HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Because I don’t live in the city; but I love it and want to see it get on the same level of Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville etc. That’s why I ask questions and post in here.
That guy thinks he's the gatekeeper of New Orleans. The spokesperson, even. He stands by the parish line, hissing at people coming into the city from Jefferson, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. Tammany and St. James, screaming "You're not from New Orleans nor do you represent US!".

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
That guy thinks he's the gatekeeper of New Orleans. The spokesperson, even. He stands by the parish line, hissing at people coming into the city from Jefferson Parish, screaming "You're not from New Orleans nor do you represent US!".
LoL .. yeah he’s an interesting fella. I can hear him now: “Get off my parish lawn ya young whipper snappers !!” or “ You’re not from New Orleans - so don’t you be concerned or root’in for dis here town ya here ?! “ 😂😂😂

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 1:34 PM

BlueDot and kingque, why you find the need to come to a forum for a city you don't live in just to make fun of people is sad.

BlueDot, please stop asking for updates every other day. If there is an update, it will be posted without your prompt. Or just Google if for pete's sake. Appreciate your optimism about the city, but tone it down or just read posts instead of thinking your input is needed.

kingque, you have a way of inserting your personal politics into your comments that probably rubs people the wrong way. Just FYI.

Just trying to keep things civil here since y'all keep driving people away.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
BlueDot and kingque, why you find the need to come to a forum for a city you don't live in just to make fun of people is sad.

BlueDot, please stop asking for updates every other day. If there is an update, it will be posted without your prompt. Or just Google if for pete's sake. Appreciate your optimism about the city, but tone it down or just read posts instead of thinking your input is needed.

kingque, you have a way of inserting your personal politics into your comments that probably rubs people the wrong way. Just FYI.

Just trying to keep things civil here since y'all keep driving people away.
"I'm trying to keep things civil." As you make it uncivilized. Comedy.

Stop speaking on behalf of other people (or the city in general) and speak for yourself. You don't represent the city or its citizens and you can't tell me that I or anybody else shouldn't be on the board because we no longer live there. It's my city and it will always be my city, no matter what internet gatekeepers like you think. Regardless, I do and say whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want (as long as it isn't breaking the law, of course). It rubs you the wrong way because you're sensitive. You never have a problem when somebody agrees with you, but as soon as somebody says something you don't like, all of a sudden it's a problem. Loser behavior.

The nerve of you to tell somebody else to stop asking questions on an open forum. You're the reason why people left the board, not me or BlueDot. Tennis left because of YOU. Page 1031. All BlueDot does is ask questions and look for updates. How is that problematic? How is somebody's opinion problematic? Find one instance where I started any issue with anybody out of the blue. You won't. I don't start s**t, but I damn sure won't let anybody think they can tell me anything, whether we're online or face to face.

My entire family lives in New Orleans and I'm born and raised. 8th ward, St Aug grad and annually donate a nice chunk of change back to both my high school and university (Tulane University). My entire fam is from the 9. Why in the hell would I make fun of people in the city? I didn't move because I hate the city. I moved for my BUSINESS and to jump start my career. I'm in the city at least once a month, buddy. That is why I'm pro development, so that the city can thrive and be better than all these other vanilla places because it has that much untapped potential and I LOVE MY CITY. (Vanilla in style, not skin color )

I'm convinced you and that other guy are the same person. Please prove me wrong.

Last edited by kingque; Apr 3, 2024 at 3:09 PM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 3:35 PM

Quote:
That guy thinks he's the gatekeeper of New Orleans. The spokesperson, even. He stands by the parish line, hissing at people coming into the city from Jefferson, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. Tammany and St. James, screaming "You're not from New Orleans nor do you represent US!".
hes a weird one, calls people negative when hes actually the negative one. Im thinking hes related to the slumlord Joe Jager because it wasnt until he was mentioned that he got a hardon for me

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
hes a weird one, calls people negative when hes actually the negative one. Im thinking hes related to the slumlord Joe Jager because it wasnt until he was mentioned that he got a hardon for me
People are ridiculous on here, but I routinely have to remind myself that this is the internet. It's expected.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 3:54 PM

Quote:
"I'm trying to keep things civil." As you make it uncivilized. Comedy.

Stop speaking on behalf of other people (or the city in general) and speak for yourself. You don't represent the city or its citizens and you can't tell me that I or anybody else shouldn't be on the board because we no longer live there. It's my city and it will always be my city, no matter what internet gatekeepers like you think. Regardless, I do and say whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want (as long as it isn't breaking the law, of course). It rubs you the wrong way because you're sensitive. You never have a problem when somebody agrees with you, but as soon as somebody says something you don't like, all of a sudden it's a problem. Loser behavior.

