HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 3:46 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

There are plenty of other racists out there. I’m sure if he was looking for work, they’d snatch him up.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
In related news, Papa John CEO and founder John Schnatter resigns after using a racial slur on a conference call. If I were applying for a job, I certainly would not be posting this stuff online.
I'm more offended that ATL3k isn't buying American tp.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I'm more offended that ATL3k isn't buying American tp.
I would - but it all comes from China!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Lots of good quotes in this Bisnow article.

On 8th & West Peachtree

On 1105 West Peachtree/1125 Peachtree

On Midtown Union
Just my two cents, but none of these quotes register as good news.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I would - but it all comes from China!
You sure about that?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
You sure about that?
http://gawker.com/5522711/chinas-dir...s-toilet-paper

Quote:
Think again, naïve American, because China will soon have control of your ass, or at least what you wipe it with. Get ready for a lifetime of pain and suffering in the bathroom.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Just my two cents, but none of these quotes register as good news.
All this talk on how Midtown office vacancies are at historic lows, yet none of these office projects seem to be in any rush to break ground. I'm afraid a recession is right on our doorsteps and that will be it for any talks of these breaking grounds for years.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
All this talk on how Midtown office vacancies are at historic lows, yet none of these office projects seem to be in any rush to break ground. I'm afraid a recession is right on our doorsteps and that will be it for any talks of these breaking grounds for years.

if this trade war doesn't get tempered (among other things) i wouldn't be surprised.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 6:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Chin up Ant -

1125 Peachtree
Jones Day is rumored to be taking the office space so this should happen.

8th @ West Peachtree
AIG which is leasing offices at a Cousin Properties building in the Perimeter lease is up next year and wants to move to Midtown. This is what is driving this development. Cousin's also has the ability to self fund so this project should happen.

14th and Spring
Greenstone already has funding in place to start the project on spec and Crescent Communities is ready to start the Novel apartment project.

Midtown Union

As I mentioned before, Metlife already has a company committed to floors 18 - 25. Metlife has very deep pockets and can self fund.

Atlantic Yards

Hines and their funding partner Invesco are ready to start this fall without pre-leases.

The biggest news in the Bisnow article: there is 4 Million sqft of pipeline looking for office space in Midtown. This is massive and the most I have ever heard in my 14 years living in Atlanta. Most importantly, Midtown has less than 10% vacancies and this will only shrink because none of these projects will deliver for 2.5 years. Midtown needs spec development ASAP so Midtown doesn't lose out on economic developments in the future because most companies don't want to wait 2 - 3 years to get an office up and running.

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jul 12, 2018 at 6:11 PM.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Chin up Ant -

1125 Peachtree
Jones Day is rumored to be taking the office space so this should happen.

8th @ West Peachtree
AIG which is leasing offices at a Cousin Properties building in the Perimeter lease is up next year and wants to move to Midtown. This is what is driving this development. Cousin's also has the ability to self fund so this project should happen.

14th and Spring
Greenstone already has funding in place to start the project on spec and Crescent Communities is ready to start the Novel apartment project.

Midtown Union

As I mentioned before, Metlife already has a company committed to floors 18 - 25. Metlife has very deep pockets and can self fund.

Atlantic Yards

Hines and their funding partner Invesco are ready to start this fall without pre-leases.

The biggest news in the Bisnow article: there is 4 Million sqft of pipeline looking for office space in Midtown. This is massive and the most I have ever heard in my 14 years living in Atlanta. Most importantly, Midtown has less than 10% vacancies and this will only shrink because none of these projects will deliver for 2.5 years. Midtown needs spec development ASAP so Midtown doesn't lose out on economic developments in the future because most companies don't want to wait 2 - 3 years to get an office up and running.
And then there's your 11/10 announcement coming within 60 days.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:24 PM

They put the fence back up at Hanover west Peachtree...

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
They put the fence back up at Hanover west Peachtree...
New completion date: 2034...

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
New completion date: 2034...

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:33 AM
Closed account

Quote:
It's kind of an awkward time right now for projects breaking ground in general (whether it's retail, office or residential developments), despite the otherwise decent economy.

There's also:

*Rapidly rising interest rates, after several years of them sitting at record lows (which is making the cost of financing more expensive).

*Material costs at historic highs (this is only being worsened by Trump's recent hard line on trade).

*A historically tight labor market for construction workers (this is only being worsened by Trump's recent hard line on illegal immigration).

Developers and the banks are risk-averse by their nature, especially after being so badly burned during the Great Recession, and not many of them are willing to take the risk and build/finance property just for the sake of building/financing property without having tenants lined up.

IMO, a lot of people also got ahead of themselves as far as projects they proposed and investment plans when Trump was elected and boasted about his massive tax cuts (which he accomplished), yet they didn't actually expect him to follow through on his trade/immigration promises. So it will be interesting to see if all of these proposals/investment plans actually come to fruition.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:54 AM
Closed account

Quote:

Mark my words - you will need to buy stock in Costco in T minus 60 days and counting...that's all I can say.
My guesses:

1. Google will officially announce they selected Atlanta for their 5,000 employee operations center.

2. You got word that Atlanta will be on Amazon's final short list.

3. Amazon or Microsoft have found a site for their data center in/around Atlanta and will commence groundbreaking.

4. The names of the 2 corporate tenants at Aerotropolis will be revealed.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Sounds to me like neither of those projects are launching anytime soon.
It sounds like they're far from guaranteed. I'm still not convinced Midtown is ready to absorb that much spec office space, especially with CODA and T3 coming, the current vacancies in the BOA tower, and the coming vacancies in the AT&T tower. I'm honestly a little surprised that CODA got off the ground, but then again that was with GT's backing. I'd bet money one of those two office developments doesn't happen for a few years. I don't think the market is too far from supporting that kind of supply but it doesn't feel like it's there yet. The suburbs basically have a monopoly on major spec office development right now, especially Cumberland.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:35 PM

Don't forget about MARTA rail stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
It sounds like they're far from guaranteed. I'm still not convinced Midtown is ready to absorb that much spec office space, especially with CODA and T3 coming, the current vacancies in the BOA tower, and the coming vacancies in the AT&T tower. I'm honestly a little surprised that CODA got off the ground, but then again that was with GT's backing. I'd bet money one of those two office developments doesn't happen for a few years. I don't think the market is too far from supporting that kind of supply but it doesn't feel like it's there yet.

The suburbs basically have a monopoly on major spec office development right now, especially Cumberland.
Not so sure "the suburbs have a monopoly on major spec office development right now". If anything, I think "easily accessible to MARTA rail" is where the "monopoly" exists for spec office - as well as retail and residential and tenant announced office - these days... and ahead

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
My guesses:

1. Google will officially announce they selected Atlanta for their 5,000 employee operations center.

3. Amazon or Microsoft have found a site for their data center in/around Atlanta and will commence groundbreaking.

No. 3 would not really be worth all the excitement... There's also the CIM Gulch project, I suspect will be revealed more or less in this time frame.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
My guesses:

this also lines up with my friends moving here.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:04 PM

There is now a construction fence around this property on 12th Street and I saw two bulldozers doing site work yesterday. Looks like construction is beginning. It'll be a nice addition to my block.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/2/26...ter-demolition

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations