HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted May 12, 2009, 3:58 PM

6-story elevators?! We don't even have 3-story yet. Actually, if I recall, the Burj was supposed to have one, but they decided to go with 2-story instead. Can somebody confirm?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 7:15 AM
Future Mayor of Chicago

The Burj Kalifah (Dubai) looks alot like the Illinois, in fact even the proportions look about the same. Its just that the Illinois would be twice as high and probably twice as wide as well.

"Auto-centric suburban sprawl is the devil physically manifesting himself in the built environment."

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 3:51 AM
Future Mayor of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Elf View Post
and its really cool too know that the designs of Burj khalifa is inspired by this great architect.
I heard of any architect or developer state officially that the Burj Khalifa was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's "Illinois" but many people have made note of how the two look similar in their profiles.

"Auto-centric suburban sprawl is the devil physically manifesting himself in the built environment."

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 7:07 PM

Ironically, most high-rises today have elevators that are "motivated" by atomic power (considering the proximity of many nuclear reactor facilities to large urban areas). For example, every skyscraper in NYC would be powered in part by the output of the Indian Point Energy Center 40km to the north.

Seems that FLW presaged the notion of atomic energy being used to power buildings.

One must remember to place this design and its remarks in their historical context: in the early 1950s, atomic power was a major buzzcept among the culture, in vogue to the degree that Twitter, Facebook and such are regarded by today's society. Back then, atomic energy was seen as a technology that could be widely applied to almost anything: naval ships and submarines; personal vehicles; home appliances; buildings and skyscrapers.

Funny how in 60 years the tech buzz current in American culture has shifted from hard science pure-energy research to wastrel social-networking and media-compaction.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2010, 3:53 AM

If this was built in 2056, it would be significant because it would be the 100th anniversary of FLW's announcement of the proposal (or vision).

Old Posted Jan 9, 2010, 3:56 AM
BANNED

^^^ I plan to build this building. It is my life goal. 2056 seems doable. I'll give it a shot.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2010, 5:39 PM

Infernal_Elf - Please repost your thread with appropriate sources for the image. . . thanks. . .

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 11:15 PM

It looks A LOT like the Burj. That's just plain, common-sense obvious observation.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jan 24, 2010, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
^^^ I plan to build this building. It is my life goal. 2056 seems doable. I'll give it a shot.
It will take a Team of the Greatest Architects around, But I will gladdly serve under you in getting this built

Old Posted Aug 4, 2023, 7:08 PM

Hello everyone,
I share with you a recreation work in detail of the famous visionary project of the architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
I will upload more render if you are interested...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects