HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 1:08 PM

yep, her only response to criticism are personal attacks based on her own bias a true pos loser.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 1:55 PM

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...te-barton.html

I do not believe anything Nann says is true, how quickly she's trying to be the victim in all of this.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:20 PM

Can someone unlock the article or copy and paste it?

In the last 5 years I can't believe the amount of services implemented in Ward 3 in clustered formation, defeating the whole point of help. Not saying right or wrong, but I'm a bit skeptical and do find it hard to believe there isn't a "known" element on City Hall's part. Like magically all these entities are doing deals? What about operating licenses and changes, etc.

The ones where I scratch my head the most is the CoreUrban switcheroo with Mission Services despite the interjection from church services close by and now this Welsley taking over a retirement home on Main right beside the No Frills plaza (that's going to work out well).

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:25 PM

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:34 PM

"Despite the backlash from some, the AIDS Network proposal has generated dozens of letters of support, including from hospitals, police, doctors, social-service agencies, businesses and residents."

Only a few paragraphs down these medical professionals who support this in areas where they don't live and won't have to deal with the negative impacts

"Local hospitals and CityHousing Hamilton were among those who rejected a CTS on their premises.,"

Once again people who live in Ward 3 concerns don't matter we keep having other people tell us what's good for us and what we need to do.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftbeerdad View Post
Can someone unlock the article or copy and paste it?

In the last 5 years I can't believe the amount of services implemented in Ward 3 in clustered formation, defeating the whole point of help. Not saying right or wrong, but I'm a bit skeptical and do find it hard to believe there isn't a "known" element on City Hall's part. Like magically all these entities are doing deals? What about operating licenses and changes, etc.

The ones where I scratch my head the most is the CoreUrban switcheroo with Mission Services despite the interjection from church services close by and now this Welsley taking over a retirement home on Main right beside the No Frills plaza (that's going to work out well).
rising land values downtown are pushing them out of Ward 2 and Ward 3 is the next best place without those rising land values.

Downtown should be a lot cleaner in a few years as all the services move out, but they still have to operate somewhere. Unfortunately Ward 3 is the best candidate. I don't think there is a conspiracy or anything, just gentrification happening downtown with huge amounts of land getting sold to developers and services looking for opportunities close by in Ward 3.

Services which have been pushed out from development off the top of my head:
- Hamilton Urban Core (getting a new construction building on Cannon in Ward 3)
- Mission Services of Hamilton (moving into 400 King St E in Ward 3)
- AIDS Network is currently in Effort Square, though I'm not sure if they are moving or opening a new facility in this case
- Salvation Army is being encouraged to move out by HUPEG
- etc

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 4:37 PM

The reason why someone would use the word consipracy here is because, like in the case of 400 King St. East, there was no transparency, Nann lying when finally she had no choice but to talk, but before that her office was silent -not replying or returning calls, avoiding neighbours at all costs.
There is no argument from me that the changes afoot in downtown aren't going to create some outmigration among a number of stakeholders, and as far as Mission Services is concerned, our church has had a very good relationship with them. The initial shock when it was finally disclosed as to what is being proposed next to the church was pretty significant, due to the silence from Nann's office, but after talking with Mission Services and receiving information as to how they propose to manage the property allayed most concerns. They have been a good faith player.
The unknown now is what happens when there is an overflow at 400 King E. We fear that our property will be even more adversely affected. And Nann does not have our back in this regard at all.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 2:52 AM

The radical progressive activist Sarah Jama just won the by election, so don't expect it to get any better. She'll now be emboldened - more violent protests, more violence against the police, more defending criminals, etc etc.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 9:50 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
The radical progressive activist Sarah Jama just won the by election, so don't expect it to get any better. She'll now be emboldened - more violent protests, more violence against the police, more defending criminals, etc etc.
Radical? More violent protests??? lol you make me laugh sometimes

Anyways as mentioned our homeless crisis is not a problem unique to Hamilton it's happening right across our entire country, it's happening right across the entire USA and tons of other countries as well. There is a world wide mental health, drug & financial crisis affecting billions of people!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 11:18 AM

sorry StEc but honest maple is right. Do some research.

Check out jamas time with McMaster womanists. Check out FB page of HCCI she smiling, 2 dudes in the back row are murderers yep. At least take it down or explain.

Paint the road defund the police, thats criminal behaviour, cause mayhem at encampments. More support of criminal behaviour. Now some may call it activism but its all apologist bullshit.

Lots more, do you DD. and btw funny how when she was called out on some remarks all her social media was washed, only lolly pops and teddy bears now.

Once again Hamilton Centre has no seat at the table.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 11:50 AM
Hammer'd

Quote:
lol could you be any more dramatic?
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 12:28 PM

Looks like Hamilton Centre will continue to stay in the gutter with representation from people like Jama, Green, Nann and Kroetsch.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 12:44 PM

Yep. She's going to be a disaster for the city. Of course the NDP chose not to drop her despite her questionable past - she's pretty much their ideal candidate.

Expect her to now show up with all her NDP friends at encampment clearing operations. Calls to defund the police will now be a regular thing in the legislature. Expect her to call Hamilton police fascists on the record at legislature. etc etc

She is such a bad look for our city.

Regarding Nann & Kroetsch campaigning with her, and even showing up at the event last night. How is that not a conflict of interest? Like, I understand they are free to vote and be part of whichever political party they choose. But to be campaigning during the working day, when they're supposed to be working at city hall seems like an issue. Also, they're supposed to be representatives of all citizens of the ward. But they openly bash conservatives. Not good. Also, those two are effectively running as councillors under a defacto NDP banner. Political parties are banned at the municipal level, so i'm not really sure how that's acceptable.

Last edited by TheHonestMaple; Mar 17, 2023 at 2:28 PM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 2:49 PM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
Yep. She's going to be a disaster for the city. Of course the NDP chose not to drop her despite her questionable past - she's pretty much their ideal candidate.

Expect her to now show up with all her NDP friends at encampment clearing operations. Calls to defund the police will now be a regular thing in the legislature. Expect her to call Hamilton police fascists on the record at legislature. etc etc

She is such a bad look for our city.

Regarding Nann & Kroetsch campaigning with her, and even showing up at the event last night. How is that not a conflict of interest? Like, I understand they are free to vote and be part of whichever political party they choose. But to be campaigning during the working day, when they're supposed to be working at city hall seems like an issue. Also, they're supposed to be representatives of all citizens of the ward. But they openly bash conservatives. Not good. Also, those two are effectively running as councillors under a defacto NDP banner. Political parties are banned at the municipal level, so i'm not really sure how that's acceptable.

She got elected with 54% of the vote in a riding with some of the most affluent areas of the city. Stop being a drama queen. Conservatives are always crying wolf. Oh and politicians no matter the party can support anyone they want on or off the "clock". This is a democracy and the only thing that dictates what politicians can or cannot do is the voting public during elections.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1231 View Post
She got elected with 54% of the vote in a riding with some of the most affluent areas of the city. Stop being a drama queen. Conservatives are always crying wolf. Oh and politicians no matter the party can support anyone they want on or off the "clock". This is a democracy and the only thing that dictates what politicians can or cannot do is the voting public during elections.
21% turnout in yesterday's election actually. A measly 14000 people out of 70k. The affluent area makes a tiny percentage, and it was full of Conservative signs.

And actually no, party affiliation is banned at the municipal level. What we basically have at council right now is a voting block made up of 4-5 councillors that are effectively NDP members. It's troubling and should be investigated. Also, no, those councillors should not be campaigning for Sarah on the taxpayers dime, that is extremely troubling and could even violate municipal law.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 3:32 PM

Basically all councillors are party members, it's very common. Michael Spadafora literally ran for the conservatives in the provincial election.

Councillors associating with provincial and federal parties is not illegal at all. What they aren't allowed to do is during an election say "I'm an NDP councillor" - which no councillors have done.

Outside of election periods, councillors are free to associate on a personal basis with political parties, and many do. Including conservative councillors.

Councillors typically work well over 40 hour weeks and as far as we know Kroetsch and Nann were taking personal days. Those exist, you know. Given Kroetsch's openess and how often he expresses virtues of being honest about things like this, I would be extremely surprised if that wasn't the case.

Hamilton centre is actually likely one of the poorest ridings in the country.

This map shows incomes across the province, and you can see how much noticeably lower they are in downtown Hamilton. Downtown Hamilton is full of subsidized housing and old apartment blocks which means it houses many of the lowest income residents of this province. There is a small enclave of wealthier residents south of Aberdeen, but the rest of the riding is very low income. Many of these areas had median household incomes below $30,000 in 2015, compared to the Canadian average of $70,000 at the time.

Generally the wealthiest areas of the city are in Ancaster.

https://censusmapper.ca/maps/838?ind....2653/-79.8641

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 4:09 PM

Yeah I mean I don't think anyone thought she was going to lose. Central Hamilton is an NDP stronghold because of the demographic information you just showed. So no surprise there.

I think the issue is more with Sarah Jama as the candidate. She has a troubling history with her activism, that includes criminal activity and other stuff not very becoming of a politician.

And I hope you're right about those two councillors taking personal time off to campaign for her. Because if they didn't, then that is a clear violation and it should be looked into.

It's also really something that lefties freaked out when they saw Bob Bratina (retired) campaigning with Weisner, however when Kroetsch is literally out campaigning during a work day in the afternoon no one bats an eye.

Last edited by TheHonestMaple; Mar 17, 2023 at 5:06 PM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2023, 8:18 PM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
21% turnout in yesterday's election actually. A measly 14000 people out of 70k. The affluent area makes a tiny percentage, and it was full of Conservative signs.

And actually no, party affiliation is banned at the municipal level. What we basically have at council right now is a voting block made up of 4-5 councillors that are effectively NDP members. It's troubling and should be investigated. Also, no, those councillors should not be campaigning for Sarah on the taxpayers dime, that is extremely troubling and could even violate municipal law.
It doesn't matter what the turnout is as long as she got the most votes. If people decide not to vote that is their problem. Every councilor on the mountain is a Conservative and you are worried about 4 or 5 that are NDP members. Over half the council are proclaimed as Conservatives and you whine about a few being NDP supporters. Like I said drama queen.

Actually the affluent area that I drive through every day of the week had mostly Jama signs. Other than a few Conservative signs on a few houses most of his signs were placed on public rights of way.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2023, 11:36 PM

Question

An observation. Was at Centennial and N service road yesterday. There is a gent there who asks for money. Grey beard, gilligan hat, dark clothing and a walker.

Went by and parked at Centennial and Barton for an appt. Half hour later see this same gent walking across the lot and begins arguing with a female. It gets heated and he abandons his walker, takes off running after the female (runs better than I do) grabs her and wrestles her to the ground. A passerby yelled out and they split up. Gilligan hat guy hustled to his walker, strolled to the bus stop.

fyi

Old Posted Apr 19, 2023, 11:42 PM

Not surprised.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion