HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 7:38 PM

As Baydo Towers are rentals and not condos, there is a huge demand for that in Saskatoon. The tower on Main Street just off of Broadway looked to be fully leased/occupied as soon as it opened! I have no doubt Baydo can lease all the units...just a matter of when they are ready! So it is not surprising to see the 2nd Tower going ahead.

Now leasing the commercial space is another matter....seems to take a while. Baydo's Tower on Broadway has finally leased their main ground level commercial space. Work has started on it, but no signs as to what is going in there. Speaking of their leased space in the Broadway building...I highly recommend Dough Box Pizza....excellent variety of wood fire oven baked pizza and pasta! We live in the area and it has become our new fave.

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 9:40 PM
Has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
...I highly recommend Dough Box Pizza....excellent variety of wood fire oven baked pizza and pasta! We live in the area and it has become our new fave.
Quoted for truth.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibblyJibbly View Post
I don’t know. They were delayed with foundation issues at the beginning of construction, but I believe this June will mark 4 years since the hole was dug.

I may be wrong. It might be 3. But being where they are at with three years of building is baffling to me. It’s a fairly straightforward residential tower, so I’m unsure why the progress is so slow.

I’m just happy that it looks like the 2nd tower is going ahead. For a while there it looked like they gave up on that one.
Almost 4 years to the day since they started on site. The link below takes you to page 4 of the Baydo Towers thread, where roryn1 posted a photo on May 12, 2020, showing them mobilized to site with construction underway.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...=242546&page=4

edit: Looks like they started digging the hole on May 26, 2020, based on another photo from roryn1 on page 5 of that thread. Shoring was already underway.

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:33 PM

Martensville approves regional fire training facility agreement

May 08, 2024

Clark's Crossing Gazette

By TERRY PUGH

The City of Martensville has given its stamp of approval to a contract for a firefighter training facility that will be shared with the City of Saskatoon and City of Warman.

Martensville City Council voted to approve the contract at a meeting on Tuesday, May 7.

The City of Warman is currently reviewing, but has not yet approved, the contract.

Construction of the Regional Fire Training Grounds, located on a 40-acre parcel of land two kilometers south of Martensville in the RM of Corman Park, began in September, 2022, with the first phase of the project completed in the summer of 2023.

[........]

Read more:
https://www.ccgazette.ca/articles/ma...ing-agreement/

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:41 PM

50,000 square foot development in the works for southeast Saskatoon

CJWW Radio

By Carol Thomson

May 6, 2024

Saskatoon’s south Costco will have a new neighbour in the future. Spokesperson with the Islamic Association of Saskatchewan, Aqeel Wahab, says back in 1980 the Association bought 12 acres of land by what is now the south Costco, but at that point, would have just been a field a fair distance from the city.

Fundraising is now underway for a new mosque and although the project has been in the works for a few years, Wahab says with the number of Muslims in Saskatoon having grown, it has ramped up the project. It will include a Prayer Hall that can fit 2,500 people and will be about 50,000 square feet. Wahab says larger events can happen at the new location when it is built and there will be plenty of parking.

[..........]

Read more:
https://www.cjwwradio.com/2024/05/06...ast-saskatoon/

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Does anyone know if that planned residential tower at the top of University bridge is still in the works?

Old Posted Today, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibblyJibbly View Post
Does anyone know if that planned residential tower at the top of University bridge is still in the works?
As much as anything from North Prairie in the city centre is....

At least, that is my guess. There was an amendment to the zoning sometime in the last year to slightly change something, so presumably they may proceed with it at some point, but North Prairie is notorious for sitting on parcels for ages.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan