HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 1:30 AM

Its nice to hear that from somebody in atlanta. You wont even tell me the ground breaking date g-man?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 1:38 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy33
I stopped by downtown G-ville this past weekend for a few hours on my way back from Asheville, and I was VERY impressed. Walked up and down Main st., bought a few things at the Mast store, ate lunch at the Overlook Grill.
Greenville has to have one of the nicest downtowns of any mid-sized city in the country. I am looking forward to visiting again soon, hopefully next month.
Thank you for the nice comment, Atlguy33! There is just something special about this city that has kept me hear for so long. I have come very close to moving in the past, but with the great change in the late '90s, I couldn't bring myself to actually terminate the sensational comfort and high quality of living I have grown to thoroughly enjoy here. There is a tremendous mixture of culture to explore, and the beauty is second-to-none, IMO. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have over the years.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 7:25 PM

Yeah, you guys would probably be pleasantly surprised at the overall admiration of your great Downtown from the average clued-in (emphasizing clued-in here) Atlantan.

It has become a very popular to stop on the way to/from Asheville/the mountains or Charlotte for a bite, a stroll, etc.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy
Yeah, you guys would probably be pleasantly surprised at the overall admiration of your great Downtown from the average clued-in (emphasizing clued-in here) Atlantan.

It has become a very popular to stop on the way to/from Asheville/the mountains or Charlotte for a bite, a stroll, etc.
Very nice compliment! Great to hear you enjoyed yourself. I like your term "clued-in". I have some friends who were NOT clued-in when I told them I was moving to Greenville a few years back. They thought I was moving to the moon. They've since been to visit and have become "clued-in".

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 11:46 PM

I like to go to atlanta and check out all the new developement going on. Definetly staggering to say the leaset!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 4:00 PM
The Pedestrian

Press Release:

3M TO EXPAND FILM OPERATIONS AT DONALDSON CENTER

For Release – Tuesday, November 21, 2006

(GREENVILLE COUNTY, SC) The Greenville Area Development Corporation announced today that 3M will expand its film manufacturing operations at the company's Greenville, SC facility. Engineering and design of the $100 Million expansion will begin this year and construction is expected to begin in May 2007. Production is scheduled to begin in 2008. 3M produces a variety of films for customers in a number of markets, including the Industrial, Display and Graphics businesses. The expansion is expected to create approximately 50 jobs. Currently, the site employs approximately 435. The SC Department of Commerce supported the GADC in the recruitment effort.

"We are pleased to be part of the Greenville community and to expand our operations in the county," said Walter Zoladz, plant manager, 3M Film Operations in Greenville. "This investment is part of 3M's ongoing commitment to meet the needs of our customers by increasing the production of films that support a number of 3M businesses."

"This new investment by 3M will represent the latest in advanced film production technology," said Butch Kirven, Greenville County Council Chairman. "To have one of the top 10 leaders in global innovation continuing to grow here speaks volumes for Greenville."

"3M will create new engineering and skilled technician positions to support this highly technical production process," said Jay Rogers, GADC Chairman. "The company has found that it can find a qualified workforce in our region. Further, this project is yet another example of a strong engineering component associated with new manufacturing growth and suggests Greenville is rebounding strongly. Year to date capital investment in the community is more than $300 million roughly doubling the amount invested in 2005, and six weeks still remain before the year ends."

3M is a $21 billion diversified technology headquartered in St. Paul, MN. The company has leading positions in the consumer and office, display and graphics, electronics and telecommunications; safety, security and protection services; health care; industrial and transportation. 3M's brands include Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate,Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Vikuiti. For more information, including the latest product and technology news, visit www.3M.com.

The Greenville Area Development Corporation is a non-profit organization established by Greenville County Council to promote and enhance the economic growth and development of Greenville County.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 1:37 AM

Gsupstate, Belk's in Easley is NOT moving their location. It IS going to be a Kohl's, not a Belk's at Easley Town Center. Two proofs: the site plan says Kohl's and my dad's best friend works at that Belk's.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner
Thank you for the nice comment, Atlguy33! There is just something special about this city that has kept me hear for so long. I have come very close to moving in the past, but with the great change in the late '90s, I couldn't bring myself to actually terminate the sensational comfort and high quality of living I have grown to thoroughly enjoy here. There is a tremendous mixture of culture to explore, and the beauty is second-to-none, IMO. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have over the years.
You are the weakest link...goodbye.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 1:23 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man435
I don't follow you...

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 2:25 PM

LOL....you still mad at metro.m gman?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 6:48 PM

^^^Of course. I'm sorry for saying you guys were scared for contacting the developers too. That is not true and I apologize for it.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 1:22 AM

Pinnacle on Main ready to break ground. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...INESS/61122005

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 10:51 AM

^ any renderings?

DC/Baltimore and Richmond!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man435
^^^Of course. I'm sorry for saying you guys were scared for contacting the developers too. That is not true and I apologize for it.
Ok. apology accepted. I still think you contribute a lot to the threads so i was dissapointed you got banned from UP.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 3:33 PM

Oh yeah and have you checked out the new renderings for Palmetto banks new headquarters? Its on harpers website now. Looks sweet even though its only 4 stories.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynvb
^ any renderings?
Yes. Just go to http://www.pinnacleonmain.com/ to see renderings of this building. Thanks Erm for the info too.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 12:15 AM
Old Fart Forumer

^ Makes me want to get down to G-ville again real soon. Nice looking project for the skyline.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 4:01 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm1981
Oh yeah and have you checked out the new renderings for Palmetto banks new headquarters? Its on harpers website now. Looks sweet even though its only 4 stories.
You mean the one found here? That is the same rendering released to the public when the initial announcement was made. I think it will be a great addition/change to that part of downtown. Now if we could just get the "Gateway" tower built...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
The Pedestrian

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast