HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Aug 29, 2008, 2:38 PM
Closed account

Well whoever is trying to get the crane out of there is what I was talking about. Sad the pier didn't have a smooth sailing though and turned out the way it was supposed to. But accidents do happen. It should be nice when it's all done though whenever that will be. I can't wait to see it finished.

By the way, how long is this pier supposed to be?

Last edited by MsMe; Aug 29, 2008 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt602 View Post
I was gonna say something about the "Burlington Bashing" but Ted put it better than I would have. Seriously guys, come on.
Here is another guy that saw something in those words. I am not the only one "drinking the Kool-Aid", as a good online friend of mine likes to say.

Anyway, whatever. Earlier in the thread, someone asked if anyone had been to the event in the past. I have been there several times and have had a good time. It is pretty much what you might expect. I seem to remember that the ribs were a bit on the expensive side at most of the places, but tasty.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 1:32 AM
Closed account

The pier is going to be 132 m and with an S shape. Long pier it will be.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2008, 2:38 AM
Hammer'd

I went on Saturday night, it was pretty good. I've never been, so the incredible amount of people and LONG lines was pretty annoying but well worth it. Best pulled pork sandwich ever. The prices were pretty damn steep as well. I was in for about $20 for that sandwich, lemonade and some funnel cake. I suppose that's to be expected though, as it was all quality.

I wish the HSR had bumped up service along the Parkdale during the event though. We ended up getting one of the last ones back to Hamilton and got stuck sitting on the QEW for 45 minutes because all Niagara bound traffic was being diverted across the lift bridge, which happened to be raised for a long time basically trapping ALL of the traffic from Toronto to Niagara Falls. Not fun.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Sep 2, 2008, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
Here is another guy that saw something in those words. I am not the only one "drinking the Kool-Aid", as a good online friend of mine likes to say.

Anyway, whatever. Earlier in the thread, someone asked if anyone had been to the event in the past. I have been there several times and have had a good time. It is pretty much what you might expect. I seem to remember that the ribs were a bit on the expensive side at most of the places, but tasty.
Not only are you drinking the cool-aid but you're also mixing it..

Old Posted Sep 2, 2008, 3:06 AM
Hammer'd

He spoke the truth. I don't know anything about ribs, but $20 for a full rack seems pricey to me.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Sep 2, 2008, 3:14 AM
Closed account

It's only a bit cheaper if you are able to go on Friday afternoon. Unfortunatly the coupon is only good for that day. I didn't go this year as I am still not feeling too great and money is tight this month.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2008, 3:34 AM
Closed account

I did Mustard Fest 3 times, Labour Day parade and TiCat game....had a killer weekend.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion