HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 3:45 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
Oh in favour of gay clubs! Hence why my friend and I were thinking of starting one. I'm personally not gay, but my friend is, and has been loving the scene in Toronto and wanted more gay scene here in Hamilton.
I've been part of that scene for years and I've seen every single club and bar close one after another.

Some things to keep in mind.

In the summer everyone goes up to the campgrounds so there is not a lot of traffic then.

Gays tend to separate themselves into cliques, and with the advent of apps, many don't bother going to such events at all anymore - or theyre all on their phones looking for others that they already know.

Most only have events once a month so most of the time it is relatively empty. Also the new generation prefers to intermingle with regular people so really a bar that is inclusive of all types of people with maybe one specific area for gays and events might be best.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton