HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 7, 2006, 1:25 AM
Aimless Wanderer

Northern Ontario developments!

I thought i'd start this thread to show that there is indeed development going on in some of the cities and towns of Northern Ontario, so anyone who lives up in this neck of the woods please feel free to contribute pics and articles here!

Here are some pics and articles highlighting some of the development going in my city of North Bay.

Today i went and took these pics of the construction site of the new Watersun condominium on Lakeshore Drive, too bad it's not taller, but it's coming along nicely!

This pic is looking down the beach towards another condo building called 'The Beaches'.

I was on the city bus a few days ago and (somewhat unsuccessfully) snapped this pic of the tower crane at the site of the new city filtration plant on Trout Lake.

Construction is also getting underway on the new city transit terminal on Oak Street in downtown North Bay, here's a recent article about the project:

Finally, here's a small rendering of the 6 storey phase of the Marina Point development that is currently under construction two blocks to the west of the transit terminal. The 3 and 4 storey phases are well underway, so hopefully this next phase will start construction soon. Tomorrow i'll take some photos of the site, when it's completed it going to be a huge development and will bring quite a boost to the downtown core!

More to follow! So, what else is happening up here in the so-called North?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario