HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoNeurons View Post
Does anyone know if lightrail has made an updated version of this diagramme to coincide with the Evergreen extension launch?
I'm not sure if lightrail will be doing one since I made an updated version (see my diagram on this or the previous page of this thread). I haven't updated it recently but it's still fairly current. I do plan to update it again once the Evergreen Extension does open (as I've also done on Wikipedia with the TransLink Major Route Diagram).

Note: The image on my Photobucket no longer zooms to full size (for me anyway). The full size vector SVG (like lightrail's) will be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.

Alternate Upload:

Last edited by sweetnhappy; Oct 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 11:32 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Thanks for creating/updating this version of the map.

Some suggestions for a later revision:

There is also an allowance for a potential future station on the Expo line adjacent to Clark Drive. A Translink Project Planner confirmed this to me in an email. Like the Boundary station, it is unlikely to ever be built.

The future Queens street station in Port Moody would be elevated wouldn't it?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 2:28 PM

boundary-Kingsway is not a future station on the Expo line. A station can not be build because its on a hill.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 7:17 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
boundary-Kingsway is not a future station on the Expo line. A station can not be build because its on a hill.
A future potential station on the east side of boundary was also confirmed when I received an email from the Project Planner.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know if lightrail has made an updated version of this diagramme to coincide with the Evergreen extension launch?
No I don't have any plans to update it. at present SweetnHappy has done a great job updating it, I would just be creating a duplicate.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 10:12 PM
loafing in lotusland

Wow, great work sweetnhappy.

I, for one, would LOVE to see a station at Woodlands.

I'm curious why a station at QE Park hasn't happened though. Is that place waiting for development? I thought the whole Cambie corridor is being densified.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 10:15 PM
retro_orange

Quote:

I'm curious why a station at QE Park hasn't happened though. Is that place waiting for development? I thought the whole Cambie corridor is being densified.
Why was the Woodlands station never built? The density is there now for it but i haven't heard anything about it ever getting built now

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 10:37 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
Why was the Woodlands station never built? The density is there now for it but i haven't heard anything about it ever getting built now
Density wasn't there at all. It was all SFH in that area... along with a former asylum.

Even Sapperton and Braid were more or less ghost stations. Sapperton was built because of the hospital. Braid now serves as a major bus loop for the area and Sapperton has a few condos (and now it has Translink's HQ).

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 11:16 PM
retro_orange

Quote:
Density wasn't there at all. It was all SFH in that area... along with a former asylum.

Even Sapperton and Braid were more or less ghost stations. Sapperton was built because of the hospital. Braid now serves as a major bus loop for the area and Sapperton has a few condos (and now it has Translink's HQ).
I should have worded that better. Why aren't there talks about building the station in the near future now that there's appropriate density being built. Sapperton station isn't too far away and unless more high density buildings are proposed along east Columbia then there won't be much more density now that Victoria Hill is effectively built out.

It would be awesome if they made the Woodlands station as part of the Pattullo bridge replacement project, being so close together.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 11:17 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:

Quote from the Project Planner: "33rd and 57th Avenue stations would only be built with a large developer contribution, should future land use plans support developments of the necessary scale. 33rd would be a particular challenge given the adjacency to Queen Elizabeth Park."

I expect that Woodlands, and the Evergreen extension potential stations at Queens and Falcon would only ever be built if a deal like that which was reached for Lincoln station, or the one being worked on for Capstan station were put into motion. This means large densities and developer contributions. YVR's potential station could be built if the terminal is extended even further east than currently planned, at some point in the next few decades.

Some news on Capstan Way station from September:

Quote:
City spokesperson Ted Townsend told the Richmond News procuring funding for the $25 million Capstan Way Canada Line station through development fees is about 40 per cent complete.

The station’s timeline is dependent on development permits being issued and Townsend said there appears to be no sign of slowing down after the city saw a record level of construction in 2015.
From: http://www.richmond-news.com/news/ne...mond-1.2338577

Some news on the 57th Avenue station from March:

Quote:
The Onni Group and its partners will provide TransLink with the funds to construct a new SkyTrain Canada Line station at the intersection of 57th Avenue and Cambie Street to serve the redevelopment of Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) Pearson Dogwood lands and the surrounding neighbourhood.

But the station is likely many years away as detailed planning has yet to be performed and the developer still needs to raise the money, which will be generated by the 3.1-million-square-foot redevelopment.
From: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/03/c...venue-station/

Last edited by red-paladin; Oct 27, 2016 at 11:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
I should have worded that better. Why aren't there talks about building the station in the near future now that there's appropriate density being built. Sapperton station isn't too far away and unless more high density buildings are proposed along east Columbia then there won't be much more density now that Victoria Hill is effectively built out.

It would be awesome if they made the Woodlands station as part of the Pattullo bridge replacement project, being so close together.
I think New Westminster dropped the ball on it.

The Woodlands Station was supposedly contemplated if the Woodlands asylum site was developed at very high density.
The as-built is apparently lower than their threshold (at least the lands fronting Columbia), so the City didn't pursue it.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/12/w...ver-got-built/

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
Thanks for creating/updating this version of the map.

Some suggestions for a later revision:

There is also an allowance for a potential future station on the Expo line adjacent to Clark Drive. A Translink Project Planner confirmed this to me in an email. Like the Boundary station, it is unlikely to ever be built.

The future Queens street station in Port Moody would be elevated wouldn't it?
I am aware of the potential future station on the Expo @ Clark Drive. But seeing as it is so close to VCC–Clark I (along with others) do not see it ever being built hence why it isn't included on my nor lightrail's diagrams. Another reason is that that particular spot on the diagram is already quite busy and the drawn lines are already a bit inaccurate (Expo should be much closer to the Millennium but then there wouldn't be enough space for VCC–Clark).

As for Queens Street, you're right in that it would be elevated (at the time I last updated the diagram, I did not know with absolute certainty where the elevated vs. at-grade sections were). I will update that sometime soon. the track at that point is at-grade (just reviewed the Evergreen Test Run footage - begins to climb west of Queens, after the part where the electrification rails are in the centre as opposed to the outside edges, which is where I imagine the station and platforms would be) so it is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
Some news on Capstan Way station from September:

Quote:
City spokesperson Ted Townsend told the Richmond News procuring funding for the $25 million Capstan Way Canada Line station through development fees is about 40 per cent complete.

The station’s timeline is dependent on development permits being issued and Townsend said there appears to be no sign of slowing down after the city saw a record level of construction in 2015.
From: http://www.richmond-news.com/news/ne...mond-1.2338577

Some news on the 57th Avenue station from March:

Quote:
The Onni Group and its partners will provide TransLink with the funds to construct a new SkyTrain Canada Line station at the intersection of 57th Avenue and Cambie Street to serve the redevelopment of Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) Pearson Dogwood lands and the surrounding neighbourhood.

But the station is likely many years away as detailed planning has yet to be performed and the developer still needs to raise the money, which will be generated by the 3.1-million-square-foot redevelopment.
From: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/03/c...venue-station/
Based on that information, it would seem that the Capstan Way station may be started/completed sooner than 57th. And I did feel as though "construction to begin in 2018" was a bit soon for 57th, but that was the information that I saw at the time. I think I will remove that bit from the diagram for now.

Note: Made an in-place edit regarding Queens Street station.

Last edited by sweetnhappy; Oct 31, 2016 at 4:49 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 2:43 AM

I've always wondered if it would be technically feasible to construct a station at Cedar Cottage, on Victoria Diversion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure