HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 2:47 PM

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Montreal is a weird situation. They had such a lousy season last year and appeared to be the classic CFL basketcase of inept coaching and revolving door of seemingly random players (hello Johnny Football). Then in the offseason the owners bailed and the coach and GM were fired early on. All in all practically a recipe for a 1-17 season.

Yet here we are, Khari Jones has found a way to motivate his team and they're winning games. It's surprising to me more than anything else.

As for BC, Reilly is just getting brutalized out there. It is tough to watch. It's as bad or worse than when Buck Pierce was stuck behind Winnipeg's porous offensive line circa 6 or 7 years ago.
Watching that last useless drive of BC's was painful to watch. Reilly limping to the line. Taking a big breath and then running away from the rush for what end? The only saving grace was that the Riders defence was in prevent and just wanted to run out the clock.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

Alouettes: Potential Owners Impressed
Philippe Asselin journaldemontreal.com July 20th, 2019

Google translation

MONTREAL - If the Montreal Alouettes impressed fans by defeating the Edmonton Eskimos 20-10 on Saturday, they especially left a great impression on brothers Jeffrey and Peter Lenkov.

The two men born in Laval, but living in California, were present in one of the boxes at Percival Molson Stadium.

"It's really a great team to watch," said Jeffrey during the break because of a thunderstorm. [...] I like what I see on the field and I think Khari Jones [the head coach] is doing a great job. "

The two brothers lead a group that deals exclusively with the purchase of the Alouettes, which are owned by the Canadian Football League.

"It was really important for us to come to a game and take the pulse of the fans," said the 54-year-old. Before making a purchase like this, it is essential to do the necessary research. "

"I think the Alouettes are part of Montreal's culture, as the Montreal Canadiens are part of it. Personally, as a potential owner, I would only like the best for the team. "

The two men were accompanied by several members of their family, who wore all the colors of the Alouettes.

"First of all, I'm a supporter of the Alouettes myself," Lenkov said, adding that he had bought sweaters and caps with his young daughter.

"I'm currently living a dream of being able, possibly, to become one of the owners of one of my favorite teams. It remains to be seen if all this can come to fruition. "

To see how the lawyer of jubilant and enlaaient the players on the ground after the victory, there is strong bet that he will afford to pursue his dream.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 3:05 PM

Jeffrey M. Lenkov Bio
Partner Manning & Kass

Thought this was interesting and something to remember down the road if this guy buys the Als. This cat knows about stadium building and finances? Interview link doesn't work.

Professional Sports Law Team Leader Jeff Lenkov Talks Football on K-Cal CBS
Professional Sports Law Team leader and Manning & Kass partner and certified NHLPA agent Jeff Lenkov discusses the NFL stadium development financial structure on K-Cal CBS.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 3:53 PM

Sounds extremely positive these potential Als owners are. Especially with them having personal ties to the city and the team. With all the talk of how the CFL is on the decline, 8 of the 9 teams have super solid owners, some of the most solid owners any pro league could hope for.

Is there any update for the potential sale of the Lions? There was some talk a while ago but it seems those talks have become stale. Braley must be in the market to sell the team in the next couple of years.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Is there any update for the potential sale of the Lions? There was some talk a while ago but it seems those talks have become stale. Braley must be in the market to sell the team in the next couple of years.
There were several players a few years ago in the running but Braley is being greedy and unfortunately it may happen that the Lions will wither on the vine like the Argos did. It's a situation that hopefully will get resolved before things get much worse, luckily they have a pretty good President to keep things going.

As for the Als, I am interested who else may be involved in the "group" aside from the brothers. These guys have some real celebrity appeal which I think would go over well in Montreal. Remember Genie Bouchard caused a ripple just by being seen at an Argos game. The brothers could attract some big names to sit in the owners box.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 4:10 PM

Stu Cowan: Lenkov hopes to bring a bit of Hollywood to Alouettes
Chomedey native Peter Lenkov, known as the producer/writer behind the remake of the Hawaii Five-O TV series, would want to make games more of an event as a Alouettes team owner.
Stu Cowan, Montreal Gazette July 21, 2019

Two of Peter Lenkov’s favourite memories as a kid growing up in Chomedey, Laval, involved the Hawaii Five-O television series and the Montreal Alouettes.

Both memories also involved his father, Abe.

Lenkov grew up to become a very successful Hollywood producer/writer and is the man behind the remake of the Hawaii Five-O TV series, which started in 2010 and has been renewed by CBS for a 10th season. Lenkov, 55, has also been behind other hit TV series, including 24, CSI: New York, MacGyver and the remake of Magnum P.I.

If things work out the way he hopes, Lenkov and his brother Jeffrey, who is a lawyer based in Los Angeles, could soon become the new owners of the Alouettes. The brothers and their potential ownership group have been negotiating exclusively with the CFL to purchase the Alouettes. The brothers were in attendance for Saturday’s 20-10 win over the Edmonton Eskimos in front of 16,137 fans at sweltering Molson Stadium.

Lenkov said he would like to help turn Alouettes home games into “an event,” offering more to fans than just the game itself. After missing the playoffs in each of the last four seasons, the Alouettes are in the process of writing their own Hollywood comeback story with three straight wins and it appears the sale of the team is close. “I think we will see it get done,” CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie said Friday night on TSN.

“We’re not doing this to make money,” Lenkov said. “There’s so many other things to do to make money. We’re doing it as a passion project.”

The Lenkov family had quite a large contingent at the game but Abe, who is now in his late 80s and lives in Florida, remained in the air-conditioned comfort of his Montreal hotel to watch on TV. Lenkov’s mother, Ellen, passed away last October in Florida at age 81. A memorial was held for her earlier Saturday in Montreal.

“When I went to an Alouettes game with my father, I remember eating junk food, watching the game, learning about the game through him,” Lenkov said shortly after Saturday’s kickoff. “Not that he was any expert, by any means, but he taught us the game and I have the same experience now with my sons. My best memory about the Alouettes is going with my dad and learning about the game and learning to love it.

“Everything that I do, everything that I write has a father-son component to it because I had very special memories with my father,” Lenkov added. “When we got to do something like go to a game together, those are moments I try to recreate the father-son experience. On Five-O, it’s all about a son losing his father. Every show I do is always that father-son component.”

The original Hawaii Five-O, which aired from 1968-80, was Abe’s favourite TV show.

“When I was a kid I sat by my dad’s knee watching Hawaii Five-O,” Lenkov recalled. “I remember him loving that show, especially in the dead of winter to escape to go to Hawaii once a week — that was a big deal. So that’s the reason I wanted to do that show. It was because of him. I wanted to do Magnum because that was my favourite show.”

Lenkov now splits his time between Los Angeles and Hawaii.

When his brother first called him about the possibility of purchasing the Alouettes, Lenkov thought he might be joking because it seemed too good to be true, saying: “It was something that couldn’t be real because that would be a dream to be able to own a team we used to follow as kids.”

Lenkov knew as a kid he wanted to be a writer and said he has been in the entertainment business since he was the class clown at Western Laval High School. He said his passion for writing and storytelling comes from his mother. His father wanted him to become a lawyer, and Lenkov briefly went to McGill University but said he was a lousy student. He later studied film at Concordia before going to Hollywood and becoming a success story. There is now a Peter Lenkov Award for Script Writing at Concordia.

“I miss everything about Montreal,” Lenkov said. “The food, the city, friends, and I have some family left here. The other day I got up early and met a friend for coffee and we walked the whole city. I miss stuff like that. You don’t get to do that in L.A. You don’t walk the city in L.A. … you don’t walk anywhere in L.A. I just miss the diversity, I miss the people, I miss the food. I’ve been eating non-stop since I got here.

“I teach at Concordia sometimes … I do the scholarship there. I come back for certain things. I’ve been trying to get back to Montreal forever, to have a reason to come back. So if this works out, it’s a good reason to come back.”

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 4:24 PM

Initially I was leery of this, but these guys are sounding better all the time

Prospective new owners of the Alouettes get a good impression of one improved team
Mike Cohen The Suburban July 21, 2019

On a day featuring sweltering heat and a forecast of thunder and lightning storms, the prospective new owners of The Montreal Alouettes were in attendance at Percival Molson Stadium as the home team hosted the Edmonton Eskimos.

Chomedey natives and brothers Jeffrey and Peter Lenkov, along with some of their investment team, took in the game from the private box once occupied by the Wettenhall family. They relinquished the franchise just before the present season began and handed it over to the CFL. Since that time there have been many possible ownership groups step up. The Lenkovs appear to be the real deal. Full disclosure: I have known the Lenkovs for more than two decades. Coincidentally I was already planning to attend the July 20 matinee game. I ended up playing de facto press agent for them and it was a blast!

The Alouettes won the game 20-10 before 16, 137 fans and brought their record up to 3-2. Quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. passed for 191 yards and ran for another 44 in an exciting game. I believe this team has finally found a legitimate successor to Anthony Calvillo.

The Lenkovs made the most of this opportunity. Jeffrey did the rounds in the press box, meeting veteran Gazette reporter Herb Zurkowsky (back from medical leave after kicking bladder cancer to the sidelines), columnist Stu Cowan and others. He was interviewed live on the TSN 690 pre-game show with Rick Moffat and Marco Brouillette and chatted with some other media and Alouettes staff. The brothers had a long talk with Alouettes legend Peter Dalla Riva, hung out with president Patrick Boivin and gained insight from Director of Sales and Fan Services Brian Weightman and ace publicist Francis Dupont.

The Wettenhalls must be thanked and commended for bankrolling this franchise for 21 seasons. There were many winning campaigns. But they waited too long to ditch former GM Jim Popp and frankly as owners had a kind of invisible presence in the community. I like to think of myself as an influencer and I never met them once. Here were the Lenkovs, not even the owners yet, shaking every hand they could on press row, asking relevant questions and then after the game going on the field and introducing themselves to players. For football in Montreal, I hope the deal comes through because I believe they and their team have so many clever ideas that could be implemented.

Boivin’s off season relaunch of the logo and uniforms appears to be catching on. I must admit that the new look is growing on me. It is hard to believe that this is a team that fired its head coach (Mike Sherman) a week before the season started, fired their GM (Kavis Reed) for mysterious reasons and do not have owners, yet they are playing the best football any Alouettes club has in years. I would pay for a ticket just to watch running back William Stanback do his thing.

I must admit I was a huge fan of Kavis Reed. Whereas Popp was a tourist in this town, residing with his family in North Carolina and never showing his face at a community event, Reed made himself available to every cause. He gave me his personal cell phone number and said to call him anytime. I did and he never turned me down. Obviously certain things went down to cause his dismissal, but he deserves some credit for the excellent team now on the field. It starts with his decision to name Khari Jones the interim coach. Joe Mack, a legendary former NFL scout and one-time GM of Winnipeg, has effectively stepped into Reed’s role. But he was Reed’s assistant, chosen by his former boss. He too chatted with Jeffrey Lenkov at half time and after the game.

The Lenkovs even had a thumbs up for the press box food catered by Restaurant Basha and chatted withh head man Adel after the game.

Paxton Baker, Jeffrey’s good friend and a part owner of Major League Baseball’s Washington Nationals, was in the box as well. Clearly he has a wealth of experience to share. I whispered in his ear a suggestion that the Nationals come to Montreal next spring and play the Blue Jays in the annual two game exhibition series at Olympic Stadium. Recognizing the fact his Nationals recently played a game with Expos uniforms, he pondered the thought of them doing the same thing against the Jays. (My brother Chuck favors the Tampa Bay Rays coming to town instead).

This game should in fact have been dedicated to Ellen Lenkov, She was the dear mom of Jeffrey, Peter, Patti and Richard who passed away several months ago. Long before the brothers knew that the Alouettes would possibly be part of their future, a memorial for Ellen was planned for the morning of July 20. Because of Ellen they were in town the very day the Als played at home. She had so many reasons to be proud of her kids, but the fact that a day meant to salute her coincided with a game which may influence the decision of her two eldest sons to take over this franchise should be looked upon as a message from above.

I can hear Ellen now shouting "Go Als Go!"

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 4:34 PM

Lenkov : We want to buy the Alouettes if we can make a difference
Montreal TSN690 July 20 2019

Jeffrey Lenkov joined Rick and Marc Olivier to talk about all things Alouettes and all things ownership situation.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 5:01 PM

The other side of the coin

Alouettes: "The Lenkov brothers have no plan", according to Éric Lapointe
Simon-Olivier Lorange La Presse July 20 2019

While everything indicates that the brothers Jeffrey and Peter Lenkov seem about to acquire the Montreal Alouettes, former footballer Éric Lapointe can not explain the enthusiasm of the Canadian League in front of this group of potential buyers.

He himself led a group that tried to own the team last spring, Lapointe claims to have been approached by the Lenkovs in April.

E-mail exchanges led to telephone interviews. But according to him, these discussions with them were anything but productive.

"They have no knowledge of the Canadian League," says the athlete turned wealth manager at the end of the line.

La Presse yesterday published an interview with Jeffrey Lenkov in which the lawyer based in Los Angeles explained that the Alouettes were an integral part of his childhood memories in Laval. According to him, he has always continued to follow the activities of Birds, like his brother Peter, producer and screenwriter in Hollywood. The duo today leads a group involved in exclusive discussions with the Canadian Football League (CFL) to get their hands on the Montreal club.

Tense conversation

Mr. Lenkov assured La Presse that he had surrounded himself with "experienced people who know how to operate a sports franchise", but did not specify what strategy he intended to adopt to bail out the coffers of a team abandoned by well supporters.

At the beginning of June, a telephone conversation with the Lenkovs left Eric Lapointe speechless.

"We spoke up to 1 am with an investment firm, we were two on the call from my side, we tried to make them talk about their plan, but they had nothing ... When I say no plan, it's zero plan, "says the former offensive midfielder.

"They were doing name-dropping, they even started Celine Dion's name in the conversation. I heard nothing that would bring people back to the stands. " - Eric Lapointe

Jeffrey Lenkov then invited him to attend the Alouettes' inaugural game in Edmonton on June 14. But Lapointe declined.

"I did not see what I would do there. Why continue a conversation that is not going anywhere? He wonders.

Contractor Clifford Starke was also on the line to acquire the Alouettes. His offer was not selected by the CFL. What was not his surprise when the Lenkovs contacted him to include him in their group of investors.

"It lasted 5 minutes, I did not even understand why we were talking to each other," Starke told La Presse . I wanted to be the majority shareholder, period. "

In an email to La Presse , the CFL stated that "all individuals or groups who have sent letters of intent [to buy the Alouettes] would have been good owners and good partners for the league." "We evaluated their offers against a series of criteria", we continue, without defining these criteria, and "determined that the best offer was that of the group with which we work today".

Lapointe still believes

Disgusted by a sales process they considered biased by Lenkov, potential buyers Vincent Guzzo and Clifford Starke said they no longer wanted to buy the Alouettes.

Éric Lapointe does not see things the same way. He continues to hope that the CFL will break the exclusivity of the Lenkov brothers.

"Logic tells me I should forget about it, but I tend to be illogical sometimes," he says.

"There are so many beautiful things to do with this team. " - Eric Lapointe

Lapointe joined the Alouettes in 2001 as a free agent. He hung up his boots in 2006 but has been a club ambassador ever since.

"I see things today in the same way as 18 years ago. I keep the desire to do something exceptional with the team and the people of the province. "

Jeffrey and Peter Lenkov will attend the game today between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Alouettes at Percival Molson Stadium. The duo is still at the heart of a process of reviewing the finances and operations of the team, on their way to a deal with the CFL.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 5:10 PM

More other side

Alouettes: the childhood dream of the Lenkov brothers
Simon-Olivier Lorange La Presse July 19 2019

On a shelf of Jeffrey Lenkov's office in Los Angeles, two football helmets.

One of them is decorated in the colors of the Northern Illinois University Huskies, where the 54-year-old earned his law degree. On the other side, the blue and red triangular logo displayed by the Montreal Alouettes during the 1970s and 80s.

"Is not this the most beautiful logo of the sport? Exclaims the Laval native.

The Alouettes were the favorite club of Jeffrey Lenkov and his brother Peter during their childhood in Laval. Whether by nostalgia or, as they claim, by unconditional fervor that has never decreased, the two men are now about to afford the club of their childhood.

The Lenkovs now fly the group that negotiates exclusively the purchase of the Montreal team, owned by the Canadian Football League (CFL).

The duo is little known to the Quebec public. The eldest, Peter, 55, is a producer and scriptwriter in Hollywood. His name is associated with successful series like 24 (in French, 24 hours chrono ) and CSI: NY . Graduated from Concordia, he returned to his alma mater punctually to give lectures.

Jeffrey is a litigation lawyer and specializes in entertainment and sports law at Manning & Kass. He is the only one of the two brothers to have agreed to give us an interview, his first to a francophone media.

He has a lot to say about his love of the Alouettes as well as his roots - a part of his family still resides in the region, he loves to ski at Tremblant, his children attend summer camps in Ontario and Quebec. He says he goes around "often" in the Belle Province.

But the oyster closes when questions about the purchase of the team emerge.

Who makes up his group of investors? "Experienced people who know how to operate a sports franchise. Did he have French-speaking associates? "It is vital to have Francophone and Anglophone components, to present a diverse group. What is his experience as an entrepreneur? "My status as a lawyer prevents me from talking about it. "

Even when asked to describe his brother and business partner Peter, his response is surprising: "I would rather not talk about my family, whether it's my brother, my sister or my children. "

Good.

"We do not own the team yet, I do not want to skip the stages," he says. I grew up in the middle class, and now I have the chance to buy the club I've always loved. This team counts for me and for many people. I want to do things right, to devote myself to 100%. We will talk about myself when everything is settled. "

Note.

Complex sale

The secret jealously cultivated Jeffrey Lenkov on his steps to acquire the team is reminiscent of the smoke screen that hides the sales process from the beginning.

For months, the Wetenhall family, longtime owner of the Alouettes, denied that the team was for sale. Buyers were indeed in the ranks last spring, and were racking their weapons.

Three groups, led by ex-footballer Éric Lapointe and entrepreneurs Clifford Starke and Vincent Guzzo respectively, have submitted bids.

At midnight minus one, a fourth group, that of the Lenkovs, appeared. And this is the one who is now the only one to talk to the CFL.

Starke and Guzzo said they had the feeling that the dice were stacked. In an interview with La Presse earlier this week, both spoke of a "waste of time".

Guzzo was momentarily associated with Danny Maciocia, head coach of the Carabins of the University of Montreal, but a conflict erupted between the two men. The movie theater giant nevertheless persisted with an offer after having properly analyzed the financial situation of the team.

Starke brought with him Brad Smith, son of former Alouettes president Larry Smith, and followed the advice of the father himself. After the refusal of a first offer, he counter-attacked.

"But they preferred the guys from Hollywood ... My cousin has already won three Emmy awards, maybe I should have involved him more," ironically Starke, obviously angry, on the phone.

Letters of nobility

The two disappointed buyers confirmed that the team was in a very bad financial situation after having access to the club's books. Starke expected one to two seasons of losses before returning to profitability.

This is not exactly a surprise, knowing that the Wetenhall have claimed losses of 25 million in the last three seasons alone.

Vincent Guzzo said he found several "inconsistencies" in terms of the team's operations.

"They settled one by sending Kavis Reed, but I saw others," he told us, referring to the dismissal last Sunday of the Director General for nebulous failures "of an administrative nature."

Unsurprisingly, Lenkov did not want to comment on any of the Alouettes' past management allegations, nor did he want to comment on the crisis the team is currently facing.

What he wants is to restore the credibility of a formation that has just missed the playoffs of the CFL four times in a row.

"I've known Nelson Skalbania's time, I know how much it has affected fans," he recalls, referring to the unfortunate acquisition of Birds in 1981 by American multi-billionaire Skalbania, who will put the franchise bankruptcy.

"The team has suffered enough," says Lenkov.

In his eyes, however, things have been on track since Khari Jones inherited the position of head coach in early June. He now shares the duties of General Manager.

Fans to win back

If the Lenkovs acquire the club, they will write at the very top of the list of tasks a simple goal to define but complex to achieve: fill up as quickly as possible of the stands that have been left to lose.

"It's a question of respect for the fans: if they are offered a good product in the field and an experience worthy of the price they pay, they will come back. " - Jeffrey Lenkov

The Montreal public has been used to homeowners who were far from Montreal and even to a general manager - Jim Popp - who, during his two decades with the Alouettes, has always kept his principal residence in North Carolina.

"The operations must be done locally," said Jeffrey Lenkov. Doing business remotely is very difficult. So, imagine managing a sports team ... "

As owner, he would be closely involved in the activities of the club. "It's a vital business in the community, and if there is my name on it, I can only get involved personally. "

Nevertheless, nuance he, "a thinker has already said that people who are successful know surround themselves with the best".

For now, the Lenkov brothers are still at the stage of "due diligence", which is a thorough examination of the club and its workings, with the aim of concluding the transaction in the coming weeks. Both will attend tomorrow's game against the Edmonton Eskimos. Jeffrey will land in town today, while Peter is already compulsively publishing footage of his stay in the metropolis on his Instagram account.

Many times, Jeffrey Lenkov repeats that he does not want to rush anything, that he intends to go through the steps one by one.

But the success of the club, they can not wait, he concludes.

"We do not have a plan of ten years or five years. We want a team that will be excellent quickly. That's what I spend my time. Nothing else. "

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Watching that last useless drive of BC's was painful to watch. Reilly limping to the line. Taking a big breath and then running away from the rush for what end? The only saving grace was that the Riders defence was in prevent and just wanted to run out the clock.
Lions suck. Whitecaps suck. Go Canucks.
That's all we've got lol.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 6:32 PM

^ I wonder if the Lions are attempting to engineer a trade to bolster their OL... I mean, in some ways they'd be crazy not to, even if it means sacrificing talent on their D or special teams. What is the point of having a star QB when you provide such terrible protection that will probably result in him being done for the season by Labour Day?

Also kind of makes me wonder if Sukh Chungh was overrated as a Blue Bomber. I was a bit worried when he signed with BC but if anything the Bomber OL got even stronger this year. He doesn't seem to be much of a factor on that Lion OL.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Lions suck. Whitecaps suck. Go Canucks.
That's all we've got lol.
The Canucks are good?!?!

Well since Vancouver seems to be enamoured with all things Seattle (sports wise) you'll have another NHL team to cheer for soon!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
The Canucks are good?!?!

Well since Vancouver seems to be enamoured with all things Seattle (sports wise) you'll have another NHL team to cheer for soon!
Well i dont know about good but theyre on an upcycle at least lol.
And ya us in BC are bros with Seattle and Spokane. Theyre both just 2 hours south of Vancouver and Castlegar respectively.
I wonder what Seattle's hockey team will be called.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 3:40 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Stamps. Phew.
Take the win and get out of Ottawa.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Stamps. Phew.
Take the win and get out of Ottawa.
I was there for the game. A bit of a fumble fest at the start.

When do the Stamps and Bombers meet?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

^ in 2 weeks, on August 8.

IMO tonight's matchup vs. Hamilton will be a good measuring stick for the Bombers, no need to wait until the Calgary game.

Also, Edmonton shuts out Toronto for the first time ever, apparently? Toronto is pretty much a dumpster fire now... reminds me a bit of the 2000 season when John Huard was coaching. But even that year they managed to turn things around a bit after dumping Huard when he got off to a 1-6-1 start.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:40 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ in 2 weeks, on August 8.

IMO tonight's matchup vs. Hamilton will be a good measuring stick for the Bombers, no need to wait until the Calgary game.

Also, Edmonton shuts out Toronto for the first time ever, apparently? Toronto is pretty much a dumpster fire now... reminds me a bit of the 2000 season when John Huard was coaching. But even that year they managed to turn things around a bit after dumping Huard when he got off to a 1-6-1 start.
If they had an average QB they would be good for a 6-12 sort of season, but as it is it’s hard to see how they come up with more than 2 or 3 wins at best.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 7:32 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

^I agree, it looks like poor play at QB is what is killing the Argos.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada