HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2441  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 4:24 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 52,895
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2442  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 4:56 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,514
A few mostly new renderings of Gatineau's u/c arena complex. The complex will feature 4 ice surfaces, including the new 4,000 seat home of the Gatineau Olympiques.















Many more on the websites.

http://www.visionmultisportsoutaouai...laces-la-cite/
http://gatineau.ca/portail/default.a...communautaires
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2443  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 5:01 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 15,820
Nice arena for Gatineau!
__________________
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2444  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 5:09 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,412
^ Nice rink. The exterior is beautiful and evokes some memories of the old Metropolitan Sports Centre in Bloomington, MN. I hope there is some reflective glazing applied to the windows though, as the interior doesn't really look so spectacular that it needs to be shown off with complete transparency.

The seating bowl looks good, but I've noticed a troubling trend of really big concourse/suite levels in junior rinks that dominates everything else. You end up with this giant ring of beige drywall hovering, like some sort of office building built right into the rink. I'm not crazy about that part, but unfortunately it's become common these days.

On the whole though, the facility looks great. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2445  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 5:31 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Pro Trivia Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vieux Canada
Posts: 35,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Nice rink. The exterior is beautiful and evokes some memories of the old Metropolitan Sports Centre in Bloomington, MN. I hope there is some reflective glazing applied to the windows though, as the interior doesn't really look so spectacular that it needs to be shown off with complete transparency.

The seating bowl looks good, but I've noticed a troubling trend of really big concourse/suite levels in junior rinks that dominates everything else. You end up with this giant ring of beige drywall hovering, like some sort of office building built right into the rink. I'm not crazy about that part, but unfortunately it's become common these days.

On the whole though, the facility looks great. Thanks for posting.
I said something similar on a local forum about the interior, which I find a bit cold and austere. The outside looks good though.

This is very close to literally being in my "neighbourhood", so I check out construction progress regularly.
__________________
Vous n'êtes pas écoeurés de mourir, bande de caves?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2446  
Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 10:10 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 52,895
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2447  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 3:13 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
The Rendez-Vous LeBreton Gorup partners, which include the owner of the Ottawa Senators Eugene Melnyk and John Ruddy of Trinity Developments, are going into mediation to save the downtown arena deal. They have 14 days to do so before the NCC pulls the plug. Even if they do come to an agreement, the NCC might still walk away after the drama that has unfolded over the last few months.

https://ottawacitizen.com/business/l...alvage-project
Update: the mediator hired by Ruddy and Melnyk, former Ontario Chief Justice Warren Winkler, requested the NCC extend the deadline to February 28, 2019. They have agreed to do so.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...deal-1.4977855

Meanwhile, CTV reports that DCDLS, the runner-up in the LeBreton competition, is involved in the mediation. That group involves billionaires André Desmarais and Guy Laliberté along with developers Canderel and Devcore.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ncc-extend...line-1.4253839

Ottawa is crossing its fingers that any potential agreement involves Melnyk selling the team to one or a combination of the other parties involved.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2448  
Old Posted Yesterday, 4:08 PM
Oilkountry's Avatar
Oilkountry Oilkountry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Update: the mediator hired by Ruddy and Melnyk, former Ontario Chief Justice Warren Winkler, requested the NCC extend the deadline to February 28, 2019. They have agreed to do so.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...deal-1.4977855

Meanwhile, CTV reports that DCDLS, the runner-up in the LeBreton competition, is involved in the mediation. That group involves billionaires André Desmarais and Guy Laliberté along with developers Canderel and Devcore.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ncc-extend...line-1.4253839

Ottawa is crossing its fingers that any potential agreement involves Melnyk selling the team to one or a combination of the other parties involved
.
Source? I don't believe that....
__________________
I don't want to hear your opinions on facts
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2449  
Old Posted Yesterday, 4:08 PM
Oilkountry's Avatar
Oilkountry Oilkountry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Anyone else think rogers place is gonna age like a 35 year old meth head?
__________________
I don't want to hear your opinions on facts
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2450  
Old Posted Today, 12:09 AM
Franco401's Avatar
Franco401 Franco401 is offline
Kneel before Irving
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southside Fredericton, NB
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
Anyone else think rogers place is gonna age like a 35 year old meth head?
If even slightly well-maintained, no.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.