HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 6:51 PM

Exclamation

It may be some time before anything happens on the Peacock site. The contractor, Rodgers Builders, was released from the project a couple of weeks ago.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 7:46 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
It may be some time before anything happens on the Peacock site. The contractor, Rodgers Builders, was released from the project a couple of weeks ago.
Can we assume that means Harper will get the job? Someone working for them recently said something about hurrying up on McBee Station so they could get started on The Peacock and The Bookends projects. This may not have been exactly what I heard, but it sounded similar. Interesting...

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Both phases of The Bookends will be located on either side of the Spring Street Parking Garage, which was built by the City of Greenville and has won major architectural design awards. In the first photo below, you can see the construction barriers in place to direct traffic around The Peacock Hotel & Spa site. The Washington (phase II of The Bookends) will be built on the end of the garage furthest away in the photo.

Here is a photo of the Spring Street Parking Garage at night:

G-man, I believe that the work being done at The Shops at The Point is the new Fleming's steakhouse.
Wow...that's a nice new development. I was just down in S-burg over Thanksgiving...I should have jumped down to Greenville.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 7:54 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Wow...that's a nice new development. I was just down in S-burg over Thanksgiving...I should have jumped down to Greenville.
It isn't too late to come on down for a visit! Downtown Greenville is a destination you could easily make time for, whether just a daytrip or an entire weekend. I don't know what you thought of Spartanburg, but I'm sure you would be very impressed with Greenville. Come on down anytime!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. May I ask who this is? Also, I already knew about this new development project coming to Easley that will create 300 jobs because I live less than a mile away, but now it's official. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...WS01/612140350

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
It isn't too late to come on down for a visit! Downtown Greenville is a destination you could easily make time for, whether just a daytrip or an entire weekend. I don't know what you thought of Spartanburg, but I'm sure you would be very impressed with Greenville. Come on down anytime!
I just may to do. I'll be back in York County for over a week beginning on Saturday. My cousin lives in Spartanburg, so I always visit when I head back south.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Well i work for Harper and we probably are definetly not doing that job. We have our hands full with other projects. They will probably get another contractor from atlanta or charlotte to do it. Maybe like Pyramid or something. If we were going to do it then i would have heard something of it. Rogers builders is definetly not up to the task of building such an elegant building IMHO after i saw some of their mess ups on the Greenville Hospital System.

-Evan

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 6:07 PM

Six little league baseball fields are to be built on old Greenville Braves stadium site. More info: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...WS01/612160301

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 6:32 PM

More info on six baseball fields to be built on old Greenville Braves stadium site: http://councilagendas.greatergreenvi...06/Item13a.pdf

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 6:48 PM

Some info on the Windsor/Aughtry project at Main and Broad Streets: http://councilagendas.greatergreenvi...006/Item9g.pdf

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 9:51 PM

Announcement regarding Pinnacle on Main groundbreaking most likely to come next week if weather is cooperative and if construction equipment is available and approved.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 11:34 PM

Pinnacle should get started good with this record heat wave we are having....lol...jk

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 11:37 PM

^^^Very true, Erm. I noticed that you guys started laying brick on the Publix, while driving over the Church St. bridge today. Looks nice.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 3:27 AM

Thanks. Yeah i think they made a good choice with the brick. I helped build the arch that is closest to that corner near the bridge. It turned out nicely :-). There is still a whole lot of development that has yet to rise in mcbee station. All the condos and staples is just getting on the ground now with the precast concrete walls. Its going to be a lot of work for us.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2006, 5:24 PM

Downtown Greenville is plain out neat. Looks like a lot of good development is going on there.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 10:03 PM
The Pedestrian

Great collection, and thanks for posting these for gsupstate, G-man.

Here is a photo of Washington Street as it crosses Main Street. On the extreme left, you can see the blank wall where the second phase of The Bookends will be built:

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 1:21 AM

Mall demolition continues. Update pics taken today: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...2180804&Ref=PH

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 10:15 AM
Old Fart Forumer

g-man. I can't think of too many forumers who rep their city with the same enthusiasm as you. I think that's great, and even if the replies aren't pouring in, you know folks are checking out all the info you supply. Just saying thanks.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 5:38 PM

^^^You're quite welcome, man.

City, county push for meeting on GTA money woes. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...WS01/612190388

City annexes former mall site; also prepares to sell stadium. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...65/1004/NEWS01

Easley growth brings jobs. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...13/1004/NEWS01

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast