HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 4:12 PM
cities|transit|croissants

It looks like a parking podium, except for the lack of ventilation openings. I guess they must be on the top, like in an underground garage.

I wonder how much extra that costs.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 4:35 PM

I have seen the parking garage scheme for that building, goes something like this:

There is one level below grade for the tower along Steele St., at grade there is not much parking other than ramps and a little below the tower along 1st St. (there is also a N-S alley that bisects the two towers). Then there are 3 more levels above grade (5 total levels of parking) in the tower that borders Steele St.

You can see what are huge louvers in the extreme SW and NE corner of the parking tower in place of the windows that are used to draw in fresh air and exhausted out with fans somewhere else, so yes it would be similar to how a below grade basement works. There is definitely a premium for that, I wonder if the city made them completely enclose it to look like a building facade?
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 4:43 PM

New Cherry Creek Hotel

So suddenly Cherry Creek is becoming a hotel district! In addition to the hotel being built on the site of the old post office, we have this one at Second and Milwaukee.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/bl...eek-hotel.html

Also, I believe a third hotel was announced a week or two ago to be located between 2nd and third on Josephine. Finally, on one of the post boards there are rumours of a hotel being included in a Cherry Creek Mall redevelopment of Rite-Aid/Safeway. We'll see about that last one.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
So suddenly Cherry Creek is becoming a hotel district! In addition to the hotel being built on the site of the old post office, we have this one at Second and Milwaukee.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/bl...eek-hotel.html

Also, I believe a third hotel was announced a week or two ago to be located between 2nd and third on Josephine. Finally, on one of the post boards there are rumours of a hotel being included in a Cherry Creek Mall redevelopment of Rite-Aid/Safeway. We'll see about that last one.

It would make sense to those who are area (and this area could be a 500 mile ring around the city in this part of the nation) rural residents who would want a couple of days trip to Denver to do some serious consumer shopping. 16th Street Mall and most of the rest of the dt Denver are full of trinket stores and stands......

Last edited by denconyny; Apr 23, 2015 at 8:13 PM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 5:44 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

This is where good branded transit and / or rail really needs to start happening. Cherry Creek is not far from Downtown Denver by any means and connecting the two would have a huge / great impact on your typical visitor.

There is a stupid amount of density going up in Cherry Creek to not have a great connecter to downtown... (not my drone photo but I need to get out there and take some!)

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 6:13 PM

There is a crane base at 245 Columbine so I imagine we'll see another crane up in a couple weeks. Mortenson is currently pouring the foundation slab for the lowest underground parking level.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 8:10 PM
Denver

Cool photo Ryan! I know it's not yours, but thank you for sharing.

Would we all agree that cherry creek is now the second most urban place in Colorado? With boulder fort / Fort Collins neck and neck for third place?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
This is where good branded transit and / or rail really needs to start happening. Cherry Creek is not far from Downtown Denver by any means and connecting the two would have a huge / great impact on your typical visitor.

There is a stupid amount of density going up in Cherry Creek to not have a great connecter to downtown...
Here you go

www.newflyer.com

Same manufacturer as the Free MetroRide downtown, these New Flyer circulator size buses could run from LRT Colorado Station and the Auraria LRT Station along Colorado and Speer Blvds. Whether one or two routes, whatever.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 11:17 PM
Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Here you go

www.newflyer.com

Same manufacturer as the Free MetroRide downtown, these New Flyer circulator size buses could run from LRT Colorado Station and the Auraria LRT Station along Colorado and Speer Blvds. Whether one or two routes, whatever.
Why not just run it to the civic center station on 16th street??

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 4:25 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Here you go

www.newflyer.com

Screw that. Just brand the 83L and increase the frequency.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Screw that. Just brand the 83L and increase the frequency.
No thank you. I like those MiDi's. Brand the buses using these colors.
per purplemoosegranola.blogspot.com

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 11:34 AM
of Gnomeregan

Those buses BETTER have electronic music versions of 80s and early 90s songs playing inside them or they are missing a GOLDEN opportunity! GOLDEN I SAY!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 3:39 PM
cities|transit|croissants

I mean, the bus model really does not matter. There are tons of great-looking bus models out there.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 5:40 PM

It looks like a lot of Cherry Creek folks are worried about what will happen to Safeway when its lease expires at the end of the year.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...e-cherry-creek

On the Neighborhoods app, a poster claims that in fact the Safeway will almost certainly close and will be redeveloped as part of extended mall and/or hotel complex that might include a Bloomingdales.

Even if there is a redevelopment, I do hope there is room for Safeway there. Id rather see the west side of Cherry Creek mall (Bed Bath etc). all redeveloped to include both retail and residential.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 6:42 AM

Now open in the Cherry Creek/Mayfair extended neighborhood.

5701 E. Eighth Avenue

Story by Margaret Jackson and photo via Confluence Denver
Quote:
Part of the community's appeal is its easy access to nearby hospital complexes, as well as Trader Joe's at Ninth and Colorado, the Mayfair Town Center, Cherry Creek...

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 6:59 PM

I drove by 360 S. Monroe in Cherry Creek today. This development is really looking good - it may be my favorite apartment development in all of Denver.

I wish we had more construction like this elsewhere.

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 9:46 PM
Denver

No cheap stick builds going up in Cherry Creek.

Hmmmn

Old Posted May 2, 2015, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
No cheap stick builds going up in Cherry Creek.

Hmmmn
I don't get it.. Wouldn't this type of construction have worked in Union Station? For this type of quality, couldn't US get the same rents as Cherry Creek?

Old Posted May 2, 2015, 2:46 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
I don't get it.. Wouldn't this type of construction have worked in Union Station? For this type of quality, couldn't US get the same rents as Cherry Creek?
Let's keep in mind that there are two massive stick-build projects that are right next to this project that were built in the last couple of years- which roughly approximates to the stick-builds that have gone up on the edge of Union Station. You've got about a half-dozen project of reinforced concrete or steel-frame in CC versus a dozen in Union Station. It all comes down to project economics and the strength of the companies that are developing the these projects.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 2, 2015, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Let's keep in mind that there are two massive stick-build projects that are right next to this project that were built in the last couple of years- which roughly approximates to the stick-builds that have gone up on the edge of Union Station. You've got about a half-dozen project of reinforced concrete or steel-frame in CC versus a dozen in Union Station. It all comes down to project economics and the strength of the companies that are developing the these projects.
I assume the stick projects you are referring are the ones between Harrison and Colorado right off of Alameda and west of Burns Park. Those aren't nothing special you are right, thought that's not prime site. Super premium wouldn't have made sense 1 block off of Colorado.

Not to beat a dead horse on the sticks, and I understand the economics. I think the stick projects in Union Station are the mistaken ones, not so much Ball Park and other areas. Union Station could have and should have been all super premium projects. I'm thankful for the quality that's there but rue the missed opportunities.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West