The nerve of you to tell somebody else to stop asking questions on an open forum. You're the reason why people left the board, not me or BlueDot. Tennis left because of YOU. Page 1031. All BlueDot does is ask questions and look for updates. How is that problematic? How is somebody's opinion problematic? Find one instance where I started any issue with anybody out of the blue. You won't. I don't start s**t, but I damn sure won't let anybody think they can tell me anything, whether we're online or face to face.

My entire family lives in New Orleans and I'm born and raised. 8th ward, St Aug grad and annually donate a nice chunk of change back to both my high school and university (Tulane University). My entire fam is from the 9. Why in the hell would I make fun of people in the city? I didn't move because I hate the city. I moved for my BUSINESS and to jump start my career. I'm in the city at least once a month, buddy. That is why I'm pro development, so that the city can thrive and be better than all these other vanilla places because it has that much untapped potential and I LOVE MY CITY. (Vanilla in style, not skin color )

I'm convinced you and that other guy are the same person. Please prove me wrong.

OK buddy. It feels like multiple people are arguing with you on here, so maybe it has something to do with you and not me, but whatever. And it's not that you can't speak your opinion, but your opinion is often "these people are idiots for their opinion", which isn't very helpful.

Again, not trying to keep this going, just asking that you not be so smug about what you think is correct and understand that there can be different views - you can express your opinions without shutting down someone else's because you don't think they're "pro-development". We all love this city, regardless of where we live now, so don't assume someone is wrong or doesn't want to see the city succeed because of how they think it should be developed.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 4:06 PM

St. Charles Ave. property set for auction after owners give up on Marriott Moxy Hotel

Looks like developers gave up on the Moxy on St. Charles in the Warehouse District.

https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...c5730b425.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 4:45 PM

Renderings from recent permits

1100 Ursulines Hotel

Tulane Paterson Hall Replacement

UNO Pedestrian Improvements

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 5:17 PM

Quote:
OK buddy. It feels like multiple people are arguing with you on here, so maybe it has something to do with you and not me, but whatever. And it's not that you can't speak your opinion, but your opinion is often "these people are idiots for their opinion", which isn't very helpful.

Again, not trying to keep this going, just asking that you not be so smug about what you think is correct and understand that there can be different views - you can express your opinions without shutting down someone else's because you don't think they're "pro-development". We all love this city, regardless of where we live now, so don't assume someone is wrong or doesn't want to see the city succeed because of how they think it should be developed.
What do you mean it's multiple people? It's YOU and one other person. There are people that agree with what I'm saying. Look at the board. I'm interacting with them. The board doesn't lie.

You assume people are "right wingers" based on their ideas and opinions on things, without knowing a damn thing about them outside of their activity on this board. You MOCKED the most active person on the board when he let you know that he had an issue with how you were coming at him. You told a person that they shouldn't ask questions about the development around the city and made note to talk about how people that don't live in the city shouldn't be active on the board. You called people "unintelligent" because they are FOR Top Golf being built in the lot specified. You LIED and said that I make fun of residents of the city, like I'm not BORN AND RAISED from the soil and my family and friends aren't there. That would be me making fun of myself, you doof. I asked you to find where I did any of the things you've mentioned. Still haven't seen them... still waiting.

You sound ridiculous and no matter what people tell you, you're going to believe that you're right in the situation. The facts are all in your face, but as Hans Rosling stated in his book "Factfulness", people that are stuck in their delusional way of thinking can look at pure facts and STILL not change the way they view things.

This is a waste of time. I'm not talking to you anymore. Continue acting like the board police, like you run things. This is a public forum. You have no power or authority. This isn't real life. You're acting like a grade school kid, that got appointed hall monitor. You are Randall from the cartoon Recess.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 5:35 PM

Quote:
What do you mean it's multiple people? It's YOU and one other person. There are people that agree with what I'm saying. Look at the board. I'm interacting with them. The board doesn't lie.

You assume people are "right wingers" based on their ideas and opinions on things, without knowing a damn thing about them outside of their activity on this board. You MOCKED the most active person on the board when he let you know that he had an issue with how you were coming at him. You told a person that they shouldn't ask questions about the development around the city and made note to talk about how people that don't live in the city shouldn't be active on the board. You called people "unintelligent" because they are FOR Top Golf being built in the lot specified. You LIED and said that I make fun of residents of the city, like I'm not BORN AND RAISED from the soil and my family and friends aren't there. That would be me making fun of myself, you doof. I asked you to find where I did any of the things you've mentioned. Still haven't seen them... still waiting.

You sound ridiculous and no matter what people tell you, you're going to believe that you're right in the situation. The facts are all in your face, but as Hans Rosling stated in his book "Factfulness", people that are stuck in their delusional way of thinking can look at pure facts and STILL not change the way they view things.

This is a waste of time. I'm not talking to you anymore. Continue acting like the board police, like you run things. This is a public forum. You have no power or authority. This isn't real life. You're acting like a grade school kid, that got appointed hall monitor. You are Randall from the cartoon Recess.
Sounds good. I'll post development updates, you post why locals are idiots and should just build stuff to be more like ATL, and we can leave each other alone. Please don't comment on anything I post going forward. Good luck out there in the world, sounds like it's tough for you.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Sounds good. I'll post development updates, you post why locals are idiots and should just build stuff to be more like ATL, and we can leave each other alone. Please don't comment on anything I post going forward. Good luck out there in the world, sounds like it's tough for you.
More projection/delusion and language that I never said LMFAOOOO. Didn't address any FACTS that I stated. That's what losers do. Yeah, I'm really struggling with my fulfilling career and businesses with my hot wife. Stop DM'ing me. If you have something to say, put it on the board. I'll continue doing what I want, when I want, however I want.

Pro tip: Stop judging people based on who they vote for. Act like an adult and stop crying because somebody doesn't agree with you. This is you in February, in my DMs. You have issues that you need to sort out.

"sorry for the back-and-forth, my beef was more with Tennis - i still hold it against him for voting for Trump and can't get over it haha.

i know we both love nola and want what's best for it. regardless of where it gets put, happy to see things getting built! apologize again if i sounded like an ass.

-mike"

Last edited by kingque; Apr 3, 2024 at 6:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:27 PM

Quote:
More projection/delusion and language that I never said LMFAOOOO. Didn't address any FACTS that I stated. That's what losers do. Yeah, I'm really struggling with my fulfilling career and businesses with my hot wife. Stop DM'ing me. If you have something to say, put it on the board. I'll continue doing what I want, when I want, however I want.

Pro tip: Stop judging people based on who they vote for. Act like an adult and stop crying because somebody doesn't agree with you. This is you in February, in my DMs. You have issues that you need to sort out.

"sorry for the back-and-forth, my beef was more with Tennis - i still hold it against him for voting for Trump and can't get over it haha.

i know we both love nola and want what's best for it. regardless of where it gets put, happy to see things getting built! apologize again if i sounded like an ass.

-mike"
Congrats on your wife and job, what an accomplishment for someone with your obvious limitations. I'm messaging you privately to avoid bothering everyone else with this back and forth, but you clearly just want to argue publicly instead of taking this offline and leaving the forum for development news. I even tried to be nice in my message and apologize, but you aren't mature enough to accept that. Obviously you'll respond to this with more bragging about your personal success and self-sabotaging claims of superiority, but I'm begging you to give it a rest and get back to what this forum is about.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Congrats on your wife and job, what an accomplishment for someone with your obvious limitations. I'm messaging you privately to avoid bothering everyone else with this back and forth, but you clearly just want to argue publicly instead of taking this offline and leaving the forum for development news. I even tried to be nice in my message and apologize, but you aren't mature enough to accept that. Obviously you'll respond to this with more bragging about your personal success and self-sabotaging claims of superiority, but I'm begging you to give it a rest and get back to what this forum is about.
Now I'm limited. Oh boy.

YOU'RE the one who began the personal attacks, you idiot. YOU apologized because YOU were wrong. This is YOUR fault. YOU made this site fall off the rails over the last few pages. YOU did everything I said YOU did and I cited my sources. And now YOU'RE mad because somebody is defending themselves and rubbing YOUR nose in the mess YOU caused, wanting it to remain private. F**k outta here with that bs.

Deal with it.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Now I'm limited. Oh boy.

YOU'RE the one who began the personal attacks, you idiot. YOU apologized because YOU were wrong. This is YOUR fault. YOU made this site fall off the rails over the last few pages. YOU did everything I said YOU did and I cited my sources. And now YOU'RE mad because somebody is defending themselves and rubbing YOUR nose in the mess YOU caused, wanting it to remain private. F**k outta here with that bs.

Deal with it.
Just found your website and Twitter. I now understand fully. Peace out, incel.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Just found your website and Twitter. I now understand fully. Peace out, incel.

I have no reason to hide my identity.

Post my twitter, then post yours. I'll wait.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:55 PM

Quote:

I have no reason to hide my identity.

Post my twitter, then post yours. I'll wait.
I won't post an account that retweets Elon Musk and Ben Shapiro

Also, FYI:

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 6:57 PM

I've wasted enough of my free time with that LOSER.

Has there been any updates on the River District hearing that got postponed some weeks back? I couldn't find anything anywhere after a quick search.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 7:00 PM

Quote:
I won't post an account that retweets Elon Musk and Ben Shapiro

Also, FYI:

Thank GAWD!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Looks like the vote got pushed back. Developers and residents are still at odds. https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...26945.amp.html
Yeah. This one. I'm assuming there's been no updates as of today? I'm interested to see how this turns out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations