HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:36 PM

I really like what they're doing with the street level retail. I haven't seen this done with any other buildings in town where the shops look different than the actual building.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:43 PM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_guy View Post
I really like what they're doing with the street level retail. I haven't seen this done with any other buildings in town where the shops look different than the actual building.

Ohhhh I likey! What stores are going in? Anyone know?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
Ohhhh I likey! What stores are going in? Anyone know?
There's a French Brasserie w/ traditional french items + raw bar that's planned for Northshore. Judging by the exterior design, this may be it. It could also be either Flowerchild or NoRTH Italia, but I forget whether those are planned for the 500 West across the street.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chundercracker View Post
There's a French Brasserie w/ traditional french items + raw bar that's planned for Northshore. Judging by the exterior design, this may be it. It could also be either Flowerchild or NoRTH Italia, but I forget whether those are planned for the 500 West across the street.
Its the French Restaurant.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 6:45 PM

"La Politique"..... http://www.lepolitiqueaustin.com

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 7:21 PM
クラブトクヨ

Nice!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 8:20 PM

I had wondered what was going on behind the boarded up street level and was very much intrigued when I saw it was a boutique style design. It really extends 2nd street and is very transportive. My friend and I walked by it and she thought it looked very European. She loves all things French, so she'll be elated to see this is a fresh restaurant and salon. I'm going to call this stretch "Little Paris" I think this is rather cool. There are so many Italian restuarants, coffee shops, and American retail in that area that this will be different and have its own vibe.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 9:42 PM
Meh

Yeah, I really like that. That little notch with the bench is like a modern touch on an old style, similar to the old storefronts on Congress. Northshore is a really nice building all around. I'm happy with it. I just wish they'd put some lights on it. I had high hopes for the accent lighting on it with those great setbacks it has.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 11:48 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Yeah, I really like that. That little notch with the bench is like a modern touch on an old style, similar to the old storefronts on Congress. Northshore is a really nice building all around. I'm happy with it. I just wish they'd put some lights on it. I had high hopes for the accent lighting on it with those great setbacks it has.

I so agree on that. They missed a huge opportunity not lighting Northshore. It's in too much of a prominent location to be so dark. It looks out of place at night when viewing the skyline on top of the observation hill at Butler Park. A dark gap.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin