HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 4:33 AM
DENNAB

Huh? you say you don't see silverstein saying no to a potential tenant but you don't see that happening. you just condradicted yourself... or maybe I'm just really tired and out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
So...highly, highly, highly unlikely, but don't act like there's actual rules here. They were all fully willing to jack 3WTC up to equal the height to 2WTC for Merrill Lynch.

Yea you're right, the thing is that they could jack the building up a 100 feet or so without making any major design changes, I think it would be beneficial for them because eventually there are going to be so many tenants who want space in these builidngs.

But as I said before, 5WTC is always the opportunity for a taller building, provided that they get rid of that horrible spiral plan.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 8:38 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yea you're right, the thing is that they could jack the building up a 100 feet or so without making any major design changes
They don't build things this large with that kind of margin left over. It's both unsafe (though, less so with CAD) and wasteful. Any enlargement, in any dimension, beyond a trivial amount (100 feet is not trivial) and we're looking at total stoppage and complete rework.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 4:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
But to them the top of the spire IS the top of 1WTC so even if 2WTC were 1500 feet tall (not saying its going to be) there would still be the spiral element.

The whole spiral idea is horrible, hopefully they forget about it, and 5WTC can be taller than most of them.
Well, you've shown you can't be taken seriously...

Quote:
What tops out? A place where no one has access to? if the top occupiable floors are 1100 or so feet, that's about how high these buildings are, I really like all of these buildings for the record, but they are not the twin towers.
Makes no sense at all, but if that's what you would like to believe, then so be it. If you want a senseless debate about the future possibilities of a different WTC, it belongs in another thread.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 2:38 AM

I had posted this on the wtc1 thread. I was wondering why they wouldn't add the extra 20 feet to the antenna or building to make the top of the antenna height, the same as the original wtc 2? THis would seem to be a nice tribute to the original wtc 2.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 2:57 AM

I though the original WTC tower 2 was 1362' And the new WTC tower 2 will be 1358' 4' less?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 3:05 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton17 View Post
I had posted this on the wtc1 thread. I was wondering why they wouldn't add the extra 20 feet to the antenna or building to make the top of the antenna height, the same as the original wtc 2? THis would seem to be a nice tribute to the original wtc 2.
You should personally contact Silverstein, have him consider your proposal.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 4:49 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Well, you've shown you can't be taken seriously...

haha ok nyguy

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 6:36 AM
Because I'm Clever!

I'm folding my WTC model into my new NYC2015 project. Click the link in my sig, the Manhattan overhead is worth the effort all by itself.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
I'm folding my WTC model into my new NYC2015 project. Click the link in my sig, the Manhattan overhead is worth the effort all by itself.
Very great work you've done on all the buildings I've seen you do so far--the new WTC as well as Carnegie 57. It's very much appreciated!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2010, 12:18 AM

I love this tower! Can't wait 'til it's built!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 1:35 PM

The base of a tower crane is in the earthcam's view.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 1:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
The base of a tower crane is in the earthcam's view.
Funny you should mention that...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 5:26 PM

Nice, it's about time

Old Posted Dec 5, 2010, 7:57 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

Hopefully now in the coming months we'll start to see some steel being hoisted.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 12:10 AM
Honored Member

It well probably be awhile before we see steel, I suspect Tower Two will begin much like One. Lots and lots of core concrete.

If Tower Four is any indication of how all of the Silverstein towers are going to be constructed we won't see steel until it reaches grade. (On the bright side Silversteins towers should go up rather quickly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton17 View Post
Both the North and South Towers are being remembered visually on the new Tower One. The top of the parapet on Tower One is to be the same hight as the North Tower and the bottom of the band at the top of the curtain wall will mark the top of the South Tower.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 2:27 AM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post

Both the North and South Towers are being remembered visually on the new Tower One. The top of the parapet on Tower One is to be the same hight as the North Tower and the bottom of the band at the top of the curtain wall will mark the top of the South Tower.
What was the point of the original towers not being exactly equal in height, anyway?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 2:32 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^Port Authority needed a higher ceiling on one of its floors in Tower 1. It was a later addition to the design process. I don't know the specific reason why. The theories I heard was that:
A) The PA Chief wanted higher ceilings for his office (it's good to be the king).
B) They put the PA archives on that floor, and needed the extra headroom to fit it all in
C) Some piece of extra machinery.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 3:21 AM

^^^I thought it was be because two floors were the PA cafeteria, and so they made them each about three feet taller.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 4:26 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^Nope. Just the 67th floor.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 2:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Photos from the end of last month (wtc.com)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction