HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Right. So because someone doesn't agree with what is being said infers that there must be some degree of bias because... why exactly?

Now onto this:

Let me show you the statement I was referring to from rrskylar:

This is absolutely false with respect to the FP. FAKE NEWS if you'd rather. The Free Press had Wab Kinew essentially tried and convicted everyday for a decent one or two week period. I have no idea why anyone is trying to argue this. It happened. I read it. We even discussed at length on this very forum. Anything regarding you reaching about the ifs buts candies nuts for Pallister or Patrick Brown is besides the point I was making.
1. Because it's those who think it's currently "fair" whose bias it serves. If it serves ones interest to claim fairness it is human nature to either

a) attribute a certain innocence to said fairness... after all ones personal view of right or wrong or whatever in between is held in tact. If the views presented in the mainstream media are in line with the viewer, they're obviously less likely to think they're false or unfair. However, it is possible to have certain views, see them reflected in the media, and still acknowledge it isn't balanced throughout the populations, hence point b...

b) Even if you realize the balance of media opinion is not fair, but it serves one's personal views well to insist it is, it's easy to claim fairness to help hedge the political balance in one's favour. How is this not clear?

It's obviously also easy to claim unfairness, but then we'd be able to see a counterbalance of complaints insisting the media favours the right.

You're basically victim blaming jk.

Also, few take fox seriously. Who else do we got?

2) I will admit I can't stand the NDP. Using Brown as a looooose comparison, I just expected his head on a stake, not his name on the door. Brown was done before any due dilligence, and Kinew is a party leader. I simply think the Freep could have been more aggressive, but I admit it serves my peronal stance on the party

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan