HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
Linky??
Horrendous video here...

http://www.9news.com/news/local/next...f-13/503096947

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 3:27 PM
Urban Living

my god... that video is horrific ... so many problems - but good thing we now know the opinion of the botox doctor across the street. as they said in the video... "so sad"..

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 4:34 AM

speaking of CCN, I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but CB2 is opening a store at 2nd and St Paul in first or second quarter 2018. Thought it would end up in the Safeway building but there is something else slated for that space

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemans_rowJ View Post
speaking of CCN, I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but CB2 is opening a store at 2nd and St Paul in first or second quarter 2018. Thought it would end up in the Safeway building but there is something else slated for that space
According to Councilmember New’s office, the Macy’s furniture store will be moving to the Safeway building to make way for redevelopment of the west side of the center.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
According to Councilmember New’s office, the Macy’s furniture store will be moving to the Safeway building to make way for redevelopment of the west side of the center.
I am going to wait until the mall makes an announcement on this one. Elway's just extended their lease (I think) and I have not heard anything about any of the other stores in the area moving. Further that Safeway space seems to be extremely large for a furniture showroom.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:02 PM
ColoRADo

Macy’s Furniture is definitely moving into old Safeway.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
Macy’s Furniture is definitely moving into old Safeway.
That is surprising- I wonder why they are waiting so long to make the formal announcement.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 10:54 PM

Happy New Year!

The best thing about this year's Christmas had to be Hello Giggles.

Did anybody else happen to catch this very cool 9News story/video? Video of incredible 16th Street Mall pianist goes viral

Here's to a new year of more high rises and falling rental rates.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 4:08 AM

Does anyone know if there are going to be anymore external lighting features on 1144? I like the side track lighting but I wish there would be something on the top to showcase the height of the building.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 4:37 AM

I know there’s a sign on the property saying “coming soon” but does anyone know when construction is suppose to start on block 162?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 3:11 AM

I have a happy face

Photo and article by Thomas Gounley/BusinessDen

https://businessden.com/2018/01/02/c...el-fetches-2m/
Quote:
No more bunk beds and dormitories at a century-old Uptown building. Denver-based GM Development purchased 630-638 E. 16th Ave. in Denver for $2.1 million, according to property records.

Marketing director Shelly Danowsky said GM has restored historic buildings in the Midwest — including the recent conversion of a Missouri elementary school into loft apartments — and wanted a similar project in Denver. “What we’d like to do is … bring it as close as we can to how it was when it was built,” Danowsky said.
Any time a 1908 building can be saved, renovated and repurposed it's been a good day.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I have a happy face

Any time a 1908 building can be saved, renovated and repurposed it's been a good day.
That is fantastic news! Although they might want to start with a good old fashioned down home fumigation

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I have a happy face

Good news indeed. I've driven/walked/biked by that building for many years and thought how sad it was that it was in such disrepair and wondered about its future. The 17th Avenue & Park Avenue area is such a treasure in my view, and the restoration of this property will add to that.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Good news indeed. I've driven/walked/biked by that building for many years and thought how sad it was that it was in such disrepair and wondered about its future. The 17th Avenue & Park Avenue area is such a treasure in my view, and the restoration of this property will add to that.
A lot happening in this area. Now that the GO bond passed the entire city block (or nearly all of it) across the street from that hostel (currently DPD Station 6) looks like it will be redeveloped into a mixed use project. Most of the block is zoned for 8 stories, so there is a huge opportunity for something pretty transformational to go in. And the 17th and Pearl project caddy corner from the hostel broke ground last month.

I also heard over the weekend that the city appears to be quite keen on the Dikeou/Tryna Sherman street North proposal as long as the Dikeou's make the streetscape improvements promised. The proposal really reflects the existing vision for Sherman to be transformed into a 'Capitol Mall' in the Capitol Complex Masterplan, and the city is eager to see development around Civic Center Station.
My understanding is the Diekous would start shopping the properties immediately once zoning is changed and would not be part of the development team (probably also a positive for the city).

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
I also heard over the weekend that the city appears to be quite keen on the Dikeou/Tryna Sherman street North proposal as long as the Dikeou's make the streetscape improvements promised. The proposal really reflects the existing vision for Sherman to be transformed into a 'Capitol Mall' in the Capitol Complex Masterplan, and the city is eager to see development around Civic Center Station.
My understanding is the Diekous would start shopping the properties immediately once zoning is changed and would not be part of the development team (probably also a positive for the city).
This is great news indeed-my past experience as a once long-time Denver area resident (I'm a native too btw) is the Diekous seem to like sitting on certain properties for generations even missing possible multiple opportunities to redevelop their properties. A good friend of mine managed a surface parking lot for the Diekous that finally got redeveloped into a residential high rise in the Golden Triangle about 3 yrs ago.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 3:26 AM

So I watched John Hickenlooper's interview with CNBC today (https://www.geekwire.com/2018/colora...ns-incentives/) on his pitch for HQ2. The thing I keep seeing across some stories is how CO isn't offering much in the way of financial incentives. However, I find this narrative odd considering specifics of exactly what was offered have been kept under a tight lid..... along with the proposed locations. If I am wrong on that, please correct me. Now, I fully assume that we aren't offering Amazon billions upon billions (looking at you Chicago/NJ). But.... I feel like making a statement that we went light on the incentives is a bit misguided without knowing specifics. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 2:40 PM

Surprise... Unintended Consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
So I watched John Hickenlooper's interview with CNBC today (https://www.geekwire.com/2018/colora...ns-incentives/) on his pitch for HQ2.
I heard CNBC gave Denver an 'F' for location? There's your eliminator.
It will be interesting to see, assuming they name a group of finalists, which cities and where they are located.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 3:46 PM

Today I has a giggly face

Image credit: Meow Wolf via TripAdvisor

Meow Wolf Will Create a New World in Arty Heart of Denver
JANUARY 4, 2018 By PATRICIA CALHOUN - Westword
Quote:
Meow Wolf is about to make a purrfect landing in Denver. In one of the worst-kept secrets in town, at 10 a.m. today, January 4, the ten-year-old Santa Fe arts collective and its new partners will announce where they'll build Meow Wolf's first permanent exhibition in a major market.
Say What?
Quote:
And it's a major project, too: a $50 million, seven-story, 90,000 square-foot building that will hold 60,000 square feet of exhibitions, three times the size of Meow Wolf's House of Eternal Return in Santa Fe, along with a restaurant, bar and retail and support spaces.
Where, where will it go?
Quote:
A spot right in the gritty heart of Denver, a triangular space created by the Auraria Parkway and the viaducts of Colfax Avenue and Interstate 25, just across the river from Sports Authority Field and close to the Pepsi Center and Elitch Gardens
Who's the developer?
Quote:
Meow Wolf's Denver development partner is Revesco Properties, a real estate and management company that's an owner and managing partner in Elitch Gardens.
Meow Wolf website

Preliminary rendering:

Rendering from Meow Wolf via Westword

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 5:59 PM

The Clayton Lane redevelopment has to be one of the biggest upcoming projects in Denver for 2018. While Cherry Creek North has seen a lot of redevelopment this will be the largest and most high profile project because of its location. Has anyone seen any new renderings, especially of what the new Whole Foods will look like up against University?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 6:17 PM

JFC. With all the empty lots in Arapahoe Square, with all the redevelopment or empty lot opportunities along Broadway (I'm looking at YOU, Mr. 2/3-of-a-square-block Sports Castle, and YOU, Little Miss 2/3-of-a-square-block parking lot hiding behind the Mayan Theater), with those and other juicy sites in central Denver where they could have added to and fed off of the vibrant street life, Meow Wolf chose an isolated, ugly chunk of solidified car exhaust for their home. Elsewhere on-line they stated that they chose the site because of its "...low impact urban infill" nature. Low impact indeed. Just goes to show, imagination is nothing without vision.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West