HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 4:07 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I've lost track... are there any major developments in the works south of the KVB? Looking at the view that MidTenn1 provided, it just appears to me that everything is getting clustered on the north side of KVB and many of the buildings will be obstructed or obstruct another, at least from the eastern view of downtown.

It would really be nice if KVB was lined with a mix of 15 - 40 story buildings.
Right now, here is what is proposed.....

And only lots that touch KVB allow anything taller than 10 to 12 floors although the City owned lots apparently allow 30 floor buildings .

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 6:02 PM

MidTenn, You have the Olmstead on your map shown at Peabody and 3rd. It is at Peabody and 5th. Last month there were trucks drilling site borings all over the properties. They also were boring further south up to the next street where a burned structure was demolished last year.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 6:14 PM

What is the proposal for the Mathews office shown on MidTenn's map? The indicated location for a new structure would require demolition of the current
building facing 2nd Avenue which is of a historically significant vintage. I have apparently missed announcements of this proposal.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 3:23 PM

An interesting rendering of the proposed City Lights development on Rolling Hill Mill in SoBro is on their Facebook page...

It will have some awesome views!!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
What is the proposal for the Mathews office shown on MidTenn's map? The indicated location for a new structure would require demolition of the current
building facing 2nd Avenue which is of a historically significant vintage. I have apparently missed announcements of this proposal.
I don't know any more than what this rendering shows.....

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 4:53 PM
Future God

Wow, if we're to the point where we are tearing down historic properties for throw-away trash like that, then I will have officially given up hope of Nashville ever righting that ship.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 6:16 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
I don't know any more than what this rendering shows.....

That's already been built.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1556...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 7:11 PM
Future God

Christ, that's absolutely horrendous. Even worse than the renderings. Not only do they put the entire thing behind a parking lot, but they go ahead and throw a fence around the parking lot too. Way to really be a team player for your neighborhood. Assholes. I thought Nashville had left stuff like that in it's past.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Christ, that's absolutely horrendous. Even worse than the renderings. Not only do they put the entire thing behind a parking lot, but they go ahead and throw a fence around the parking lot too. Way to really be a team player for your neighborhood. Assholes. I thought Nashville had left stuff like that in it's past.
I agree that it is hideous, but the company did not demo any historic structure there. It was a 1.5 story 1960s era building. They did not do anything different to the pre-existing parking area except (as I understand) put the fence around it. They added a floor to make it a three story structure on the north side of the building. I can't help but think the company is just looking at the short term (5-8 years) and they'll sell the property for an incredibly high figure. And a correction should be made to the map on its location. It is at the nw corner of Lea and 3rd Avenue.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 3:17 PM

False alarm

Guys, sorry about the issue confusion. It started when the MidTenn map showed the development demolishing the Victorian Littchner Laboratories on Snd Ave. S. I did not recognize the proposal as being built already, though I pass it 3 times a week. It has been built for well over a year. I was looking at it as a new proposal. Another factor was the very crappy rendering taken from an angle not easily viewed in actuality. The modifications were actually not too bad at all compared to the derilect 1960's building that they rebuilt. They cut down some nice trees (if Bradford pears could really be called nice), but overall their project was fairly positive in this decayed neighborhood. I agree that in 5 years or so we will see something replacing it much better.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 11:24 PM
Future God

I rescind the poison darts I was slinging at them. Thanks for setting me straight with the information. It sounds like, all in all, it was a positive development.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:13 PM

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/places...s/47/nashville

Quote:
Announced in November 2014, Spectrum | Emery and OliverMcMillan will transform the original convention center site at 500 Broadway in downtown Nashville, Tennessee into a dynamic mixed-use development featuring retail, residential, office, dining and entertainment.

As the concept stands today, in addition to its office and residential towers, it will feature a new modern hotel conference center, approximately 180,000 square feet of retail and dining space, an additional 35,000 square feet slotted for an entertainment venue, and approximately 40,000 square feet set aside for the previously announced National Museum of African American Music.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 2:57 PM

Love the changes! Thank you for sharing the new renderings.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 5:07 PM
Future God

I liked the first iteration, but it was full of flaws. This new version is an improvement on all fronts! It's taller, more attractive, and most importantly, appears to address and activate the streets all around much more effectively. Build it now!!!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 2:53 PM

A summary of under construction or proposed projects with a better than 50/50 chance of being built in my opinion......

I didn't label each one. It would make the graphic too busy and my intent was to just show the sheer numbers of buildings in development. All are at least 10 stories.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 3:52 PM

The ONE C1TY project proposed for a location on Charlotte Avenue at I-440 has released a new video with updated renderings... Highlights include the 15 story office building and a 14ish story residential which I understand is to start soon.

ONE C1TY is an REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust), which like a mutual fund, invests in real estate development projects, and in this case, health care related development. The project will provide mixed use development for several related health care industries located on one campus.

ONE C1TY

Some screen caps..

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 4:24 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I liked the first iteration, but it was full of flaws. This new version is an improvement on all fronts! It's taller, more attractive, and most importantly, appears to address and activate the streets all around much more effectively. Build it now!!!
For sure. That it what I was most worried about. I'm extremely excited about this project.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 7:39 PM

Exclusive: Convention center developers have equity, delay start date (with new images)

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ve-equity.html

Last edited by ariesjow; Nov 13, 2015 at 2:21 AM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 3:00 PM

I like the way they located the National Museum of African-American Music (NMAAM) directly across from the Ryman Auditorium.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 4:29 PM

Hmmm... could a Polercoaster be in the works for Nashville or maybe a Skyspire? Checkout both in the US Thrill Rides link in the next paragraph.

A poster on the Memphis forum posted a picture from the US Thrill Rides (http://www.usthrillrides.com/) booth at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) 2015 Expo in Florida showing one of their Polercoasters with the indication of a Nashville, TN location.

Has anyone ever heard any mentioning of such a structure in Nashville? I think it would be cool. I'd even like the Skyspire simply because it's different than the typical Ferris wheel structures popping up everywhere. The Skyspire offer an opportunity for an observation deck and dining. Hey maybe the can do either a Polercoaster or Skyspire in the shape of a guitar... LOL

Last edited by PillowTalk4; Nov 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations