HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 9:10 PM

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 9:46 PM

Here are some skyline renderings

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 11:46 PM

Great for Nashville to capture the Bridgestone HQ's and the projected growth in jobs they will bring to the city and to downtown. Not sure how I feel about the building design.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of cranes in the city core for a couple of years...

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 12:01 AM
Future God

I think the building design is attractive, but shorter than it needs to be, and quite 'safe.' From most angles, it's nothing more than a glass box. But hey, I'm just glad it's a go at this point.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 1:09 AM

I'm happy! I think it looks great and will fit right in with the pinnacle tower, Encore and SoBro. It will have just as much impact on the skyline as the Pinnacle tower does. This thing has a huge massing, and while not the 600+ footer we hoped for, this isn't exactly some short stubby office building either. Man have we gotten spoiled or what?...

Having a huge international corporation like Bridgestone relocate into downtown, bringing 1700 employees along with that make an average of 90K a yr, the economic impact of this is HUGE! I guarantee a bunch of those employees will end up wanting to live downtown, and this could spur plenty of residential and retail development. The need for more condo towers just got a big boost.

Big time score for Nashville!...

Here's a render MidTenn1 did adding the SoBro into the mix.

The Bridgestone tower on Youtube. It looks shorter in the video than the renders, but the reported height is said to be 460', taller than the Pinnacle tower by about 40'.
Video Link

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 2:20 AM

It's a new day in "Music City".......sweet projects on the horizon..

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 4:30 AM

I do prefer the original curved design when this was called Sheet Music; however, as a fan of modernist architecture I don't think its a bad design at all. Nashville's skyline is still predominantly older buildings, so the more glass the better IMO.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 7:52 PM

The Bridgestone tower is expected to start construction the beginning of 2015, expected to cost $233M, and is said to be 460' tall. Brasfield & Gorrie has been selected as the GC.

Brasfield & Gorrie to build Bridgestone office tower
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ower/18918027/

Other related articles...

Bridgestone's $232.6M downtown HQ high-rise to create 607 new jobs
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...to-create.html

Bridgestone to bring 1,700 jobs, 30-story tower to SoBro
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ment/18865039/

Quote:
• The deal to land Bridgestone was about one year in the making.

• The future tower does not yet have a name.

• Highwoods and Bridgestone officials respect the work of architect Perkins + Will, the Chicago-based firm that previously designed for Giarratana Nashville office tower Sheet Music (which was to have risen on the site). Bridgestone and Highwoods had P+W take the previous iteration and modify it, eliminating its original curvature.

• On the design theme, Highwoods expects the tower to offer a retail space on its northeast corner (across from Etch) but will ensure that Bridgestone officials are comfortable with that component before finalizing.

• The building’s exterior will feature glass and metal. At 460 feet, the building would be Nashville’s third tallest (behind the AT&T Tower and the Fifth Third Center) if standing today.

• Recently, Highwoods acquired for $4.84 million a segment of the property from the aforementioned Giarratana Development. Company founder Tony Giarratana has ownership in Premier Parking, which is expected to serve as a parking consultant to Highwoods.

• Various Metro and state approvals are still needed but the process will not have to be fast-tracked. If all goes well, Highwoods can secure permits by late December and start on-site work by year’s end or in early January.
Why Bridgestone doubled down on Nashville with major HQ move
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ille-with.html

Apparently we were going up against a number of other cities that were courting Bridgestone, including Chicago.
Quote:
Haslam said Nashville beat two other finalists for the headquarters. One was Chicago, according to sources. One of the three businesses moving into the new headquarters is currently based 25 miles west of Chicago, in Bloomingdale, Illinois.
Quote:
"We did not go into this process saying that we will stay in Nashville. Not at all. We went into it thinking, the city that makes the most sense for us is where we must be," Garfield told me.
"I have to tell you, honestly, that we could have chosen anywhere in the United States to make this announcement. Several major cities offered very compelling rationales and very competitive incentives," Garfield said. "You can imagine we were aggressively courted."
No doubt about that. What city wouldn't want 1,700 jobs, at an average annual salary of about $90,000?
Bridgestone ultimately chose Nashville, making official on Nov. 11 a move that we reported last week. In a year of huge economic development wins for Nashville, including plants for the gun-maker Beretta and sports apparel company Under Armour, Bridgestone stands out.
Bridgestone: Another trophy for Nashville's largest landlord
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...s-largest.html

Bridgestone tower architect ranks among nation's elite
https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/..._nations_elite

BNA could see a huge boost in landing non-stop flights from Bridgestone's decision to cement its U.S. headquarters in Nashville. Tokyo, London, San Francisco and Seattle are top priorities.

Nashville landed Bridgestone. Can Bridgestone bring us a flight to Tokyo?
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...one-bring.html

Last edited by MIRYDI; Nov 12, 2014 at 8:48 PM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 3:45 PM
Nashville born and raised

Two new revised cards...

Hotel to be estimated (mine) 480' tall and the office to be estimated 350'

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 9:21 PM

Hey Pete, got another one for you to make. Look what's back from the dead...

Riebeling: Palmer in talks with a partner to develop West End Summit site
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...artner-to.html

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:02 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^^Back for the 4th time.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:19 PM

I almost don't want to comment on the WES article. However, maybe this is a good sign that there is real life once again in the project.

With that being said, I'm not sure why Intercontinental is staying so tied to this project. If they really want to be in the Nashville market it seems they would strongly look into other options or request that Palmer alter the site so that the hotel becomes the prominent component of the project with some office space, retail space and maybe residential space to tie into the hotel complex. They could something similar to the JW Marriott complex but with the office portion being on a smaller scale. It just seems to me they need to consider abandoning the two tower complex along with a hotel tower and just convert one of the towers to being the hotel and the other being a combination of office, retail and residential. The hotel can even have a relationship with the office and residential by providing catering and room service. They can also offer other services to the residents such as use of spa and gym areas, laundry services and concierge services.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:52 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
MIRYDI;6806540]Hey Pete, got another one for you to make. Look what's back from the dead...
Done....for now!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 1:14 AM

^

Here's another rendering of the JW Marriott.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 10:30 PM

^Beautiful design.

BTW, on West End Summit, I've said before that often too much pre-judging is going on. None of us own the property, none of us are privy to the inside conversations (unless any of you are hiding something). While this project is obviously troubled, the owner has never relented about his desire to do something big and important with this property.

So, none of us can really say either way what will or will not happen.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 10:46 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nevergold View Post
BTW, on West End Summit, I've said before that often too much pre-judging is going on. None of us own the property, none of us are privy to the inside conversations (unless any of you are hiding something). While this project is obviously troubled, the owner has never relented about his desire to do something big and important with this property.

So, none of us can really say either way what will or will not happen.
I think after 10 years of little to no progress toward anything other than a block sized hole this one can be put to rest. What's ironic about it all is that his major competition in Nashville has continued to propose, finance, and develop multiple projects while he has apparently continued to be stubborn over on West End.

What I am happy to see is the fact that citizens have begun to voice their concern and annoyance with the West End Summit property.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 8:48 AM

^It may be a project that will never see the light of day, but you can't be certain about things without knowing all the facts. None of us are privy to this project's behind the scenes talks.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 2:23 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
^It may be a project that will never see the light of day, but you can't be certain about things without knowing all the facts. None of us are privy to this project's behind the scenes talks.
10 years.

If you still think this is happening then that's on you. Just because I don't know all of the facts about it doesn't mean I'm not going to speculate from what's in front of me. One thing that is certain is Palmer's financial trouble. That doesn't bode very well with other investors and he's pretty much made it clear that he doesn't particularly want a development partner.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 9:17 PM

Fair enough.

I think WES represents the realities of Nashville. Lots of problems and holes in its development, but potential if people put petty arguments behind to forge the future.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 9:54 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Fair enough.

I think WES represents the realities of Nashville. Lots of problems and holes in its development, but potential if people put petty arguments behind to forge the future.
I think it represented the realities of Nashville three or four years ago; especially with the trouble that Tony G was having with getting his projects moving forward, but I don't think it represents Nashville today; especially with the number of residential and hospitality projects that are currently either under construction or soon to be under construction.

Palmer has been set on developing WES with a residential, commercial, and hotel component. Numerous other developments have come on line or are under construction that fit his plan that were fairly fluid on their final location. He had HCA in the bag as well as the Intercontinental Hotel and still couldn't get things going. That's what makes me think WES won't go much of anywhere in the future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations