HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 25, 2013, 3:06 PM

As Orlando pointed out, this development looks like it's in 'no mans land' from this angle but if you looked at it from the opposite angle you would see that it is right next to the hillside neighborhood in North Salt Lake. It is 2.2 miles straight down Highway 89 to Smith's Food & Drug, 3 miles to Dick's Market on Orchard Drive, or 3.5 miles to Smith's Marketplace on 500 S Bountiful. Historically North Salt Lake has had some pretty ugly industrial areas (and yes there are still many there) but this development will serve as a nice gateway into the city and will hopefully start to fill in the gap between downtown and Davis County. Also, from Eaglewood you could make it downtown and into a parking garage in well under 30 minutes, even in rush hour, i speak from experience. Ever since Legacy Parkway opened the commute has not been bad at all.

Another example of development in North Salt Lake is the Foxboro development, it is primarly single family residential but there are apartments and townhomes as well. They have been trying to lure a grocery store to Redwood Road for a while now. The city has plans for the Redwood Road, Center Street intersection. This area is right off the I-215 exit and you can actually see downtown from there. I hope that development continues north and fills in the area between rose park and north salt lake.

Last edited by DCRes; Jun 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
Another example of development in North Salt Lake is the Foxboro development, it is primarly single family residential but there are apartments and townhomes as well. They have been trying to lure a grocery store to Redwood Road for a while now. The city has plans for the Redwood Road, Center Street intersection. This area is right off the I-215 exit and you can actually see downtown from there. I hope that development continues north and fills in the area between rose park and north salt lake.
My wife wants us to move to Foxboro. My jury is still out.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
My wife wants us to move to Foxboro. My jury is still out.
My brother lives in Foxboro. I'm not keen on it. All houses have "basements" that are above ground and you take exterior stairs up one floor to get to the front door. The soil is grey saline clay that doesn't allow rain water to soak in causing yard flooding. It's elevation is right at 4012 wich is where the GSL got to in 1985. I'm not impressed with the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
Also, from Eaglewood you could make it downtown and into a parking garage in well under 30 minutes, even in rush hour, i speak from experience. Ever since Legacy Parkway opened the commute has not been bad at all.
But you wouldn't drive when you have the 455, the 460, the 461, the 462, the 463, and the 470 all at your disposal. Right?

So Eaglewood really does have rather decent transit service after all. The dealbreaker for me, though? Having to look at that abhorrent mining scar in the side of the mountain every day.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilljemalm View Post
My brother lives in Foxboro. I'm not keen on it. All houses have "basements" that are above ground and you take exterior stairs up one floor to get to the front door. The soil is grey saline clay that doesn't allow rain water to soak in causing yard flooding. It's elevation is right at 4012 wich is where the GSL got to in 1985. I'm not impressed with the neighborhood.
I was wondering about that--we visited some friends there, and I remember thinking "the houses are all so...tall..." That would explain it. With some health considerations, having stairs to get into the front door wouldn't be good for my wife either. So...problem solved!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 2:49 PM

[QUOTE=CountyLemonade;6178454]But you wouldn't drive when you have the 455, the 460, the 461, the 462, the 463, and the 470 all at your disposal. Right?
QUOTE]

Nope, I actually take FrontRunnermost days I don't actually live in NSL, I just have driven it many times

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 3:44 PM

[QUOTE=DCRes;6179543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyLemonade View Post
But you wouldn't drive when you have the 455, the 460, the 461, the 462, the 463, and the 470 all at your disposal. Right?
QUOTE]

Nope, I actually take FrontRunnermost days I don't actually live in NSL, I just have driven it many times
Ah, I was just referring to residents of Eaglewood. You'd have buses going to downtown every five to ten minutes during rush hour. Pretty amazing service if you ask me.

But... the industry that surrounds it.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2013, 11:46 AM

Nine new merchants to debut at Station Park

The Salt Lake Tribune

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...eries.html.csp

Station Park shopping center in Farmington is marking the opening of nine additional stores or eateries with prizes and events on Friday and Saturday...

On Friday, the first 50 people in line when new merchants open their doors at 10 a.m. will receive a free $25 or $10 gift card, while supplies last. The stores and eateries are Bandidos Taqueria, Cherry Berry, Chico’s, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Gymboree, Habit Burger Grill, IT’SUGAR, Orange Leaf, Starbucks and Sugar Daisy Bakery.

In addition, both days shoppers will have an opportunity to win six free passes to Lagoon. Each new retailer also will be hosting entertainment, ranging from live Bluegrass music to free caricatures and face painting to appearances by characters such as Iron Man, Merida and Rapunzel.

From 7 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Station Park’s second annual Rock The Park summer concert series will kick off in The Village. A Top-40 band, Party Crashers, will headline.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 5:18 PM

http://davisclipper.com/view/full_st...es_left_column

This is an old building on the corner of Main and State in Farmington, built in 1891. I've always thought that the outside was ugly, and according to the article the metal exterior will be removed to expose the original brick! Great news, and something we are hoping for with a number of buildings in SLC.

Quote:
The intention is to remove the metal sheeting on the upper level, exposing the original brick, said David Petersen, city planner.

Depending on cost, project planners hope to remove the first floor exterior cover as well, revealing the original stonework.

It’s hoped the work can be completed this summer

In this case, the upper floor houses apartments for low and moderate-income people.

The building was originally red brick and housed the Farmington Community and Manufacturing Company

Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 5:27 PM

Future Second District Juvenile Courthouse

Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 5:45 PM

^^ Being built where, Farmington?

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
^^ Being built where, Farmington?
20th Street between Wall and Lincoln Ave. in Odgen.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2013, 3:03 PM

I took a couple photos of the Management Training Corporation's new building in Centerville yesterday.

This one is of the current 4 story building with the new 3 story building next to it. Pay no attention to the vanishing cars, panorama mode does some funny things

Old Posted Aug 21, 2013, 3:44 PM

I actually like the vanishing cars--like little hoverpods.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 3:18 PM

Station Park Apple Store opens Friday:

http://www.apple.com/retail/stationp...5-309743&sr=em

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
Station Park Apple Store opens Friday:

http://www.apple.com/retail/stationp...5-309743&sr=em

NICE!!!! Can't wait! Im betting Utah County will get one next!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 7:47 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4vok View Post
Future Second District Juvenile Courthouse
That will be a nice addition to the Ogden area. Maybe it will help to expand the "downtown" area a bit to the north.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2013, 2:44 AM

Nothing revolutionary, but a positive step for WSU and downtown Ogden:

Weber State University Announces Downtown Campus
http://www.weber.edu/COAST/eNewslett...w_app_lab.html

Old Posted Oct 18, 2013, 12:31 PM

I'd say. Any steps in the restoration and reuse of the great historic buildings of Downtown Ogden is a very positive step. There's a tremendous need for these think tank college/universties that provide accelerated, focused training for the immediate needs of the market. Our large four year Universities are often not the only answer in today's economy, as we all know. I'd like to see a major push to put a lot more of these institutions like Neumont in Downtown Salt Lake, Odgen and Provo

Old Posted Oct 18, 2013, 3:31 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West