HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
I figured out what you mean, however I would argue that our other parks are great the way that they are. The natural aspect is just as important as a place like Republic Square or Butler Park. I wouldn't want to see Zilker changed. Auditorium Shores has undergone a change and blends together with Butler Park better than it had before so I would say that it is activated.
Speaking of activating a park space, I would love to see more long rows of benches (with armrests to prevent sleeping) along the major walkways in Zilker. It is something you tend to find in most of the nice big city parks. It would be really great to have lots of places to sit and visit with a friend, read a book, or just watch the passing scene. There are relatively few benches in Zilker. There are probably as many picnic tables as there are benches.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 7:38 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
Speaking of activating a park space, I would love to see more long rows of benches (with armrests to prevent sleeping) along the major walkways in Zilker. It is something you tend to find in most of the nice big city parks. It would be really great to have lots of places to sit and visit with a friend, read a book, or just watch the passing scene. There are relatively few benches in Zilker. There are probably as many picnic tables as there are benches.
Things like benches are fine. Most people I see when I'm there tend to sit on the grass, but some people who have problems bending or getting up can't do that.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Things like benches are fine. Most people I see when I'm there tend to sit on the grass, but some people who have problems bending or getting up can't do that.
https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...J4C_vXSTz_VjM:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin