HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I met the architect who designed it. He says that they're slightly behind schedule (as per par in Philadelphia). I've seen the finished renderings that weren't posted online, it looks very good.
Did he say when they expect to finish it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I love about this forum? We know people. McGrath apparently knows the SEPTA architect, we have sayitaintso and Amazon, and I know people at Comcast.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Did he say when they expect to finish it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I love about this forum? We know people. McGrath apparently knows the SEPTA architect, we have sayitaintso and Amazon, and I know people at Comcast.
He said that it keeps getting delayed, but the last I heard was early 2019 for the MFL section and late 2020 for the BSL.
Fun fact, the same guy also helped design the FMC tower.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 11:56 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 1:12 PM

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 1:32 PM

Good stuff here. We've seen more and more partnership with UPenn, Spark, CHOP(?) and "Big Pharma" but we haven't seen any of these types of moves by big Pharma to create in essence a satellite location in Philadelphia. Seems pretty small, but hopefully it's a first step.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 7:22 PM

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:52 AM

https://billypenn.com/2018/07/22/vid...erfront-space/
Some awesome things happening at the Cherry St Pier. Will be interesting to see how this area shapes up with the I 95 cap.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
https://billypenn.com/2018/07/22/vid...erfront-space/
Some awesome things happening at the Cherry St Pier. Will be interesting to see how this area shapes up with the I 95 cap.
yeah, I visited the Race street pier for the first time a couple weeks back (awesome views of the Ben Franklin Bridge and PATCO train going by) and could see the work being done across the way. This will be a really interesting space. Those old pier buildings are very cool looking. Looks like pier 3 and 5 are condos; is anything in the two by Washington ave (pier 40 I think)?

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:23 PM
Philly Rising Up!

taken yesterday

Untitled by iheartphilly iheartphilly, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

Water Main Break from July 3rd / Hale Building

The water main break from July 3rd happened right at the intersection of Juniper and Sansom, which is the southern point of the Hale Building. Utility crews ripped up Sansom between 13th and Juniper (where TIME was heavily effected by the waters). There has been a giant pit in the intersection since then which is kinda neat. I hope the Hale building wasn't effected too much, haven't noticed any workers in the morning or evenings.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 8:31 PM

408 Cecil B Moore is up for consideration:
http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...eb_reduced.pdf
Awesome looking project. Of course, I wish it were a bit taller, but any development along Germantown Ave is fine by me.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 3:16 AM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
The answer is yes....it IS as hideous in person as it looks in that shot.

I am amazed at how anyone could have allowed this disaster to happen in any town let alone in Old City Philadelphia.

What a crime.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
The answer is yes....it IS as hideous in person as it looks in that shot.

I am amazed at how anyone could have allowed this disaster to happen in any town let alone in Old City Philadelphia.

What a crime.
I know. Isn't it on the same block as Elfreth's Alley? Who reviews this sh*t? Those colors, the street level blank walls, that crazy random design so common today are just awful.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
I know. Isn't it on the same block as Elfreth's Alley? Who reviews this sh*t? Those colors, the street level blank walls, that crazy random design so common today are just awful.
The building that was there before was bright orange. I don't think this design is going to aesthetically be that big of a deal.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:19 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
The building that was there before was bright orange. I don't think this design is going to aesthetically be that big of a deal.
The replacement will also be the same bright orange for the first floor. Originally they were going to rehab the orange facade, but due to deterioration they decided to do a reproduction instead.

See the picture on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/thenationaloldcity/

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:18 AM

The apartments at 5th & Race:

#philly on bus. #bigbus #philadelphia. #tourism. by Buz Murdock Geotag, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
The replacement will also be the same bright orange for the first floor. Originally they were going to rehab the orange facade, but due to deterioration they decided to do a reproduction instead.

See the picture on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/thenationaloldcity/
If the orange- first floor is very good quality/materials, and the mid-century signage on the front pops out, I'm ok with it. Despite it's super close location to E's Alley.

Actually, this is probably B/P Group's boldest residential project (and their first venture into Philly as far as I know). If this was on the Wilmington Riverfront, it would look really great compared to Justison Landing.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 11:49 PM
Midrise

Looking for a September 2019 opening of Fashion District Philadelphia now.

City Winery music and dining venue coming to former Gallery mall, now to reopen in Sept. 2019 | Philly.com

…and with construction costs up almost 30% from earlier figures, even though so far the exterior looks like they value-engineered the hell out of it.

In a separate earnings statement Wednesday, Macerich disclosed that the Fashion District project’s budget has grown to as much as $420 million, up from a previous $325 million.

http://investing.macerich.com/phoeni...cle&ID=2361457

Relevant excerpt from Macerich's press release:
Redevelopment continues on The Fashion District of Philadelphia, a three-level retail hub spanning over 800,000 square footage across three city blocks in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. The scope of the project has increased with the addition of numerous entertainment and dining elements. Estimated project costs are now expected to be in the range of $400 - $420 million (or $200 to $210 million at the Company's pro rata share). We have signed leases or are in active lease negotiations with tenants for over 80% of the leasable area. Noteworthy commitments include Century 21, Burlington, H&M, Polo Ralph Lauren, Forever 21, Columbia Sportswear, AMC Theaters, City Winery and Dallas BBQ. The grand opening is planned for September 2019.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 11:56 PM

Maybe this means they're fixing the rest of it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development