HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 8:12 PM
testify

well, i snapped a pic of the center-adjacent market street site (rendering above) on saturday, forgot about that:

here's the franklin street senior housing as of the same day:

and a pair of 1465 pine street from a week or so ago. i think the cladding is done, as the entire front façade is now behind a painters' scaffolding.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 8:38 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Nice! Thanks for the updates!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 9:12 PM

Construction update 15th and Mission mixed use development

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 9:41 PM

Thanks for the updates everyone. Looking good!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 6:38 AM

Hoping someone here had some quick advice.

Going to Warped Tour this Saturday at the AT&T Park Parking Lot A. Coming from Fresno, so a car is included. Whats the best place to park? BART may be too much of a hassle, Im thinking somewhere along the T?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 5:35 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Back in May, I posted information on the city's expansion plans for Moscone. It looks like SOM has been selected to design the expansion. From the SF Business Times:

Quote:
SOM and Cavagnero tapped for Moscone
San Francisco Business Times
Date: Friday, June 22, 2012, 7:19am PDT

Architects Skidmore Owings & Merrill and Mark Cavagnero Associates have been picked to design the expansion of San Francisco’s Moscone Center, an estimated $500 million project tourism boosters hope will allow the city to remain competitive in attracting and retaining conventions.

SOM and Cavagnero beat out a competitive group of bidders that included HOK, Gensler and AECOM.

Jeffrey Birdwell of Sares Regis Group, which is overseeing the architectural design and engineering of an expansion, said SOM and Cavagnero “rose to the top of the pack” because of both experience and “conceptual ideas that were intriguing.”
I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 5:55 PM
Only Mostly Dead

minesweeper posted a link to this article in the 222 Second St thread, but the subject matter is so wide-sweeping and promising for large-scale office development in the city that I think we should discuss it here as well. Basically, office space is in such high demand that everything that could be renovated has been (or is in process) and the only option left is new construction.

There's so much here that I almost don't know where to start. I'm perhaps most excited about the mention of 535 Mission. JK Dineen, who most definitely knows his stuff, believes it will be the next office project to start (re-start actually). He also mentions a more specific start "date" for Transbay: next summer.

I'd post an excerpt, but it's all so encouraging you should just click over and read the whole thing. Hard to believe there could be many more cranes filling the skies in the coming months (especially considering how many are already in action). And keep in mind, this doesn't even touch on what's happening on Rincon Hill, which is all residential.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 6:11 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Thanks peanut! I really want to see 535 Mission restarted! I think it's the small floor plates that could be the problem now since that's not what is typically in demand.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Construction update 15th and Mission mixed use development
All that wood framing sadly makes me think of the development that burned down near the West Oakland BART station. Hopefully there are no problems constructing that one.

Also it's great to see that this building won't remain empty for too long:

Quote:
At 1275 Market St., TMG Partners and Divco West are planning a renovation of a 350,000-square-foot 1974 building that was left vacant when California State Compensation Insurance Fund moved hundreds of jobs out of the city.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 8:42 PM
testify

well, given the timeline fitting a sept completion (http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci....html?page=all), 1275 market won't be getting a reclad, which is a real shame. i wonder at the 1 ninth street though, market's not a selling point?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post

Going to Warped Tour this Saturday at the AT&T Park Parking Lot A. Coming from Fresno, so a car is included. Whats the best place to park? BART may be too much of a hassle, Im thinking somewhere along the T?
Parking somewhere along the T would be ok, but I think many people are going to have the same idea. Plus the T can be just as much hassle if not more than BART. Plus, the further south you go down the line, the shadier the areas become.

If I were you I would park at Daly City or Colma Bart, maybe San Bruno and come in that way. You can then catch the T or N towards Caltrain/Mission Bay or walk from BART.

Hope that helps.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 11:34 PM

1275 Market Street (former State Compensation Fund)

I could not figure out why windows on the west side of the building were taken out till I witnessed beans being delivered through them. The building is getting a seismic upgrade. I hate to see it as it will make for an ugly sight, but apparently there is some danger for a collapse that makes the addition necessary. You can see some of the beams already installed on the lower floors.

I watched this building being built & like it very much. It has a wonderful pink glow at sunset when the sunset light bathes the pink & gray granit. As you can see it is the center of my view.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 1:31 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post

I would park at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and BART to Embarcadero station. From there, it's a 20 minute walk along the Embarcadero to AT&T Park. This way you'll save 2+ hours of driving time and get to enjoy beautiful views of the Bay!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
I would park at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and BART to Embarcadero station. From there, it's a 20 minute walk along the Embarcadero to AT&T Park. This way you'll save 2+ hours of driving time and get to enjoy beautiful views of the Bay!
Please, stop! Send him a private message, driving directions is not what these forums are for.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 5:09 AM
testify

hard to tell from the images posted by jerry there, but are the black-tinted windows being replaced with another color? see, like for me, that would be a major improvement.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 6:35 AM
Only Mostly Dead

^I can't say for sure, but it looks to me like they are just removing some panels for easier access. It doesn't look like wholesale changing of the glass.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 8:06 AM

1275 Market St. @ 9th remodel - the windows are not being replaced. One window on each floor on the west side has been removed so that the seismic beams can be moved in as the elevators cannot accomodate them.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 8:56 AM

1844 market street

I was by 1844 Market Friday (06/22) and it looks like the foundation hole is finished. A bull dozer was being lifted out of the hole as I took the pictures. The last I read is 116 units to be built here. If you look carefully you can see the serpintine rock base on one side.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 6:38 PM
Only Mostly Dead

That's a big hole! Thanks for the shots, Jerry.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 5:18 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Color me disappointed. Former Central Freeway parcel P in Hayes Valley was originally controlled by Build Inc, who had a plan to break the large block into smaller buildings. They were going to hire multiple architects to design each, giving the block the look of a series of buildings that naturally developed over time like the surrounding neighborhood. Well, they sold their development rights to Avalon Bay who decided to go in another direction: one massive building.

To pull a quote from Avalon that was posted on Socketsite:

Quote:
While the Project would consist of a single structure, the building would be articulated as a series of different forms and dwelling unit types, with varying architectural expression across the site.
This is the result:

Source: Socketsite

Yeah, I'm not seeing that. Sure there's a change in articulation -- which is repeated all along the development. That doesn't give me a sense of "varying architectural expression."

I was really excited about this project under Build's original vision. Now, it's just another monolithic development that isn't horrible but certainly is nothing to get excited about aside from the increased density it will bring. Speaking of which, even that isn't very exciting according to many commenters at Socketsite. They wished for more.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations