.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 5:41 PM

Informative update! Would you say there's a greenish hue to the condo glass? (And is it double or triple glazed?) I know there are concerns that this may be a bird-killer, but it looks like they won't be too confused...any timeline on reaching ground level for the office block?

I'm getting excited about the thought that maybe halfway through bldg #3 they're going to announce the completion of this project! Cheers, and thanks guys, for the visuals!

Oh, yea, and you can see the first balcony railing is installed on the second floor. It appears that this glass will be clear, clearer than the windows in the renders. This might be the bird problem. Well, at least the bbq will be handy. Doh!

Last edited by Ricopedra; May 26, 2018 at 6:22 PM. Reason: railing

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Informative update! Would you say there's a greenish hue to the condo glass? (And is it double or triple glazed?) I know there are concerns that this may be a bird-killer, but it looks like they won't be too confused...any timeline on reaching ground level for the office block?

I'm getting excited about the thought that maybe halfway through bldg #3 they're going to announce the completion of this project! Cheers, and thanks guys, for the visuals!

Oh, yea, and you can see the first balcony railing is installed on the second floor. It appears that this glass will be clear, clearer than the windows in the renders. This might be the bird problem. Well, at least the bbq will be handy. Doh!
Good eye!!

I didn't notice the railing when I went by there yesterday but I saw it this morning. I came here to post a picture and saw your comment. I think the glass is just double pane, but a while back I was able to see some close up in crates on the ground. I'll try to get a better look at some if/when I can get close up to some again.

As for the glass colour, I'm terrible at that kind of thing. Or course it reflects the sky and looks blue-ish on clear days.. gray-ish on overcast days. Now there are some white or beige interior walls it does look a little greenish to me, at least in the pictures.

As for the final building, I have a feeling it will be a while. It just seems like it would be so easy to at least build the parkade and foundations now while they are doing the first office tower...

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 12:33 AM

May 30 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ Looks like the first exterior mullions going on to the hotel

^^^^ Pictures taken in overcast conditions like today show the details better IMHO.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:35 PM

Large slab poured (just before torrential downpour on Monday). Forms going up for second (parking) floor.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 12:56 AM

June 12 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ They poured the first part of the second parking floor on June 7. The west side footing and wall are now in progress. They are spreading sand and gravel in preparation for another portion of the floor slab. On the left side of the image they are spreading dirt and building up the ground. So the floor there will be at a much higher level than the other side of the wall behind it. It is very difficult to see into the pit but it looks like there might be a small ramp heading down (right below where the worker in the orange vest is standing on the second floor). If it is a ramp, there will be a 90 degree turn to get to the section to the left.

^^^^ The excavator dug a path out of the pit. The side of the excavation looks much steeper in person than in the picture. Some more mullions can be seen going on to the hotel, and they are installing glass on the 9th condo floor. But other than that, not much visible progress on the hotel and condo.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 3:59 PM

Thanks for the pics! They're moving right along and should get even quicker once the bottom's done.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 9:52 PM

Nutrien is going into the omega building that is to be the tallest building in sask! I’m guessing we’ll hear a press release soon

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Nutrien is going into the omega building that is to be the tallest building in sask! I’m guessing we’ll hear a press release soon
Ask and ye shall receive

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...ng-in-parcel-y

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan