HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 9:45 PM

I wonder if they would expand to Moncton in another location if they couldn't get in CF Champlain.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 11:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sunrise Records is coming to Moncton:

Quote:
All Store Staff

Sunrise Records - Moncton, NB

Are you passionate about music, movies and pop culture? Sunrise Records, a growing Canadian entertainment retailer is opening new stores. We’re looking for a great person to join our store teams throughout the country!

Positions: Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Key Holder & Sales Associate

TO APPLY:

Please email your resume and cover letter to: careers [at] sunriserecords [dot] com . Please include job title in the subject line.

Please visit www.sunriserecords.com for more information about Sunrise Records
https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Sunrise-Re...=Store+Manager

The only question will be whether they're in Champlain Place or not.

I'm sure they would prefer to be in Champlain, and it's the sort of store that would thrive in a mall environment. The question is whether they can negotiate a fair lease agreement with Cadillac Fairview. If they don't go to Champlain, there are vacancies available in Wheeler Park, the Mapleton Centre and the Northwest Centre.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 13, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 12:56 AM

Half joke here, find a nice location for it downtown, with Spin-it already downtown, Sunrise it would make a great addition. It would be popular and would attract business, just like spin-it does. There are always lots of people that in that store.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 12:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction drywall going up around the old GAP location at Champlain Place.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 3:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Lot's of wild speculation going on over at the "Retail Talk & Share" Facebook page about new stores at Champlain Place (especially rumours of Aritzia and Forever 21). These are of course unsubstantiated at this point, and F21 in particular would require new construction at the mall or wholesale consolidation of multiple store fronts (like they did for H&M). I'm not going to hold my breath over these rumours.

Still, things seem to be picking up at Champlain with a number of store fronts walled in to allow for renovations, relocations and new tenants. The next several months should be quite interesting.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 11:46 AM

I sure hope it is one of those two because Champlain really need something new and soon. With that being said I think Aritzia could be coming to the old Gap location, it would be the right size for this retailer. Aritzia is an upscale Canadian retailer and expanding aggressively, this might be it. I don't believe that Aritzia would go in the old West49 location, it is too upscale to be in the middle of a food court, it's a bad idea... and smells. Forever 21 is a fairly large store, as large or larger than H&M sometimes, so I'm not sure where it could go inside Champlain at this point. I always thought Urban Planet would go and be replaced by Forever21...

Last edited by OUIR@random; Mar 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 12:22 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Here's an out of the box idea...what if Sunrise Records goes in the old Gap...CF merges former Tommy H, International Clothiers, HMV...that corner becomes F21?? I feel like former Gap is too big for Sunrise though, even without the kids section.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 12:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

That could work.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 1:37 AM

They might subdivide the old gap it in smaller spaces, lets say Sunrise and some other store, is there a building permit attached anywhere?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 3:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, here's the list of Champlain retailers on the move (temporary quarters), soon to arrive or rumoured:

Temporary spaces:
- West 49
- Ecko Unlimited
- RUA Sports Fanatic
- Home Essence
- Country Lane

Soon to arrive:
- Sunrise Records (I can't imagine them not locating in the mall)
- Saje Natural Wellness

Rumoured:
- Aerie (there is a pretty strong rumour that it is Aerie that will locate where the GAP used to be, decamping their shared space with American Eagle)
- Aritizia (reasonably possible)
- Forever 21 (or F21 Red), wishful thinking I imagine
- possible unnamed restaurant

Like I said, in the end, this might end up being an eventful year at Champlain Place, especially if the rumours end up being true. In any event, the next 1-2 years will be make or break years for Champlain Place........

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
So, here's the list of Champlain retailers on the move (temporary quarters), soon to arrive or rumoured:

Temporary spaces:
- West 49
- Ecko Unlimited
- RUA Sports Fanatic
- Home Essence
- Country Lane

Soon to arrive:
- Saje Natural Wellness

Rumoured:
- Aerie (there is a pretty strong rumour that it is Aerie that will locate where the GAP used to be, decamping their shared space with American Eagle)

Like I said, in the end, this might end up being an eventful year at Champlain Place, especially if the rumours end up being true. In any event, the next 1-2 years will be make or break years for Champlain Place........
There is also the talk about one or multiple restaurants and well as the space surrounding Peoples and fruits & passion.

Another interesting thing to note. On the floor plan it lists the former Gap & Aldo spaces as vacant but doesn't show a square footage.
Also on the store listings list it has phone numbers for all of the stores except ones we believe are temporary. That list includes Aldo (due to its renovation) Ecko Unlimited, Globo (coming soon), H&R Block(going next to spring), Home Essence/Country Lane, Manor Hill Flags, Urban Kids & West 49

Also of note, Globo shoes in Dartmouth is 7,000 sq/ft, so does anyone think it could be one of the larger spaces in the mall?

Last edited by josh_cat_eyes; Mar 15, 2017 at 4:36 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 5:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Right, forgot about Aldo and Globo.

Actually, this is the first confirmation that Globo is indeed coming to Moncton (previously rumoured, but now confirmed on the Champlain Place store directory)

So, here's the (revised) list of Champlain retailers on the move (temporary quarters), soon to arrive or rumoured:

Temporary spaces:
- West 49
- Ecko Unlimited
- RUA Sports Fanatic
- Home Essence
- Country Lane

Renovating:
- Aldo

Soon to arrive:
- Saje Natural Wellness
- Globo Shoes

Rumoured:

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 12:27 PM

The average size of a Forever 21 is 38 000 square feet. I have no clue where people expect this to go in Champlain...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 12:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
The average size of a Forever 21 is 38 000 square feet. I have no clue where people expect this to go in Champlain...
Indeed that is the issue (and why I suggested that the talk about F21 was "wishful thinking").

Even if they combined the spaces for the old Tommy store, HMV and International Clothiers together, this would only be slightly over half the usual square footage of an F21. I suppose a smaller scale F21 Red might be possible, but if people think Champlain Place is getting a full F21 then I'll have to haul out my proposal for an expansion wing to the mall again........

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 4:46 PM

1. Hudson's Bay Co is interested in buying luxury department store chain Neiman Marcus. I believe this is even more interesting than the failed attempt to buy Macy's. From what we've seen from the market, luxury brand retailers are doing better than mid-level chains like Macy's. If this goes through, HBC will own several prestigious deparment store chains; Lord and Taylor, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and German chain Galeria Kaufhof. I don't expect any of those chains here in Moncton other than Hudson's Bay, but this is interesting news nonetheless.

2. Hudson's Bay should be coming to Champlain at some point, the question is... is Sears at Champlain one of the better performing stores within the Sears Canada organization? If so, it might be one of the last to go... The Sears space at Champlain is owned by Sears and not CF, so that might be another element to the equation.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Mar 15, 2017 at 6:06 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 8:30 PM

I'm glad you mentioned that OUIR@.
People keep forgetting Sears is not part of the mall and not owned by CF, unless they very recently sold the property to them. (Which is entirely possible LOL!)

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that OUIR@.
People keep forgetting Sears is not part of the mall and not owned by CF, unless they very recently sold the property to them. (Which is entirely possible LOL!)
Sold on jan 29th 2015 for 17.5 million dollars according to the snb property assessment website, does not say to who but thats the last time it was sold, now could be a business thing of moving assets in the company but also could have been sold to CF.

https://paol.snb.ca/paol.html?v=1.0....n&pan=01845924

You can check on here, recently sold properties are generally highlighted in green but sometimes not.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
1. Hudson's Bay Co is interested in buying luxury department store chain Neiman Marcus. I believe this is even more interesting than the failed attempt to buy Macy's. From what we've seen from the market, luxury brand retailers are doing better than mid-level chains like Macy's. If this goes through, HBC will own several prestigious deparment store chains; Lord and Taylor, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and German chain Galeria Kaufhof. I don't expect any of those chains here in Moncton other than Hudson's Bay, but this is interesting news nonetheless.

2. Hudson's Bay should be coming to Champlain at some point, the question is... is Sears at Champlain one of the better performing stores within the Sears Canada organization? If so, it might be one of the last to go... The Sears space at Champlain is owned by Sears and not CF, so that might be another element to the equation.
the article I read about the Bay said Neiman Marcus approached Hudson's Bay wanting to be bought and in the same article, it said Hudson's Bay was looking into merging with Macy's rather than buying Macy's.

I wonder if all these things are a good or bad idea in what some say how the department stores are dying out.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Sold on jan 29th 2015 for 17.5 million dollars according to the snb property assessment website, does not say to who but thats the last time it was sold, now could be a business thing of moving assets in the company but also could have been sold to CF.

You can check on here, recently sold properties are generally highlighted in green but sometimes not.
Thats a great site! You can tell that Costco hasn't bought any land on Harrisville as none of the speculated land has sold recently.
However, a large parcel of land east of the Harrisville TCH interchange, on the south side, sold last week. Hopefully Costco isn't who bought it though.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post

CF Champlain had purchased the site back from Sears Canada. Hence why they where none to pleased when the old Sears Garage was Subdivided without permission.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces