HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnixon View Post
I'm sorry, but if by "transform" you mean "turn into a hellish highway wasteland" then I think you're bang on.

I hope nothing like this ever happens.

If we want to make our city more livable, building big ugly flyover ramps all over the place is exactly the way NOT to go about it.
My Bank Street plan goes against that though, since it is open for redevelopment (see that thread) and carefully worked.

The problem at that main interchange: lack of space forces tricky flyovers. One option is to close ALL accesses, which would negate completely the need for twinning the Airport Parkway, no building any ramps (except perhaps bus-only ramps to the Transitway) and allow for free flow. But that would require a shift to Uplands Drive for airport access from the south end. As a collector road, is Uplands up for the upgrade? Bank loses capacity so it is not in play.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation