HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 7:14 PM

9 Inch Nails STudio

http://uptownmessenger.com/2011/10/r...ing-questions/

I knew about it but never knew where it was...i hope they freaking wave the 60 parking space requirement, that would be absolutely absurd if they tried to enforce that.

Quote:
Former Nine Inch Nails recording studio slated for redevelopment into doctor’s office, shops

For six years, the brooding former funeral home on Magazine Street that served for nearly a decade as a recording studio for musician Trent Reznor has sat vacant. Now, its new owners are taking the first steps to give it new life as a mix of office and retail space, but are hampered by one of the most common obstacles to development in Uptown New Orleans: parking.
In other news HRI / Woodward closed on the permanent financing for the Hibernia building. Thus far the interim financing has funded interior demolition (which I see everyday and is rapidlly advancing) and can now forward with actual construction.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Impressive. Where did they say this firm was chosen to build stadium?

Update:

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/louisiana-n...ium-for-tulane

I think its good news for Tulane in general.

New item on bidclerk today:

[New project.] 1743803 New Orleans, LA Restaurant, Retail 11/15/2011
Description Site work and new construction of a commercial development in New Orleans. Design plans call for the construction of a shopping center with 15 new retail spaces and a restaurant. Drawings are being finalized. A general contractor has been selected...Click here for complete Project Details
Nothing to write home about. It's Elmwood Shopping Center.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 3:54 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Cletus View Post
Nothing to write home about. It's Elmwood Shopping Center.
How did that end up in the New Orleans section I wonder? lol thanks for the information though

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 3:58 AM

Quote:
How did that end up in the New Orleans section I wonder? lol thanks for the information though
A lot of places out there have a New Orleans address and 701## zip code if I'm not mistaken.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
A lot of places out there have a New Orleans address and 701## zip code if I'm not mistaken.
Yep. New Orleans, LA 70123.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Because of the mailing address. Elmwood is in the 70123 ZIP which is listed as New Orleans, LA 70123.

EDIT: Sorry, I replied before seeing this had already been answered.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 2:51 PM

Various Items

Quote:
Lafitte Greenway project will be discussed at community meetings
New Orleans officials will hold a second round of community planning meetings this week to gather comments on proposals for developing the Lafitte Corridor. The meetings, tonight at Grace Episcopal Church and Thursday night at Sojourner Truth Neighborhood Center, are a follow-up to meetings held in August....
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ject_will.html
Quote:
Rouses Market on Baronne Street fills void in Central Business District

The odd sight of New Orleanians makin' groceries in the 700 block of Baronne Street on Tuesday morning offered the latest evidence that the city's once-moribund downtown is continuing to morph from a land of surface parking lots and blighted buildings into a living, breathing neighborhood. The debut of a 40,000-square foot Rouses Market -- the first full-service grocery to open its doors in the Central Business District in 45 years -- fills a void for a sector that has seen significant residential growth in the past decade.....

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...ntown_new.html
Quote:
Lagging Summit Fremaux development in Slidell will be completed, developer says

Although the opening of Slidell's Summit Fremaux retail complex is already 20 months behind schedule, the Alabama developer in charge of the project is steadfastly dedicated to its completion, the firm's president assured the city on Tuesday. Jeffrey Bayer, president of Bayer Properties, now hopes a smaller-scale Summit debuts in 2013 between the spring and fall.....

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...x_develop.html
I love how people in St. Tammany are sooo excited about a skybridge....

Quote:
Landscape-altering sky bridge officially opens at Covington hospital

With a snip of some oversize scissors Tuesday afternoon, the ribbon was cut on the latest phase of St. Tammany Parish Hospital -- a sky bridge towering 27 feet over busy Tyler Street below, linking the main hospital to its new medical services building. The $3 million pedestrian bridge, the first of its kind in St. Tammany Parish, not only provides a new gateway to the city of Covington, but announces the hospital as a regional medical player, hospital President and Chief Executive Officer Patti Ellish said....

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ky_bridge.html
The more port investment the better:

Quote:
Port of South Louisiana to sell bonds to finance new pier at Globalplex cargo terminal

The Port of South Louisiana has voted to sell $8 million in bonds to help finance construction of its new finger pier at the port's Globalplex cargo terminal. The 700-foot pier, now estimated to cost between $21 million and $22 million, has been slowed by high water and the discovery of sunken barges in its footprint. The barges had to be removed....

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...na_to_sel.html

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 5:13 PM

South Market District

The Rouses article contained some quotes about the South Market District that were the first bit of substance I've heard since the project was announced. So the project breaks ground next Summer. It's further away than I hoped, but at least it's alive and kicking.

Quote:
Matt Schwartz, principal at the Domain Cos., said he expects to break ground on the project next summer.
Quote:
"The city has approved Domain's infrastructure plan, its request to close a lane of traffic in each direction on Girod Street so that it could widen the sidewalks to support outdoor cafes, and a zoning change to allow those cafes.

Meanwhile, state Rep. Helena Moreno passed a bill in the Louisiana Legislature earlier this year that extended the definition of the Louisiana Enterprise Zone Act to include South Market District to help the project's financing.

Domain hopes to use New Markets Tax Credits to help finance the project. The company should have a better idea of how the financing will work out in January after the federal government allocates the amount of tax credits that will be available."

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 5:16 PM
TL;DR

I'm still waiting for renderings. The existing ones are just conceptual and probably not reflective of the final design.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 5:32 PM

Hibernia Building moves forward

Quote:
HRI, Woodward close on financing for Hibernia Building redevelopment

HRI Properties and Woodward Interest have closed on the full $57.3 million financing to convert the Hibernia Bank Building downtown into a mixed-used space, allowing the work to move past interior demolition and into redevelopment.
More apartments coming online in downtown

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/th...redevelopment/

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 6:59 PM
-

Im trying to upload pdf files but cant figure out a way to make it bigger?

Heres a link to the pdf if anyone wants to try and post it bigger:

http://freepdfhosting.com/eb106299a4.pdf

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 7:22 PM
TL;DR

This is the Audubon Building?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 7:45 PM
-

Yes but The Saint Hotel. I have many others but I cant figure out away to load it and show larger? anyone have any ides?

Not in the city but close item. What girls school is this for in Marrero?

1133002 Marrero, LA Educational 11/16/2011
Description Site work and new construction of an educational development in Marrero. Working drawings call for the construction of a Catholic high school campus for girls, including classrooms, a gymnasium, an 800-seat auditorium, a campus ministry, a library, p...Click here for complete Project Details

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
The Rouses article contained some quotes about the South Market District that were the first bit of substance I've heard since the project was announced. So the project breaks ground next Summer. It's further away than I hoped, but at least it's alive and kicking.
That's disappointing as for some reason I thought they were breaking ground in beginning of 2012. Judging from the article, looks like they still have multiple parts of their financing to line up. Hope it works out.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 11:27 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Yes but The Saint Hotel. I have many others but I cant figure out away to load it and show larger? anyone have any ides?

Description Site work and new construction of an educational development in Marrero. Working drawings call for the construction of a Catholic high school campus for girls, including classrooms, a gymnasium, an 800-seat auditorium, a campus ministry, a library, p...Click here for complete Project Details
If you're working from your iPhone, I have no idea. If you're on a computer, you could just take a screencap of the PDF.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Immaculata and Blenk consolidated after the storm. It's now the Academy of Our Lady, but didn't know they were building a new campus.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:

That's the new Academy of Our Lady that's being built next to Shaw. It's been in the works for awhile. Here's a link for more info: http://clarionherald.info/clarion/in...ting-to-future

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 2:10 AM
-

renderings of The Maestri Hotel on St Charles Avenue.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 3:07 AM

Anything new on 1031?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 6:16 AM
-

Two engineering projects in Southeast Louisiana have made the Popular Science year end review

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2011/prod...-surge-barrier

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2011/prod...rsabar-vb10000

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations