HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 6:55 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
CDR submissions are up for August.
Can't pull up the link Do you have the link? Thanks.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Can't pull up the link Do you have the link? Thanks.
https://www.phila.gov/documents/civi...ing-materials/

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 7:05 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Thank you. The new format threw me off and I overlooked it.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 7:21 PM

McGrath can make a thread for the 12th and Sansom senior living project now when he has a second!: https://www.phila.gov/media/20190724...pplication.pdf Pretty happy to see this take on clearer dimension and hopefully eventually rise, but the building looks just average to me from the renders. The masonry base is nice.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 7:55 PM

It's awesome to see 3700 Lancaster moving along to the CDR process! That development will add so much life to an already nice looking stretch of Lancaster Avenue, and will hopefully inject some confidence into developers looking to to build new units northwest of 40th Street along the corridor. I can't wait to see how Belmont will begin to transform with uCity Square and Schuylkill Yards set to come online in the coming years. That neighborhood has it all: a retail corridor, quick access to CC via the 10, affordable housing with good bones, and a quick walk to Fairmount Park!

Now I'm looking forward to 2700 N. Broad and other North Station District developments making their way onto future CDR agendas!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 4:03 PM

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 3:33 AM

Do we have any update on that Trader Joe's tower? *cough cough* Summers *cough cough*

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Do we have any update on that Trader Joe's tower? *cough cough* Summers *cough cough*
I saw guy's doing some sort of work in the parking lot of TJ's about 2 weeks ago (digging/heavy machinery), not sure if related to this - prelim work.
If it is indeed a PMC Property -- maybe they should focus on the Riverwalk Towers first, after that permit fiasco. That said, a 30-story tower here would be tremendous.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 1:02 AM

I posted this in the Transportation Thread, but seeing as this sometimes is the general Philadelphia thread, I figured it was important to share here. Summers, you can delete if necessary:

SEPTA Maintenance Facilities under investigation for Embezzlement

Quote:
The FBI and SEPTA’s inspector general are investigating a multi-year embezzlement scheme that may have cost the agency big bucks, PlanPhilly has learned.

Fran Kelly, SEPTA’s assistant general manager, said the agency “cannot confirm or deny that there’s any ongoing investigation.”

But sources said that FBI agents had visited the agency’s Woodland Avenue building earlier this month. And other sources described the nature of the investigation to PlanPhilly.

The scheme allegedly involved a string of the transit agency’s facility managers who colluded with outside vendors to fabricate fraudulent supply and repair invoices. The invoices were paid, using SEPTA office credit cards, but the requested services or merchandise were never fulfilled.

Managers and vendors are said to have are said to have pocketed the leftover proceeds. In other instances, unneeded tools or equipment were ordered and then allegedly stolen by the involved parties.

Douglas Edwards, a secretary-treasurer with the Teamsters Local 500, which represents certain SEPTA employees, said he had heard rumors about the investigation. He emphasized that federal agents haven’t contacted any Local 500 members.

“But there are a lot of rumors if there isn’t anything going on,” he said.

Joe Coccio, secretary-treasurer with the Transit Workers Union Local 234, which represents most of SEPTA’s drivers and other blue-collar employees, also said he had heard “rumors” of the investigation. He similarly said the inquest did not involve any Local 234 members.

“Since none of the people involved or implicated are our members, at this time we don’t have any more information,” Coccio said.

It is not immediately clear how much money or equipment the alleged embezzlement could cost the agency, which has an $1.49 billion operating budget and a $675 million capital budget.
http://planphilly.com/articles/2019/...medium=ios_app

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 11:48 AM
Midrise

West Market Street business district gobbled up Comcast Tech Center and is ready for more real estate | Inquirer.com
Center City’s West Market Street business district has easily absorbed the one million-plus square feet of new corporate space comprising Comcast Corp.'s new tech tower, easing concerns that large blocks of vacancy would result from the company’s relocation of employees from surrounding buildings.

Over the 5½ years that the 60-story Comcast Technology Center tower has been in planning and under construction, vacancy rates in the central Philadelphia enclave between Broad Street and the Schuylkill have held steady, while rents have crept up to record highs, according to data from global brokerage Cushman & Wakefield PLC.

[snip]

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
West Market Street business district gobbled up Comcast Tech Center and is ready for more real estate | Inquirer.com
Center City’s West Market Street business district has easily absorbed the one million-plus square feet of new corporate space comprising Comcast Corp.'s new tech tower, easing concerns that large blocks of vacancy would result from the company’s relocation of employees from surrounding buildings.

Over the 5½ years that the 60-story Comcast Technology Center tower has been in planning and under construction, vacancy rates in the central Philadelphia enclave between Broad Street and the Schuylkill have held steady, while rents have crept up to record highs, according to data from global brokerage Cushman & Wakefield PLC.

[snip]
This is good. A friend of my just started working for Comcast in Two Logan. They have maxed out their space in the main two towers and do still have smaller presences elsewhere in the City.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 9:45 PM

I encourage you all to take this Residential Survey from the city:
www.PHLSurvey.com

It doesn’t take very long, and it’s a great place to express your concerns/approval for things the city has done.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 12:33 AM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I encourage you all to take this Residential Survey from the city:
www.PHLSurvey.com

It doesn’t take very long, and it’s a great place to express your concerns/approval for things the city has done.
There's not much that City Hall can do with one hand economically tied behind its back. Better decision making would do a world of good but that's only going to come from better decision makers. This "we've always done things this way" approach is and has been a great liability for Philadelphia's future growth. I bemoaned this city's parochialism on this forum for so many years I got tired of talking about it. There have been encouraging signs of improvement in the recent past but I'm waiting for the rising tide to raise more ships across this town.

That's more than a Philly problem though.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volguus zildrohar View Post
There's not much that City Hall can do with one hand economically tied behind its back. Better decision making would do a world of good but that's only going to come from better decision makers. This "we've always done things this way" approach is and has been a great liability for Philadelphia's future growth. I bemoaned this city's parochialism on this forum for so many years I got tired of talking about it. There have been encouraging signs of improvement in the recent past but I'm waiting for the rising tide to raise more ships across this town.

Even if you think that, you should still take the survey.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:56 AM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Even if you think that, you should still take the survey.
Of course I took the survey. Shot at a gift card? Youse bet.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volguus zildrohar View Post

Money cures many ills. The city's budget is booming, tax revenue is at all-time highs - so it's easier to start doing things like, ya know, actually pave the f*&cking roads again and re-start street sweeping. Your points is relevant for the decades when the city was struggling to make ends meet and drowning in pension liabilities - it's really not the case at the moment.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/road-rep...eets-2019-map/

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 8:29 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Money cures many ills. The city's budget is booming, tax revenue is at all-time highs - so it's easier to start doing things like, ya know, actually pave the f*&cking roads again and re-start street sweeping. Your points is relevant for the decades when the city was struggling to make ends meet and drowning in pension liabilities - it's really not the case at the moment.

I hope you're right.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post

Kinda pointless if you don't maintain it.

It's like putting new carpet down and never vacuuming it.

How long those carpets gonna last if you don't run by and pick up projectiles that are gonna damage the road, or sweep dirt out of the gutters that become the special Philly genus species "curb weed" which just tears away at the edges of the pavement, creating imperfections that become cracks that becomes bigger problems.

I really hate this mayor. Like hate. He's increased spending by $1 billion and no meaning tax reform and no street sweeping (which I think is $18 million a year), or less than 2% of his increase in spending.

Loathe.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Kinda pointless if you don't maintain it.

It's like putting new carpet down and never vacuuming it.

How long those carpets gonna last if you don't run by and pick up projectiles that are gonna damage the road, or sweep dirt out of the gutters that become the special Philly genus species "curb weed" which just tears away at the edges of the pavement, creating imperfections that become cracks that becomes bigger problems.

I really hate this mayor. Like hate. He's increased spending by $1 billion and no meaning tax reform and no street sweeping (which I think is $18 million a year), or less than 2% of his increase in spending.

Loathe.
Totally agree. He doesn’t deserve to be reelected. Sadly, this is what happens without a balanced / divided city government where there are no other great options to turn too.

The city needs to go back to the basics: fix the roads, fix the sidewalks, clean the streets, improve trash/recycling pick-up, fix the infrastructure, etc. Philly has a lot of complicated issues like crime, education, drugs, etc that it has to balance so its not easy....but we definitely need the basics to be improved as a city without strong infrastructure and sanitation will crumble and become unlivable for all.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 5:10 PM

You hate the mayor because you can’t pull weeds or sweep yourself? Priorities...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations