HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 9:40 PM

Also, Fiorenza, I appreciate your comment and think it's valid given Atlanta's past history with race issues and for anyone involved politically in this city. Your comment is a very valid and constant theme here that those uninvolved fail to grasp or realize. This is a forum for people to discuss opinions and thoughts which many seem to feel is wrong if it's not their opinion or thought or contrarian to their mindset.

It's better to discuss rationally then to sugar coat and pretend things aren't there which clearly are.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
Novice RealEstate Magnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
...and some numbers:

1970: 496,000
1980: 425,000
1990: 394,000
2000: 416,000
2005: 470,000
2010: ?

My guess for 2010 is 530,000
Does anyone have ethnicity percentages to match with these numbers?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 10:24 PM
Go Thrashers

I personally don't feel the mayor would try and annex to keep the city one way or the other, but the rest of city council..who knows.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 3:58 PM
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Creech View Post
Absolutely, the suburbs can't really handle, don't have the infrastructure, and the citizens have no desire for more density, traffic, etc.
Not always true. I live in a high density area of Smyrna (Smyrnings), and nothing would be better for the value of my condo than for the area of Smyrna/Vinings to become more dense and developed with mixed retail/townhomes. It probably depends on what suburb. Sandy Springs and Smyrna are a little different than Woodstock and Kenessaw in terms of what people are willing to tolerate or even welcome in their areas.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Not always true. I live in a high density area of Smyrna (Smyrnings), and nothing would be better for the value of my condo than for the area of Smyrna/Vinings to become more dense and developed with mixed retail/townhomes. It probably depends on what suburb. Sandy Springs and Smyrna are a little different than Woodstock and Kenessaw in terms of what people are willing to tolerate or even welcome in their areas.

I'd love to see some suburban area (and some have done it on a limited scale), require development to be on master planned street grids, with node retail zoning, and "urban" planning areas with higher density.

Maybe the cities or counties could built a master grid with the larger streets and designate the retail/shopping nodes, and high density areas, then just require developers to "fill-in" the grid on a master plan with the feeder streets, sewer lines, electrical, etc.

Just with the cobbling together of most surburban areas, one isolated subdivision at a time, and endless strip malls, it's hard.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta