HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 11:20 PM
-

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 12:36 AM
NOLA Razorback

1020 Annunciation

Excited to see the Virgin Hotel hopefully start soon! Looks great..

Does anyone know whats going on with the hotel planned at 1020 annunciation. I believe Eskew was the architect on it..

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:09 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Excited to see the Virgin Hotel hopefully start soon! Looks great..

Does anyone know whats going on with the hotel planned at 1020 annunciation. I believe Eskew was the architect on it..
Never could find much about it like the flag or what not

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 5:14 AM

Looks like the Top Golf at the old Times-Picayune building is now planned to be a "Drive Shack" instead- basically the same concept, they have one location and it's in Orlando. https://m.facebook.com/MidCity.NewOr...pe=3&source=48

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 3:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Looks like the Top Golf at the old Times-Picayune building is now planned to be a "Drive Shack" instead- basically the same concept, they have one location and it's in Orlando. https://m.facebook.com/MidCity.NewOr...pe=3&source=48
Passed the orlando one ... was enormous if its the same
Place imthinking ... people would be surprised how big those nets are that surround the complex

yeah this is the one i drove past in January.. the things massive:

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 6, 2018 at 3:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Passed the orlando one ... was enormous if its the same
Place imthinking ... people would be surprised how big those nets are that surround the complex

yeah this is the one i drove past in January.. the things massive:

Would this fit in that spot???

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 9:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Would this fit in that spot???
the parking lot is going to be the key.. my guess is they may have to put that in some sort of garage thing but I do remember the layout for top shot and that seemed to fit?

this was the plan for TopGolf... betting something similar for this one

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
the parking lot is going to be the key.. my guess is they may have to put that in some sort of garage thing but I do remember the layout for top shot and that seemed to fit?

this was the plan for TopGolf... betting something similar for this one

The layout is very similar to that. Mid-City Messenger has the site plan

http://midcitymessenger.com/2018/03/...yune-building/

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 1:33 AM
-

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know why Topgolf backed out?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
Does anyone know why Topgolf backed out?
topgolf isnt the person that was ever really doing it... think of it as hotel flag on a resort... they change flags... sounds like the developers decided drive shack is the better model

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:14 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
topgolf isnt the person that was ever really doing it... think of it as hotel flag on a resort... they change flags... sounds like the developers decided drive shack is the better model
I do find it silly that they won't have a nationally recognized brand.. I'm a little weary of this "Drive Shack" company that isn't even open.. Seems like great value top golf. And that is honestly a really strange location

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:36 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

Not sure if the BR location has anything to do with the change. The two metros can support one each, maybe more.

https://topgolf.com/us/baton-rouge/

http://www.wafb.com/story/37494325/t...rouge-location

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 1:20 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_tiger View Post
Not sure if the BR location has anything to do with the change. The two metros can support one each, maybe more.

https://topgolf.com/us/baton-rouge/

http://www.wafb.com/story/37494325/t...rouge-location
I'd imagine its the developers messing it up here. But I figure BR being a college town and us being well NOLA could both handle it

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 1:23 AM
-

Quote:
I do find it silly that they won't have a nationally recognized brand.. I'm a little weary of this "Drive Shack" company that isn't even open.. Seems like great value top golf. And that is honestly a really strange location
They have one already open in Orlando and others about to open. I’m sure they have their reasons for pursuing another brand ... doubt the investors are stupid

Baton Rouge is a totally different market and locations not as difficult to make happen as this one is... I’m sure they said with the Baton Rouge one getting a head start they decided to pursue a new brand that will differentiate it as well ...things like corporate meeting capability and large spaces with other games like skiball, shuffleboard ping pong etc.. can think of many reasons ...and who knows what the fees are for franchise etc.. bet drive shack is much more favorable than top golf

And seriously guys , its hard to imagine but this thing will seriously be visible to any visitors heading into the city... it’s right next to interstate and downtown... that location will advertise itself

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 8, 2018 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Branding aside, is it really that strange of a location? It’s centrally locates for most people in the area. It has great visibility and patrons will get pretty good views of the CBD. Have you seen where they’ve managed to plop these things down in places like Houston or NYC? Not to mention, a swath of developable land that large is hard to come by in New Orleans, especially in an area that will let you build something of this scale and purpose.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:24 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Branding aside, is it really that strange of a location? It’s centrally locates for most people in the area. It has great visibility and patrons will get pretty good views of the CBD. Have you seen where they’ve managed to plop these things down in places like Houston or NYC? Not to mention, a swath of developable land that large is hard to come by in New Orleans, especially in an area that will let you build something of this scale and purpose.
No, like I get the location for a skyline view and for having the room to fit it, etc. Just once you're down on the street, which is kinda hard to get to, and what not there's not a whole lot around it. Just industrial stuff. I hope it works out though. Guess we'll find out. At the end of the day its better than having the abandoned times pic building there

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:53 PM

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 6:05 PM

Quote:
No, like I get the location for a skyline view and for having the room to fit it, etc. Just once you're down on the street, which is kinda hard to get to, and what not there's not a whole lot around it. Just industrial stuff. I hope it works out though. Guess we'll find out. At the end of the day its better than having the abandoned times pic building there
I think bachelor parties will take the short uber from their hotel to Drive Shack every weekend by the dozen and then be able to easily uber to the CBD/french quarter when done. It makes sense for this location because it is a destination. Top Golf and Drive Shack are not businesses that need foot traffic. My only gripe is we dont get the established national brand, but maybe Drive Shack will become a household name in a few years.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 6:26 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
I think bachelor parties will take the short uber from their hotel to Drive Shack every weekend by the dozen and then be able to easily uber to the CBD/french quarter when done. It makes sense for this location because it is a destination. Top Golf and Drive Shack are not businesses that need foot traffic. My only gripe is we dont get the established national brand, but maybe Drive Shack will become a household name in a few years.
everyone will think its Top Golf like i Did the one in Orlando lol... until drive shack becomes a name brand

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations