HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 6:41 PM
NOLA Razorback

NO Convention and Visitors Bureau

https://trahanarchitects.com/work/nola-cvb/

Noticed this project finally looks under construction when I drove by earlier! Really excited about this one.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 6:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
https://trahanarchitects.com/work/nola-cvb/

Noticed this project finally looks under construction when I drove by earlier! Really excited about this one.
its supposed to start any day now.. what did you see out there?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 6:44 PM
-

4141 Bienville Ave, suite 100·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 4T21N6
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Edr Architects
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/5/2018
Closed:
No
Description
INTERIOR RENOVATION AND 1,612 SF ADDITION TO EXISTING 15,467 SF OFFICE SPACE. THE RENOVATION AND EXPANSION WILL OCCUR IN THREE PHASES AS SHOWN IN THE DRAWINGS. THIS PERMIT APPLICATION IS FOR THE FIRST PHASE.

djsnola
418 Girod St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code: 8UQSZR
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Douglas Rodrigue
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/5/2018
Closed:
No
Description
418 Girod St vacant commercial space build-out for ~1807 square foot dental clinic. Part of larger 425 Notre Dame [Unit B] Development.

1117 Governor Nicholls St·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA No. 18-52 · Ref Code: YXA271
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
Kathy Kane
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/6/2018
Closed:
No
Description
The applicant is appealing the use of a single stair means of egress from a four story R-2 occupancy. the buiding proposed is a six unit apartment building with parking at the ground level and three occupied floors above with 2 living units per floor.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 6:54 PM
-

The Higgins Hotel

slightly tweaked look for the hotel... will be a real beauty when complete

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 7:12 PM
-

MAISON DE LA LUZ
An early-1900s building in New Orleans’ Central Business District becomes a 5-star boutique hotel.
Client: The Domain Companies Architect: Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
Following the successful renovation and new construction of the Ace Hotel for the The Domain Companies, Palmisano was awarded the opportunity to provide design-build services to renovate and convert a former law office into a 55,000 SF 67-room boutique hotel called Maison de la Luz. The early-1900s building will feature a lobby with a bar and lounge on the first floor, and lavish guest rooms on floors two through six.

The design and consulting teams are spread between Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and New Orleans. Combined with Palmisano’s knowledge and experience with the Ace Hotel brand, this new project lends itself to our capability to bring dispersed teams together under the design-build approach.

Maison de la Luz will add to the entertainment and hospitality amenities that connect the Warehouse and Central Business Districts. Demolition was completed at the close of October 2017, with construction running from December 2017 through November 2018.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 8:07 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
its supposed to start any day now.. what did you see out there?
They have scaffolding surrounding the building and construction workers were on site doing stuff to the walls

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 8:45 PM
-

Quote:
They have scaffolding surrounding the building and construction workers were on site doing stuff to the walls
i forgot details so are they doing the exterior and the linear park together?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 10:55 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
i forgot details so are they doing the exterior and the linear park together?
Oh no, I'm talking about the HQ building on St Charles, not the convention center. But it does look like they're tearing up the neutral grounds and what not for the linear park as well

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 1:27 PM
-

Quote:
Oh no, I'm talking about the HQ building on St Charles, not the convention center. But it does look like they're tearing up the neutral grounds and what not for the linear park as well
Sorry i misread your post... great to see both are underway though

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 6:57 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Sorry i misread your post... great to see both are underway though
Yeah they've been taking out all the Palm trees on convention blvd. Curious where they're going. I really hope the park works out. Just a little worried how it'll effect traffic during big events, but happy to see the street turn into something interesting

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 7:21 PM

New Orleans East 400-unit apartment complex nears completion
http://gentillymessenger.com/new-orleans-east-2-oaks/

Not particularly urban, but if fully occupied it could house about 1000 residents. New Orleans needs these big housing developments to better grow into its infrastructure.

One thing I'd love to see is some sort of new urbanist neighborhood (e.g. River Ranch) on the old Lake Forest mall site. Being walking distance to the hospital and park and right off the interstate and an express bus line to the CBD, it has a lot of potential.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 10:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
New Orleans East 400-unit apartment complex nears completion
http://gentillymessenger.com/new-orleans-east-2-oaks/

Not particularly urban, but if fully occupied it could house about 1000 residents. New Orleans needs these big housing developments to better grow into its infrastructure.

One thing I'd love to see is some sort of new urbanist neighborhood (e.g. River Ranch) on the old Lake Forest mall site. Being walking distance to the hospital and park and right off the interstate and an express bus line to the CBD, it has a lot of potential.
def needs to be more focus on the east especially for more afforable housing and the area is severely underserved retail wise which i hope changes soon

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 10:40 PM
-

Quote:
Yeah they've been taking out all the Palm trees on convention blvd. Curious where they're going. I really hope the park works out. Just a little worried how it'll effect traffic during big events, but happy to see the street turn into something interesting
i think it will work out longterm to be an improvement.. and a proper front entry for the place.. man i do wonder where they are relocating those palms.. those arent cheap ...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 10:46 PM
-

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 10:51 PM
-

Traffic Advisory: Connect the Crescent Installation Begins in the CBD Saturday

NEW ORLEANS — Bike Easy, along with a coalition of partners and support from the City of New Orleans, will begin installing elements of the Connect the Crescent demonstration mobility project on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018 beginning at 6:30 a.m.

Residents should expect limited access to curb space as volunteers paint temporary roadway striping and re-configure the public right of way. Commuters should also plan to travel at reduced speed and expect intermittent roadway closures during the installation, which is scheduled to last through 5 p.m., weather permitting.

Installations are planned on the following stretches of roadway and cross streets on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018:

Baronne Street from Canal Street to Howard Avenue (100-900 blocks)
Connect the Crescent is a three-month demonstration project that will showcase a connected network of low-stress bike-ways, pedestrian safety measures and improved transit-stop access in the downtown area. Residents interested in volunteering to participate in the Connect the Crescent project should sign up at www.connectthecrescent.com external link

this is going to be such a cool project! hope it remains permanent

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 2:02 AM
NOLA Razorback

this is going to be such a cool project! hope it remains permanent[/QUOTE]

This, if it actually works could be really great considering how many people bike in this town. If only they'd get rid of the stupid carriages then we'd really be going somewhere along Decatur lol

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 3:38 PM
-

336 Decatur St·VCC General Work · Ref Code: P7AQJR
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
VCC General Work
Applicant:
Jordan Gargas
Application Review
Date Filed:
9/5/2018
Closed:
No
Description
The project is a new three story shell space. Future tenant and interior build-out to be determined at a later date and permitted separately

Guessing Margaritaville isnt going to this location anymore.. the new design is definitely a big improvement over the last one .

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 2:40 PM

So I'm still torn on the linear park option. I really liked the palm trees in the median and liked the look it gave in front of the convention center. However, the progressive side of me understands we need to compete with other cities that are modernizing their spaces. So, it's the cost of progress I guess.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
So I'm still torn on the linear park option. I really liked the palm trees in the median and liked the look it gave in front of the convention center. However, the progressive side of me understands we need to compete with other cities that are modernizing their spaces. So, it's the cost of progress I guess.
I still think it’s crazy to redo the street without burying the ugly high-voltage power lines that run above it, since the street will be torn up already.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
I still think it’s crazy to redo the street without burying the ugly high-voltage power lines that run above it, since the street will be torn up already.

I still don't understand how traffic won't be severely affected by this. Isn't it going down to one lane on both sides? That's happened to several 4-lane streets around the city but none of them carry as much traffic as CC Blvd.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations