HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Phoenixville and West Chester are on fire too!!

SEPTA really needs to reinstate rail service to both West Chester and Phoenixville, as well as a line that runs to Newtown and New Hope in Bucks County.
It seems like Septa is the Delaware Valley Metro system.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 4:44 AM

Quote:

SEPTA really needs to reinstate rail service to both West Chester and Phoenixville, as well as a line that runs to Newtown and New Hope in Bucks County.
One of my sources says that Kneuppel told Phoenixville the following:
"SEPTA WILL come back to Phoenixville. The only matter is when."

West Chester makes some sense, but they would have to form some sort of super express that would be able to compete with Exton.

Newtown is pretty much out of the question at this point. SEPTA owns the ROW but the locals adore the trail and would put up quite the fight to keep it.

New Hope would be interesting. I have been pondering over that for awhile. It could definitely work, but some major rehab of the tracks north of Warminster would have to be done. PTC would also have to be installed, which may interfere with the NH&IRR (though I think that SEPTA paid for some of their upgrades to PTC already. I'm not sure. They let the Lansdale Founder's Day excursion happen this year but I don't know if those engines had PTC).

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
It seems like Septa is the Delaware Valley Metro system.
I mean... it is called SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. Their main jurisdiction is the five county area surrounding Philadelphia, which is also considered the Deleware Valley. The only reason that SEPTA goes into NJ or DE at all is because those states have paid them for it.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 2:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah, definitely agree. I keep seeing promising articles about pheonixville service. They really should restore the whole reading mainline, but pheonixville is a good start. I'd also add Allentown/Bethlehem/ Easton to that list along the Lehigh rail line. It would be a better service to the region than just adding lanes to 476. Septa should be a network of dense population nodes and job centers in the region. I think nj Transit is working on restoring to easton. Also saw they're trying to extend to Scranton to relieve traffic on 80. Septa should be doing the same.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 4:30 PM
Philly Rising Up!

KOP on fire too (at a scale unseen in recent memory)

I wasn't able to get a pic b/c I was driving. But Rt. 422 in KOP, along this highway, you can see huge swaths of high end apartment complexes from the highway. This area is exploding residentially. I think it is all behind or around the KOP town center.

The propose KOP rail should be fast-tracked with grants/municipal bonds, whatever to get it started. One thing for sure is that if realized, KOP rail will not be underutilized.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
KOP on fire too (at a scale unseen in recent memory)

I wasn't able to get a pic b/c I was driving. But Rt. 422 in KOP, along this highway, you can see huge swaths of high end apartment complexes from the highway. This area is exploding residentially. I think it is all behind or around the KOP town center.

The propose KOP rail should be fast-tracked with grants/municipal bonds, whatever to get it started. One thing for sure is that if realized, KOP rail will not be underutilized.
Yes. A lot going on in KOP too.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 3:19 PM
Me?!?

I pass this project in Upper Dublin often and it really is massive:

https://6abc.com/realestate/blasting...april/5235358/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

Ardmore's new transportation center is set to begin construction this summer:
http://www.planthekeystone.com/Pages...r-Project.aspx

Also, the leases have opened up on One Ardmore, and I have to say... this doesn't look worth the price. It looks cheap.
https://www.apartments.com/one-ardmo...re-pa/hjwym91/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:11 PM

^ Nowhere to go but up from the current hideous station. These renderings are extraordinary crude, however.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Ardmore's new transportation center is set to begin construction this summer:
A complete rebuild of the station and only a small fraction of the platform will be high level?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
A complete rebuild of the station and only a small fraction of the platform will be high level?
Those renderings have the whole platform at high level...

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:36 PM

The project discription lists:

28-foot-long high-level and 200-foot-long low-level platforms with canopies;

which is a single car length? seems odd.. will have to hit it spot on..

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:47 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^ Nowhere to go but up from the current hideous station. These renderings are extraordinary crude, however.
Maybe. But as is the case so many times, these hokey vaguely neo-traditional facilities will cost as much as what you could build something really striking for and when it's opening day, you have a silly looking facsimile of some early 20th century station with poor detailing and goofy anachronisms instead of a modern station. Why is there such deference to using ye olde station architecture? We don't do that for airports. I just wish we could just pay the French or Dutch to design all of our railway infrastructure.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:53 PM

Literally all renderings I can find of the new station have full-length high level platforms...

Maybe it's a typo and they meant it the other way around? It just seems like a no brainer to have the whole station be high level.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Maybe. But as is the case so many times, these hokey vaguely neo-traditional facilities will cost as much as what you could build something really striking for and when it's opening day, you have a silly looking facsimile of some early 20th century station with poor detailing and goofy anachronisms instead of a modern station. Why is there such deference to using ye olde station architecture? We don't do that for airports. I just wish we could just pay the French or Dutch to design all of our railway infrastructure.
Eh. For the most part I agree, but this seems a bit more grounded in real design than some other examples of neo-traditionalism.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I tend to favor traditional architecture, or modern elaborations/evolutions (but not "pastiche" in the negative sense). I wasn't getting into that here. It's hard to tell what this will look like, but there's no "maybe" about it being better than the "pillbox" currently masquerading as a train station. I'd love to see something refined and/or exciting, but its Amtrak after all.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 1:25 AM

Proposed Arena for Wilmington, DE??

Not sure if shared here yet but:

Quote:
Wilmington Mayor Dennis P. Williams is seeking financial backing for a plan to build a 4,000 seat arena in Wilmington.
Read more - https://www.delawareonline.com/get-a...%2F76282550%2F

Unfortunately I can't read the full article because Delawareonline added this stupid limit on how many free articles you can read. When does this reset?

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't read the full article because Delawareonline added this stupid limit on how many free articles you can read. When does this reset?
^That article is from 2015. Dennis Williams isn't even the mayor of Wilmington anymore.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
^That article is from 2015. Dennis Williams isn't even the mayor of Wilmington anymore.
Oh, I'm sorry then. I couldn't see the date because like I said, Delawareonline added a limit to free articles. I guess this never happened then since there isn't any mention of it.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry then. I couldn't see the date because like I said, Delawareonline added a limit to free articles. I guess this never happened then since there isn't any mention of it.
Yeah i mean it didn't happen but there is the well documented 76ers fieldhouse which opened this year serving the same purpose albeit a smarter footprint.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations