HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Sun Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 11:54 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for this; but there is definitely activity on the island.

SFTIDA - https://twitter.com/SFTIDA/status/970787780505698304

Also if you go on Google Street View you can see demolition going on in early 2017.

Last edited by Fvn; Mar 12, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 6:17 PM

this will be a nice addition.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:39 PM

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 1:36 AM

According to https://sftreasureisland.org/construction -- Looks like "vibratory compaction". I'm always impressed with pre-construction terminology.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 6:18 AM

Currently...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 9:50 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else believe we've missed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the Treasure Island development? Just seems like building a tall lone tower amid random shorter ones and just the overall vision of residential housing (don't get me wrong, I know we need more housing) is short-sighted. When you're presented with an opportunity to develop something on an extraordinary piece of land uniquely situated facing one of the world's most beautiful urban landscapes, you don't drop the ball and build something mundane. Not saying the Lucas Museum was the answer, but something amazing for locals (and tourists) would've been nice to have in that spot. I mean, it was built to host a freaking World's Fair!!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observatory View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else believe we've missed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the Treasure Island development? Just seems like building a tall lone tower amid random shorter ones and just the overall vision of residential housing (don't get me wrong, I know we need more housing) is short-sighted. When you're presented with an opportunity to develop something on an extraordinary piece of land uniquely situated facing one of the world's most beautiful urban landscapes, you don't drop the ball and build something mundane. Not saying the Lucas Museum was the answer, but something amazing for locals (and tourists) would've been nice to have in that spot. I mean, it was built to host a freaking World's Fair!!
I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember alternate plans that included additional active space but was eventually abandoned with consideration to infrastructure issues and stresses. As it stands they're already proposing a toll for auto and are trying to figure out how to encourage mass transit alternatives to mitigate unwanted traffic.

In terms of the boring tower(s); not only do they yield higher dollar units, but they also maximize density without sprawl. I'd say it's far more feasible approach to building out the island and limit the amount of deep (and super expensive) drilling and anchoring to bedrock.

In all, I think the open space, as well as a good restaurant or brewery, will be plenty of a draw for tourists and locals.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 4:56 PM

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 4:38 AM

^ someone got a chance to go to the tower Ohana Floor?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 5:52 AM

Haha, yes I did!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development