HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 2:38 AM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I would love to see this project get built. I think there is a demand for it.

I think it's just as many of us suspected. It took the CCH dropping to allow the other hotel proposals to solidify. I wouldn't doubt we get news on the Millennium Tower soon too.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 5:21 AM

Arrow Press Square

Speaking APS. Has anyone heard even the slightest of rumors on that property? Shortly after DDRM was awarded the CCH hotel project, DDRM started talks with Mr Priskos about a partnership to build the massive project on his APS land. Or maybe it was Priskos that reached out to DDRM? You get my point though. I can’t really be sure how far along the partnership really was but Mr Priskos was really pleasant to speak with. He was a little suspect at first about me reaching out to him but he loosened up and gave some details about his vision for the property. I only spoke with him a few times but he answered every time I called except towards the end. I had no idea of his health problems at the time but He wanted to build a mixed use CCH hotel with some residential. He said the building would be 1.3 million sqft and approaching 500ft tall. I’m sure this was all very preliminary but it was refreshing to have a top guy willing to chat about what is often times secret information. He didn’t get too specific but he was pretty excited about this and it seemed like he wanted to leave his mark on the skyline. He mentioned he had also spoken with Isaac too from Building Salt Lake. Did any of you ever hear similar rumors from his camp? I’m just curious how many of you know people in these circles. I just got antsy and thought I would reach out to Mr Priskos on a whim and was surprised he took the time to speak with me.

On an interesting note, he was curious about our forums perception of him. He did read this forum from time to time but didn’t want to get involved for obvious reasons. He took a lot of heat on here over the years. He also seemed to have a past working relation with Future Mayor, or maybe it was just a casual acquaintance or knowledge of him. I have a conspiracy theory that somehow Future Mayor and Priskos came together towards the end, maybe he liked his passion. The only reason I say this is because FM kinda disappeared from this forum around the time of Priskos passing. I would like to think that FM landed a spot somehow in the new ranks of what was Priskos business.

I’m sure I’m wrong but it got me thinking a little bit. Anyway... if anyone has something to add on APS I would be all ears.

Thanks Gents

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 5:27 AM

I'm getting conflicting info on Liberty Sky. Boyer says it's 24 stories, but some of you say it's only 21. Which is correct?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 6:01 AM
Let It Rise!

If you count the Roof Top Terrace then the tower is 40 stories.

Kensington Tower
200 South State Street
39 stories
448 feet

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
I live downtown and keep an eye on these projects. I'd take pictures, but they're such a pain in the ass to upload on this forum.
I use imgur, then when they're uploaded to imgur you just use the BBCode link on the right-hand side. I would certainly edit the size first though. Imgur has a built-in feature for that as well.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 8:59 AM

Also, there's not a whole lot to see yet, but since nobody else posted it, here's the Liberty Sky site fenced off:

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 7:14 PM

Quote:
I'm getting conflicting info on Liberty Sky. Boyer says it's 24 stories, but some of you say it's only 21. Which is correct?
In the Liberty Sky Condo plat that was turned in to the city sometime in the spring, the number of floors appears to have been cut from 24 to 21. I believe there was also a cut to the number of units as well from what has been listed on Boyers' site. It is possible that this may have changed back to the original since then, but I'm not sure. I don't have the link, since I had downloaded the document to my computer at the time. However, you might be able to search for it on the city's website.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I was wondering if the Garden Lofts on 600 S. project was built. No one ever posted updates that I can remember. I think someone did say that it was already under construction some time ago. Just wondering with all of the activity it just kind of got lost in the shuffle.

[CENTER]
A preliminary rendering of the south face of the Garden Lofts as designed by BSB design. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

Also, any updates on the Exchange Site?
Garden Lofts update, taken today:

Exchange and 400 South update:

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
Speaking APS. Has anyone heard even the slightest of rumors on that property? Shortly after DDRM was awarded the CCH hotel project, DDRM started talks with Mr Priskos about a partnership to build the massive project on his APS land. Or maybe it was Priskos that reached out to DDRM? You get my point though. I can’t really be sure how far along the partnership really was but Mr Priskos was really pleasant to speak with. He was a little suspect at first about me reaching out to him but he loosened up and gave some details about his vision for the property. I only spoke with him a few times but he answered every time I called except towards the end. I had no idea of his health problems at the time but He wanted to build a mixed use CCH hotel with some residential. He said the building would be 1.3 million sqft and approaching 500ft tall. I’m sure this was all very preliminary but it was refreshing to have a top guy willing to chat about what is often times secret information. He didn’t get too specific but he was pretty excited about this and it seemed like he wanted to leave his mark on the skyline. He mentioned he had also spoken with Isaac too from Building Salt Lake. Did any of you ever hear similar rumors from his camp? I’m just curious how many of you know people in these circles. I just got antsy and thought I would reach out to Mr Priskos on a whim and was surprised he took the time to speak with me.

On an interesting note, he was curious about our forums perception of him. He did read this forum from time to time but didn’t want to get involved for obvious reasons. He took a lot of heat on here over the years. He also seemed to have a past working relation with Future Mayor, or maybe it was just a casual acquaintance or knowledge of him. I have a conspiracy theory that somehow Future Mayor and Priskos came together towards the end, maybe he liked his passion. The only reason I say this is because FM kinda disappeared from this forum around the time of Priskos passing. I would like to think that FM landed a spot somehow in the new ranks of what was Priskos business.

I’m sure I’m wrong but it got me thinking a little bit. Anyway... if anyone has something to add on APS I would be all ears.

Thanks Gents
Just to provide some more information. The last I have heard on this is that the APS project is still proceeding. It would be a project done by Priskos family as a way to honor him and his commitment to the City.

The following information is a little over a year old so it is possible plans have changed:

The hotel would be at around 550 to 600 rooms. There would be residential but possibly in a 2nd tower.

The height is open based on the final design but the family does want the project to include the tallest building in the City as another way tho honor their father.

If the project does hold to the same time line, we should hear something about it by next summer.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 7:00 PM

It would be nice to see something great happen at APS but I figured I’d was on the back burner since Priskos passing. It’s nice to see the motivation is there to build still. I assume they are still trying to buy up the remaining properties on the corner area? Of maybe they have plans to work with the land they have. It will be a nice bonus if something works there.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 7:21 PM

Thank you RC14 for updating us on the Exchange and the Garden Lofts projects. Very much appreciated...

Utah Dave, You made me really curious about Future Mayor. He was so active and then just dropped off the map. Very curious?????

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 7:50 PM

He mentioned he was involved in a kinda small project. Not sure if it was out of state or not. It is weird he kinda disappeared. My theory was kinda out there about FM but who knows

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
I was in the process of compiling the information that I could think of as you were probably writing your previous post.

So I made a rundown of anything over 10 stories:

370 Millennium Tower
370 S. West Temple
27 stories

Tower 8
100 S. State Street
26 stories
395 feet

The Cascade (Tower 2)
50 West 100 South
20 stories
260 feet

Kensington Tower
200 South State Street
39 stories
448 feet

Liberty Sky
151 South State Street
21 stories
262 feet

Regent Street Hotel
45 East 200 South
20 stories
337 feet

Convention Center Hotel
200 South West Temple
28 stories
335 feet

Hines Tower/ Utah Theatre
144 South Main Street
30 stories
375 feet

Block 67 - Northwest Quarter (Phase 1)
251 West 100 South
11 stories –hotel
11 stories –residential

Block 67 - Northwest Quarter (Future Phases)
251 West 100 South
18 stories – residential
25 stories – office

650 Main
600 South Main Street
10 stories

655 W Temple (phase 2)
655 South West Temple
10 stories

RDA property
255 South State Street
14 stories

Hardware Station Office building
155 North 400 West
10 stories

Possible Others:
Arrow Press Square development
?
?

btw, an interesting find..... Kensington has added another downtown SLC property to their portfolio this year. purchased it in May 2019.

http://www.kicboston.com/properties/...200-south-2-2/
I work by that building Kensington just bought and was hoping it would be knocked down and something built in its place. It's small, ugly and would love to see something new and taller, not even a tower, put there.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Just to provide some more information. The last I have heard on this is that the APS project is still proceeding. It would be a project done by Priskos family as a way to honor him and his commitment to the City.

The following information is a little over a year old so it is possible plans have changed:

The hotel would be at around 550 to 600 rooms. There would be residential but possibly in a 2nd tower.

The height is open based on the final design but the family does want the project to include the tallest building in the City as another way tho honor their father.

If the project does hold to the same time line, we should hear something about it by next summer.
I highly doubt anything comes of this. They have zero development experience. Vasilio bought a lot of property, but as far as I know, he never built a single building.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
I work by that building Kensington just bought and was hoping it would be knocked down and something built in its place. It's small, ugly and would love to see something new and taller, not even a tower, put there.
It would be a perfect candidate for redevelopment.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 11:49 PM

I have not seen or heard anything about the Violin Commons for quite a long time. Is it like Paperbox where it will take years longer to start than originally estimated? I hope that rather than it being dead.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 12:08 AM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I highly doubt anything comes of this. They have zero development experience. Vasilio bought a lot of property, but as far as I know, he never built a single building.
Usually a family like that brings in a vertical partner so I'm hopeful. The Priskos clan is good people and they have lots of connections. My take is it will happen but on a much longer time table.

One of the reason for this massive explosion of proposals is the funny money interest rates that are just starting to hit. It's really taking some of the bite out of the skyrocketing costs, which have softened somewhat. Here's hoping the Monopoly money thing continues long enough for some of these to get built.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 3:10 PM

Priskos APS tower

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 3:19 PM

Updated with images of the towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
The SLC tower projects I have listed are:

Under Construction

95 State: (Office (498,000 sq. feet)) - 25 floors.

Liberty Sky: (Residential (270 units)) - 21 floors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearing Construction/Planned

Brinshore State Street Project: (Residential (190 units)) - 14 & 7 floors.

Convention Center Hotel: (Hotel (750 guestrooms)) - 29 floors.

Block 67 Phase 1: - 10 floors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposed

Kensington Tower: (Residential (380 units)) - 39 floors.

Theater Tower: (Residential) - unknown floors

370 Millennium Tower: (Office+Residential) - *I still have it listed at 27 floors, although we've heard quotes of 500 to 600 feet tall, also.

650 Main: (Office ((2) 10 story towers)

Regent Street Hotel: (Hotel (190 guestrooms)+Residential (48 units)) - 21 floors *subject to change.

Block 67 Phase II: (Mix) - unknown floors *subject to change

APS Mixed-Use Tower: (Mix) - 5oo to 600 feet tall *subject to change

Last edited by Orlando; Sep 9, 2019 at 7:56 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Looking at that...none of those are what I'd call "tall"...but wow, that's dense. Even given our gigantor city blocks and wide streets...that's dense. And density is going to lead to height. If those happen, Salt Lake City will be transformed. Hopefully for the better-ish.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West