HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 8:00 PM

MegaBus entering London to Toronto bus service.

https://londonincmagazine.ca/2021/07...abus-steps-in/

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 10:05 PM

I wonder if they will be able to figure out the bus station issue. As far as I know, Greyhound owns it, I wonder what they would sell or lease it for. I doubt they would simply operate it on a per bus rate, but if Megabus is going to make a go of this, they need to come up with a better solution than using the Flying J, which doesn't even have a transit connection.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2021, 12:20 AM

Psst! Have I got a deal for you. Highway coach buses cheap and a white elephant bus terminal in the downtown core. Let's make a deal.....

Old Posted Jul 13, 2021, 12:52 PM

MegaBus is great. When I lived in the UK, I took MegaBus from London to Amsterdam for £10. They have deals right now to Toronto for $1. Only problem is that it is pretty slow, 3 hours to get to Toronto and obvious problem is the location of the pick up spot. If they want to be near the 401, I would say build a terminal at the White Oaks Mall BRT station or the Park & Ride that will be built near the 401.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2021, 10:25 AM

Greyhound bus terminal is now listed for sale, no price given. I doubt it makes financial sense for someone like Megabus to buy it to maintain it as a bus depot though.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 3:11 PM

Not sure what this means - Is London just going to be a station on a GO line? Which line? If so, it will take a lot longer than VIA.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/go-transit...rday-1.5530701

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
Not sure what this means - Is London just going to be a station on a GO line? Which line? If so, it will take a lot longer than VIA.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/go-transit...rday-1.5530701
According to some posts I seen on social media, it travelled through St. Mary's & Stratford (via Kitchener).

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:58 AM

I've been very happy to see the news about GO testing trains in London. I am surprised that they are trying out the northern Kitchener-Stratford-London route instead of the southern Hamilton-Brantford-London route, but I would expect them to test out both regardless during this phase. No matter which route they will end up choosing, it's good news. It's still probably going to be a couple of years out before we see London officially incorporated into the network, but seeing testing happening now is very encouraging.

What I am excited about most are the implications of Metrolinx expanding their mandate to the London area. I hope that it will eventually lead to more ambitious transit projects for the city later down the line.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 6:57 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
I've been very happy to see the news about GO testing trains in London. I am surprised that they are trying out the northern Kitchener-Stratford-London route instead of the southern Hamilton-Brantford-London route, but I would expect them to test out both regardless during this phase. No matter which route they will end up choosing, it's good news. It's still probably going to be a couple of years out before we see London officially incorporated into the network, but seeing testing happening now is very encouraging.

What I am excited about most are the implications of Metrolinx expanding their mandate to the London area. I hope that it will eventually lead to more ambitious transit projects for the city later down the line.
It's shorter for one -- about 95 km of track between Kitchener and London vs 130 or so between London and Aldershot station. And there would probably be demand for day-trips to Stratford from the GTA.

Plus didn't VIA run fewer trains on that line? (pre-pandemic) Maybe VIA will stop serving that route in an agreement with GO, which would provide the passenger service.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure